Quick

Quick.
You're 18, just starting college.
What advice do you give to your past self?

Revise and don't fucking stop... It'll be worth it...

>don't go to college
>get a trait and save money
>surpass college plebs in dept
>???
>profit

Don't get a credit card.

Stop looking at loli you fucking faggot

"Push yourself harder, you pussy!"

Take Chem and minor in ECON not the other way around.

It's better to kill yourself than deal with the stupid shit your about too, but you won't change because you're a stubborn son of a bitch

Don't bother, go get a job instead.

Avoid parties, drugs, alcohol and females in pursuit of top-teir STEM degree.

You'll have plenty of time, and a lot more money, for that shit later after you patent the latest gizmo/gadget/cancer cure and hit the bigs.

Fuck more bitches. ALWAYS wear a condom. Invest.

be nice to kassy, she likes you. don't go on a date on february 15th. just don't go. no matter what. just get your life together and stay in school and try.

Don't do community college. It's not a challenge. You know it. Go into University and just get through it. Get a cushy job. Seriously DO IT! Don't end up where I am right now. Just don't.

Don't join anonymous

>college

DON'T GO OUT OF STATE
Take care of your prereq's in a community college, and take the time to actually figure out what the fuck you wanna do.
Paleontologists, regardless of where they end up working, will spend half their work writing about rocks. Sounds engaging? I thought so.
Stay with your dad and stepmom for a while, you'll at least learn to tolerate each other.

I'm at University right now, studying computer science, but I'm not really good at math.
Like, at all.
Up to algebra I'm fine, but the Calc shit can fuck itself.
Any recommendations?
I'm great at English, I can play guitar but can't write music. Physical jobs are kinda out because I'm scrawny

git gud

no dog he doesn't even lift
lift first then git gud

Computer programmer here. What made you decide on CS?

You don't need a lot of math for most programming stuff, but it's all that kind of thinking.

Don't fuck her. Don't kid yourself, you're not going to get married. She's going to shit on all your dreams, and she's going to turn into a princess. Join the fraternity instead.

RAPE THAT BITCH, IS DRUNK SO WTF ANAL IF POSIBLE

I've been logically minded for a while, and my options for that were pretty much Finance, Writing, or Computer Science.
Since the market is good and the opportunity was there, I took CS as my first choice.
Never done coding before, so going in blind, and I'm only a Freshman, so if I'm not sure about it, I can change. Just don't know if I'll "git gud" as the kids say

>You don't need to know what 3+3 is but you need to know the rules to find out.

That's the way I always explained it to people who have no idea about computer programming.

>You're 18, just starting college.
>What advice do you give to your past self?
Luckily, I was 19 when I started college, so I've got a bit more time.

>Tell her you love her, dumbass!

Don't put on that fedora, don't be a fucking pussy, date her

JUST MAKE SURE THAT PERRA DONT GET PREGO MOTHER FUCKERS... DONT DRINK TOO MUCH AS YOU FUCK WITH PROTECCTION ASSHOLES, MAKE SURE DO HOMEWORK BEFORE GO OUT AND GO TO CLASS... THEN FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK AND GO TO CLASS BE SMART AND DONT GET DRUNK TOO OFTEN

Don't go. Just get a job now.
There, I just saved you two hundred thousand fucking dollars.

Start running again, you fat fuck.
Also, focus on getting good grades. You tanked the ones I have now because you couldn't write a fucking 3 page essay.
Finally, with everything you do, remember: there is always room for improvement.

Around blacks, never relax.

# (OP)) i am currently in a cc , what the fuck is wrong with community colleges?

Don't lose your virginity to an ugly bitch, save it for someone hot, like a mare or an asian

Programmer here, too. is right. Unless you're doing Game Programming (which I'd recommend taking a class on it anyway), you probably won't need any math skill beyond the basics.

