Thoughts on PJ Harvey?

thoughts on PJ Harvey?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nlREMV7jmWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ps3MYbdtTqc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One (1) good album and a whole bunch of mediocre ones

>translation: "Please Sup Forums, tell me if I am supposed to like [artist] or not. While I have an opinion on [artist], I would like to make sure it's in agreement with the rest of Sup Forums"

Clearly a fine performer. Not a great songwriter. If she hadn't been hot she'd have wound up harnessed to some band as a vocalist with a chance of true greatness.

thank you for translating me man

Are you serious?
You can not like her, but you can't deny she's a great musician on her own.
She has at least 2 10/10 and a lot of excellent/great albums.
She doesn't even have a bad album, it's really clear that she puts a lot of work into all of her records.
And her last one, Hope Six was really underrated.

The Guardian called her the best female musician of the last 25 years and I would agree with that.

She changed her sound so many times, but still stayed so fucking good and made great albums in each of her phases. One of artists with discography as close to perfect as it gets, with only maybe 2 mediocre albums and 7-8 great albums. Also, I always liked her overall persona and bad-girl, rough image, starting with her grungy phase and continuing to this day. And that huge career shift she did with Let England Shake in 2011 was mind-blowing.

Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea is my favorite, although I know many mutants deem it as being too poppy - my next favorite is Is This Desire?

Great vocalist, great guitar player and a very interesting songwriter overall. I saw her last year in 2016 for the first time, she came to my city unexpectedly.

One of my all time faves.
Zero truly bad albums.
Stories From The City is in my top 25 albums OAT.

pj a babe

youtube.com/watch?v=nlREMV7jmWQ

youtube.com/watch?v=Ps3MYbdtTqc

she's just the coolest. let england shake is my 4th most scrobbled album

shes boring. a bit too numaleish for my tastes

she's pretty ugly to waifu but her music isn't bad

desert session 9&10

Also met josh homme at a pj harvey show late last year that was nice

Quoth gf "was that one of your dads friends?"

take that back right now!

Dry, Rid of Me and To Bring You My Love are all good albums imo

I'd take her over most other mu waifus any day

delete this

she has my favorite voice in all of music

there's just something about it, it's so rich and powerful but also expressive and vulnerable

Great artist but not my thing
Loved Dry and 4-Track Demos though

>caring about looks more than music
Fuck off you meme

In The Dark Places is fucking primal

Would waifu dat.

i really like her but have to be in a certain mood to listen and enjoy her music..

when i'm in that mood her music is so perfect, especially the dramatic vocals on to bring you my love.

dry has a few bangers altho really bad production like there is no bite to any of the songs

rid of me is one of the most boring albums i've ever listened to, put me off pursuing anything else of hers

She is amazing.

However... That new album was such a let down.

>put me off pursuing anything else of hers

That was a mistake. Listen to other albums as well, you will definitely find something for your liking. If you didn't like dry and rid of me, then try stories from the city

I liked her first couple of albums but IMO she kinda got boring as she grew older.

And I mean it's fine, clearly I wasn't her target audience. Reminds me a bit of Tori Amos progression wise.

>On her last record
>The album debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart. It sold 11,436 copies and became PJ Harvey's first number-one album in the United Kingdom.[34] In its second week, the album sold 3,372 copies and fell twenty-two places to number twenty three. It registered the second-largest drop in chart history for a number one album since Christina Aguilera's Bionic (2010) fell twenty-eight places.

yikes

>really bad production like there is no bite to any of the songs
both of those albums have really fantastic production. The guitars sound great

who cares