>be 17
>life is great
>good grades
>decent girlfriend
>divorced parents, not a big deal
>except theres one thing
> in bad relationship with my dad for past couple years
>still forced to go to my dads on the weekends because of law
>dad would often force me to watch my younger half siblings (while he went out) whom
i didnt give a single care for, but had no beef against them
>i hated going there so I would often show up later than the desired time
>dad always rushing to leave the house as if I was such a burden to him
>be day before my 18th birthday
>as per law, i go to his house later that afternoon to spend the weekend with him
>was kinda excited since it would be the last time I legally had to be with him
>not even ther for 5 seconds
>”theres leftovers in the fridge, and please check the mail for me, see you tomorrow”
>extremely pissed.
>not a greedy cuck or anything, but its my birthday for fucks sake and he only said one stupid sentence as he was walking out the door
>lash out at him in anger
>called him asshole, shit father, etc
>told him what he does that makes him shit
>tell him im not spending the weekend with him and he can watch his own kids
>run to my friends house on the other side of town (no car at the time)
>turned my phone off because i didnt want to hear from him

will continue if this gets attention

go on

bump

(Part II)
>be next day
>leave my friends house and go to my mom’s
>see two cop cars
>think im in trouble for bailing on my dads weekend
>walk inside
>mother has tears in eyes
>sit at the table
>mom asks where i’ve been last night
>she exclaims my dad called her numerous times asking if i was with her
>tell her I went to my friends house
>cops cut her off and tell me they have more important issues for me
>cops tell me my dad died
>didnt care much but I asked how
>they said he was walking across the street when a large truck hit him
>i asked if he was drunk to see how much of an idiot he was
>they said he was sober
>cops leave a few minutes later
>turn my phone back on
>well over 30 missed calls, and some with voicemails and over 20 unread text messages
>about 90% are from my dad, the rest form relatives trying to tell me happy birthday
>read through the messages first
> 1st message: 10:24pm ”user, please come back let’s talk”
> 4th message: 10:57pm ”I left the kids with the neighbors”
> 15th message: 2:43am: “where are you? Im super worried”
> the rest of the messages are nearly the same beside “answer your phone” and “im sorry” type stuff
>start going through the voicemails
>”user is 2:30 in the morning where are you? Please come back im sorry”
>last voicemail is from 4am I tremble even just thinking about it
>”(sobbing)user, I love you and you mean the world to me. I am so sorry that I treated you this way and I promise im going to work on it. I really hope you havent ran away because I had something planned for just you and I tomorrow and dont want you to miss it. Please answer your phone. I need to know if youre alright.
>just sit there
>dont know if I feel depressed or meh
>produce a tear, but dont have the urge to sob

there are a total of 4 parts

Part III
>fast forward a week later
>my mom hands me a letter
>its from dad
>wtfhow.png
>open it
>the date is at the top
>was sent a few weeks ago but must have got delayed through the mail
>heres where I really start sobbing
>”Hey user! Happy early Birthday! I hope this letter gets to you on time because I want you to be excited for how were celebrating your birthday. I know you don’t have a job and you will be going on your way fairly soon, so I want to make sure you are ready. I’ve also been working extra for the past few years, to make sure we can do this. We are going to the car dealership and we are going to get you a nice car! So start thinking of which one you want, but dont get greedy now, haha. After we pick out your car, we will go to the movies, get dinner, and go out to a nice dinner. See you then! Love Dad”
>the letter had a picture of him holding me as a baby
>realize he was always gone because he was working extra to save for my birthday
>realize he was always in a rush to leave because me showing up when i did made him late for his second job
>realize he never told me because he didnt want me to get the idea he was working for me
>go to my dad’s house to see if theres any business needing taking care of
>walk inside
>feel no energy
>feels weird knowing theres no one living here anymore
>go check the mail
>a bit of junk mail from this week, a couple bills, and a light blue envelope
>blue envelope has my name written on it
>start getting feels
>just realized it was from dad and he purposefully put it in the mail so I would read it when he was gone
>go back inside
>feels building up
>read the letter

ohhhhh

correction: it was "get ice cream, and go out to a nice dinner"

(Part IV FINAL)
>”user, happy birthday. you mean the absolute world to me. Ever since you were born, I wanted the best for you. You probably have a lot of questions like “where do I go” and “why”. Well, two years ago, i knew my time with you was closing and I wanted to do something very special for you. So I got a second job to be able to afford that special thing. Im sorry if I ever seemed like I didn’t care or I didnt want to be with you. But really, it pained me to leave you everyday. Have a huge surprise for you on top of what I told you in that letter, which hopefully you received on time. If not, then it will be an even bigger surprise. Tonight, I am not leaving to go to my second job as I quit yesterday. I still have to make the final arrangements for your surprise. I want you to go to bed early today so you will be up and ready for tomorrow. Love you, son, and see you tomorrow. -Dad” there was a drawing of he and I holding hands
>feel the absolute worst
>fast forward to now
>in college
>Have only one piece of furniture in my dorm (its cheaper to live in a dorm)
>its a shelf
>on the shelf is the picture of me and my dad when I was born framed, my two birthday letters, and an envelope with all the written versions of his last text messages and voicemails to me

bless user

what happened to your father

I forgot to mention (my bad, i wrote this at 3am and was exhausted as fuck) that my dad was out looking for me, hence how he got hit by a truck

bump

bless user bless

>only sad because didnt get car
kek

I got a car a few months later, but I didnt even have my liscense at the time so I really didnt care too much about a car

hence why I didnt have one or my liscense already.. kinda just gave no fucks about it

I didn't ask for these feels

OP here
Neither did I, my dude