Right now it's just an intro to CS, basics of Python

Make sure to bring enough ammo for my AR-15.

i am currently in a cc , what the fuck is wrong with community colleges? , i just started this semester , and i am planning to stay for another semester .

I'd recommend trying to learn a bit on your own, and seeing how you like it. Start with a language like C#, and find a project or something to build.

Being a decent programmer can't really be taught in a classroom, you pretty much have to learn how to break down problems through practice (which schooling does give you a bit of).

I would kind of agree here. The biggest part of programming is usually understanding the problem you're trying to solve.

There are some other fields which require nasty math, like data compression or maybe quant-type finance stuff. Ninety percent of programming jobs are for simple CRUD apps, though.

actually study for stuff. it would have been pretty nice if we had graduated faster

I just started intro to object oriented programming and nothing really makes sense. The professor refuses to offer help and im at a loss, what do

Oh shit, that should be a piece of cake, then. Never written any Python myself, but I hear it's super simple. I started out with C/C++ my first semester, and it was easy, too. Graduated to Java in my third semester, and then went back and forth between Java and C# (See Sharp) my other 5 semesters. C# was my favorite, though they're both really similar. You'll do fine.

Don't worry about struggling with higher mathematics user. There are certain fields that require extensive math, but they're generally 3d graphics or simulation and modeling. There's a LOT of money there, but it's damn grueling. You can find a job as a software dev without know jack about calc though. As for worrying if you can "git gud," practice. Seriously, just practice. Write stupid shit. Pick a language you want/need to learn and write as many programs in it as you can, no matter how pedantic or pointless they might seem. Every problem you debug, every program you get to build makes you a little bit better, and it's a game of incremental progression, not leaps and bounds.

Python's all right, but fuck whitespace man.

Also, as a C programmer, I wouldn't recommend C for beginners, or C++ for anybody. It's very easy to make your program completely shit the bed, and not have much of an indication how it happens.

Thanks for the advice!
Any other for if the programming thing falls through?

Be confident and ask her out right now. She likes you. Kiss her on the first date. Be open and tell her how you feel when you start getting distant from each other. Make her tell you in person when she dumps you, don't let her do it over phone. Make her say why, so you don't keep yourself up at night wondering. Move on, go to the gym, start working out and make new friends. Push your comfort zone. Have experiences and don't spend your freshman year couped up in your room wondering why you don't get invited to parties.

P.s. don't worry about who she dates next. They both become great friends.

Just accept the fact that you're gay. You'll enjoy college (and life in general) once you actually start getting laid.

Dept?! Lmfao I don't even think you could've gotten into college my dude.

>object oriented programming
>nothing really makes sense
Yeah, that's usually how it goes at first. Once it clicks, you'll only want to do OOP. Gonna explain it a little via the analogy we always used:

>Imagine you're a construction contractor
>Now imagine that someone hires you to design and build a house all by yourself
>Once you have an idea of what the person wants the house to look like, you can start drawing up some plans (programming)
>The blueprint for your house will be your class
>You may add on a garage or....an outhouse or something, I dunno. These are other classes that are all part of the same package/namespace.
>When you have the blueprint drawn, it's time to build (compile) and run your class/program
>running the program could be considered the actual act of building your house, because it's creating an instance of that blueprint/object, the house itself.

From there, I guess you could say something silly like destructors are custom bulldozers that completely destroy your house/class instance when you kill the program. Then, you can make whatever changes you need to the blueprint and rebuild/rerun the program to get a new house with, uh, a bigger kitchen or something, yeah.

Hope this helps a bit, user!

>Also, as a C programmer, I wouldn't recommend C for beginners, or C++ for anybody. It's very easy to make your program completely shit the bed, and not have much of an indication how it happens.
True, but we started out with C/C++ for a reason. It was to teach us the back-end, so to speak. It taught us a bit about memory management, too. I know, I know, the new stuff handles all that. SOMETIMES.

The thing is, when someone is still learning about how to reason about problems, the last they need thrown at them is managing pointers. They still throw me off sometimes.

