Modern folk artists? Hit me with your favorites. Doesn't matter what kind of folk, I'm not picky

Modern folk artists? Hit me with your favorites. Doesn't matter what kind of folk, I'm not picky.

youtube.com/watch?v=03F-Kpcd4NM
youtube.com/watch?v=61IYTUlymA4
youtube.com/watch?v=GupnGbdxqa0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ePwi5M2AJAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AH3oWOF5c80
youtube.com/watch?v=TkHgJE311IA
youtube.com/watch?v=f3nY1nRa7eA
youtube.com/watch?v=mYPCYboEpmk
youtube.com/watch?v=5YXVMCHG-Nk
youtube.com/watch?v=ELTVP4aqWAI
youtube.com/watch?v=63q7Moq8OR4
youtube.com/watch?v=znD_afH7vXE
youtube.com/watch?v=p1DaVay50io
youtube.com/watch?v=SdomBpIGD3A
youtube.com/watch?v=fqsH6FNNNZ0
shannonlay.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=h8VLdOGtG1g
youtube.com/watch?v=YHWHabEbKnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yw66hDa7smg
youtube.com/watch?v=hKAOQ7Utzv0
youtube.com/watch?v=FbvNKXZmB3o
youtube.com/watch?v=_RVnlV8HU2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=tVbtWYpZcGU
youtube.com/watch?v=SyETsd-rKP8
youtube.com/watch?v=asYEKuHUUV0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just one bump.

youtube.com/watch?v=ePwi5M2AJAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AH3oWOF5c80
youtube.com/watch?v=TkHgJE311IA
youtube.com/watch?v=f3nY1nRa7eA

I prefer Damien's music, specially with her:
youtube.com/watch?v=mYPCYboEpmk
youtube.com/watch?v=5YXVMCHG-Nk
youtube.com/watch?v=ELTVP4aqWAI

Laura Marling is excellent

Yeah, I can understand that. I do have to disagree, though. I've seen plenty of people wishing she'd go back to working with him, but I feel like she's really coming into her own as a solo artist. She gets better with every album IMO, and she really surprised me with the last one. At Swim would have to be my album of the year for 2016.

It's just a preference, user. I like her music as well and don't think she should go back just because his music sounds better with her voice in it.

Oh no, I know. I didn't mean you specifically. I should have been more clear. Just saying a lot of Damien Rice fans I've seen in video comments and music boards seem to feel that way.

Anyway, more links:
youtube.com/watch?v=63q7Moq8OR4
youtube.com/watch?v=znD_afH7vXE
youtube.com/watch?v=p1DaVay50io

Loved hearing them with Lisa playing Saturday Sun on a Nick Drake tribute album. Here's a video of them practicing it:
youtube.com/watch?v=SdomBpIGD3A

Laura Marling, Anais Mitchell. Father John Misty. Sufjan and PJ Harvey lately as well. And Joanna Newsom I suppose could be considered folk?

ICHIKO AOBA
C
H
I
K
O

A
O
B
A

Thanks. I'm not sure if I had heard Laura Marling before, which is odd since she seems to be so highly acclaimed. Been listening since the first user suggested her, and she's really good.

Ever listened to Shannon Lay? She released an album in 2015, and I'm in love with this set of newer material that she recorded last month.

youtube.com/watch?v=fqsH6FNNNZ0
shannonlay.bandcamp.com/releases

all of those are pop rock

your brain's a pop rock

Fleet Foxes have a new album coming out in the next few months

Oh yeah, I actually heard her newest one a while back. It's on my list of things to download, I've just been lazy. But yeah, I liked her a lot.

not an argument
here's some modern folk thats goodyoutube.com/watch?v=h8VLdOGtG1g

That is folk, but I don't see how any of the artists mentioned could possibly fall under pop-rock. Like, maybe some of PJ Harvey's songs from some of her past albums, but other than that those artists have all made work under the umbrella of contemporary folk. I doubt you'll find any of them on a pop-rock radio station.

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=YHWHabEbKnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yw66hDa7smg

Thanks. I was planning to just let it die since I promised myself I'd only bump it once, and I'm going to sleep anyway.

Gonna check out tomorrow. Seems great.

youtube.com/watch?v=hKAOQ7Utzv0
youtube.com/watch?v=FbvNKXZmB3o
youtube.com/watch?v=_RVnlV8HU2Q

Devon Sproule is really good

The Head and the Heart's first two albums were pretty good folk music, third album wasn't two great

John Prine leans more alt-country on some of his stuff, but I’d definitely call him one of my favorite folk guys still.

youtube.com/watch?v=tVbtWYpZcGU
youtube.com/watch?v=SyETsd-rKP8
youtube.com/watch?v=asYEKuHUUV0