Bassist hate thread

You can't say this isn't every rock/metal bassist ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=r-zKMsj5rio

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0bLIoCpEee4
youtube.com/watch?v=0eqpsSk6Qw8
vocaroo.com/i/s0w4XWin9NKL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're a deaf ignorant.

t. bassist who tried to learn guitar but gave up

I'm talking about people who aren't in famous bands. But I'm sure it applies to enough of them too.
In literally every band I've been in either me or the other guitarist has to record the bass parts for shitty, waste of good equipment retards.

This isn't Reddit

>Jared Dines
you CAN'T be over 15 years old and using him as an actual argument

Just an opening statement. Like him or hate him, he's right. Bassists are the laziest pieces of shit ever.

Then you know nothing about the instrument.

except most "bassists" don't even understand the instrument and their role in a band, that's why so many of these retards play bass like they're trying to be the lead guitarist.

You're flat out talking out of your ass. same with people who are like "Drummers are neanderthals"

Fuck off, retard.

I'd love to have a bassist with a lead sensibility to start a prog band with, personally.

My face when the bassist fucks up.

You can do that successfully tho like Andy rourke of the smiths

Speaking of that, an advantage of guitar is that you don't have to be any good live because no one notices if you fuck up. Bassists can't make any mistakes or everyone notices.

lol, so much butthurt to be seen here

why are bassists the most insecure musicians there are?

Because of retards like OP

I use this tone to hide whenever I make a mistake. It sounds amazing live too.

>the man who invented the tone
youtube.com/watch?v=0bLIoCpEee4
youtube.com/watch?v=0eqpsSk6Qw8

>me using the tone
vocaroo.com/i/s0w4XWin9NKL

Andy Rourke is a really good bassist, and also proof that bands need a bass guitar

this guy is a fag!!!!

That's because retards pick up the bass thinking it's a simplified guitar but then realize they can't play it. My advice , get into a band with musicians and not your retarded friends

It's not nearly as bad as all the guitar players who think they're good but only know 3 chords and 5 metallica songs. With my personal experience , guitar players think they're pros but can barely play, and all the bass players I know are chill and they also give a shit about learning music

Here's how you get this tone.

>step 1: the bass

Get yourself a bass that can accomplish this tone. A fender jazz *, p bass*, musicman stingray, carvin basses, among some others won't cut it.

*exceptions are the early 80s fender elite series

Basses that can get the tone are ibanez basses with nordstrand pickups, spector ns2, warwick streamer, wal basses, and jaydee basses.

>step 2: chorus

Set the eq on your bass guitar to:
bass: 10
mids: 1
treble: 10

step 3: get yourself a chorus pedal one that works really well for this tone is the Boss Bass Chorus CEB-3. Another way to get this chorus effect is to get yourself an analog delay with a modulation section such as the Yamaha e1010, this is how Mark King did it.

Set with the rate and depth at around 12 o clock. I like to turn the depth up a little more on occasion.

>step 3: the amp

Most combos/cabinets nowadays have tweeters in them, make sure you have one because you need those high frequencies. On the eq section, scoop the mids out a little bit more and push the bass and treble up. If you have an ampeg amp, you can accomplish this with the "ultra-lo" button on the amp. On top of that if you have an extra parametric eq section scoop out the high mids a little bit more, specifically the 1k-2k range.

Have fun!

but andy rourke doesn't try to be the lead guitarist, he perfectly compliments johnny marr with tasteful and groovy basslines

>Bassists can't make any mistakes or everyone notices
lol WHAT? literally no one listens to the bass live

Not intentionally, but changing a note in the bass completely changes the entire chord, and everyone notices that.

This isn't, it's a parody. Aside from that, you're more likely to hear some of this from a novice and bass does have great importance in making cohesive music. Don't know why you have to make such a shit thread on a shittier board, but you're a faggot either way.