Much appreciated user thankyou!

As an example of "interesting" problems you can face with C, I currently have a program that crashes when run normally, but runs under GDB.

At 18 I hadn't made my worst mistakes yet. At 18 I was still growing into who I would become.

Basically at 18 I still didn't know shit

>the last they need thrown at them is managing pointers
Yeah, I hated pointers too. In fact, it literally WAS the last thing we covered in my second basic C++ class my second semester. I had a required Data Structures class my third semester, and I think we used them only once to create a linkedList.

>Much appreciated user thankyou!
You're welcome!

The problem is, pointers come up a lot when you try to build something complex. In C++ you have references, which are a bit easier to work with, but in C you don't have that luxury.

Don't say no to advanced fucking classes you pussy.

Well, these days, all you really need is experience with C/C++. Unless you're going into Game Programming, I don't think very many places are writing complex app in C/C++. Everything's Java/C#. Angular + C# looks to be the next big thing.

I never made it into college and my life was ruined since 16

ITT 1337 h4xorz

Put the gun down, everything turns around for the better in mid-2015. Yes depression sucks, don't go to phychologist, wastes $ and doesn't fix anything. Also pay the fuck attention to due dates faggot

You're gonna do just fine.

You'll get lucky and run into some frat guys during an engineering project and they'll become some of your good friends, you get invited to all the house parties despite being a complete nerd in high school who stuck to his books and all you had to do was pretend to act the way they do. It's not as good a life as it's made out to be, social rejects think pussy and popularity is so important, keep your nose in books.

That girl you like who invites you on walks, she likes you too and you're the reason she left her boyfriend she went into college with. She had a hard past, was raped as a kid, and you helped her mature as a person and never mistreated her. We're dating now, and she's the first girl you'll ever actually feel love with.

You have a good heart and you need to stop trying to be so "bad" because it's not "cool." Stop caring about appearances, you look fine, you're a bit slender after the hospital and I know you hate that but you'll gain the weight back. Focus on schoolwork, seriously I don't want to retake dynamics like I am now so you better fucking pass the first time.

Finally, that guy who your roommates feel sorry for so they let him sleep on the couch in the lobby of your suite during sophomore year... yea, he's a bucket of bad news. Whatever you do, don't associate with him and try to convince your friends to NOT ROOM WITH HIM JUNIOR YEAR FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Also you didn't get a job this summer because of a typo on your resume, half the workers contacted you saying you were the best at communicating in person and were disappointed you didn't get it yet you didn't get it because apparently Mr. Public speaker doesn't re read well enough. Dick.

Yeah, C isn't that widely used (well, number-of-applications-wise), and it's probably for the best.

I just wish things weren't moving toward Javascript. Javascript needs to be purged in fire, and something decent put in its place.

>I just wish things weren't moving toward Javascript.
Even so, Angular is pretty cool. You should check it out, if you haven't already.

Off to bed now. Good night, fellow programmers. I leave you with a gift from my home board:

I am pleased and confusedly aroused by your gift, user. Good night.

Stop playing computers. People will think that you can fix their computers for free

>get good grades
>don't start drinking, become a shut-in gym autist instead
>obsessively hoard bitcoin
>none of the women you meet in college are actually worth a damn but your education is

My life would be so amazing if I had done even one of those things

Don't listen to all their bullshit about your potential. You were completely right about mastering your fundamentals. Don't let them pressure you into taking classes you aren't ready for you will just fail and default on your loans and you will have to wait 3 years before you go back. Three years you could have spent learning rather than working to pay off your student loans.

Community College doesn't prepare you for the world. Honestly, I work for a CC and attend University, its night and day. If you are at CC and you get anything less than a 4.0 you're either stupid or lazy

Yo, I support CIS courses at a local community college. What trouble are you having specifically? Do you have any IT course background? Fundamentals stuff, like OS, hardware or server? Linux?