How much influence and power does this guy have in the British media?

How much influence and power does this guy have in the British media?

Why are the protecting him so much despite it being obvious he's shit now, I cannot remember the British press protecting a player as much as him.

Other urls found in this thread:

skysports.com/football/news/18804/10284549/which-position-should-wayne-rooney-play-for-england-at-euro-2016
skysports.com/football/news/11667/10034570/man-utd-captain-wayne-rooney-is-england8217s-greatest-ever-player-says-ander-herrera
bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34179398
telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/11842651/Where-does-Wayne-Rooney-rank-in-Englands-greatest-ever-forwards.html
europe.newsweek.com/england-euro-2016-wayne-rooney-scholes-463321?rm=eu
youtube.com/watch?v=TyRnT7BUSDE
manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/Jose-Mourinho-says-Marouane-Fellaini-is-vital-to-Manchester-United.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's fucking insane. Last night on MOTD they called his performance 'superb'. He was complete dog shit, yet they showed the highlights in a way that made Rooney look competent.

I swear this guy must spend half of his weekly 300k wages on the media to kiss his arse so much.

none

otherwise they wouldn't have roasted him about his fetish for fucking old women in catsuits

>Scored a goal on the opening day
>Dogshit

Get off the wacky tobacky, you paki.

>he thinks scoring means he had a good game.

Yeah, a free header a few yards off goal. What a player. Let's ignore all the times he miscontrolled the ball, ruined every counter attack and missed 2/3 good chances.

Scoring a goal, no matter how easy or hard it was, seems quite the contrary to being dogshit.

Be gone with you, ABU scum.

Lad, I'm a United fan. Rooney's been stinking up the team for years yet somehow he gets 0 criticism. Any player could have scored that goal.

Name me 3 better strikers in the EPL.

Oh wait...you can't.

Ibra
Martial
Rashford.

3 on the same fucking team...

Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Kane, Sturridge, Costa, Vardy, Lukaku, etc.

>How much influence and power does this guy have in the British media?
loads lad. rooney calls the shots on fleet street. barely a story is published that he hasn't checked through and approved first.

>Sturridge
>Vardy
>Lukaku
>Kane
>Costa

you must be joking.

He's easily the most overrated footballer this generation.

If he was from any other nation he'd be regarded as a pretty good player but now over the hill. Only in England would the term 'world-class' but placed upon him.

It's not 2010 any more, Rooney is past it.

Thought he played midfield now for utd?

the whole british media spent 4 years saying he would be the next GOAT, trashing him now would be admitting their stupidity.

Not an ABU, if I was I'd want Rooney to play every match. You can still score and be dog shit, a single goal is one action and he performed dozens of actions quite badly yesterday

There's 3 better strikers at United than him, he's mid-table tier now.

He's the #10 now, Mourinho doesn't want him in midfield.

they aren't protecting him dumbshit, sky sports pundits were saying he was in serious danger of losing his spot yesterday and the papers have been out for his blood for 5+ years

Tbqf he was incredible in midfield during the Euros. Truly controlled the midfield, bossing it on every level from every angle.

He could have been a top GOAT midfielder if he had played there like that for his entire career. Instead he will just be remembered as a pretty good striker.

2004 Rooney was the best striker on the face of the earth, he's been on a gradual decline ever since

Eto'o and Fat Ronaldo?

>Out for his blood

Hahahaha. They cry everytime he gets dropped from the England or United squad. He's easily the most protected player on the planet.

One season wonder, just like Vardy.

Would I still claim Vardy was the best striker on the planet after 11 seasons of lower performance level?

nah, I could link a dozen articles questioning him and basically calling him shit

>IS ROONEY FINISHED?
>ROONEY'S PLACE UNDER THREAT

etc etc

>>IS ROONEY FINISHED?

show one of those where the answer is "Yes".

>he thinks scoring means he had a good game.

skysports.com/football/news/18804/10284549/which-position-should-wayne-rooney-play-for-england-at-euro-2016
skysports.com/football/news/11667/10034570/man-utd-captain-wayne-rooney-is-england8217s-greatest-ever-player-says-ander-herrera
bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34179398
telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/11842651/Where-does-Wayne-Rooney-rank-in-Englands-greatest-ever-forwards.html
europe.newsweek.com/england-euro-2016-wayne-rooney-scholes-463321?rm=eu

Literally all from this year alone.

Even as an American I can see how goddamn awful he is.

>get the ball going forward
>ease up and blindly boot it behind
>intercepted or play breaks down completely

ABU's wet dream

>france talking about football

go support algeria, you mong cunt.

>Last night on MOTD they called his performance 'superb'.
That's because the pundits on MOTD are morons

that's also what herrera and mata are doing when attacking. van gaal just destroyed them

>can't dribble for shit
>his first touch is shit
>creativity = pass it to right wing

He's alright lads. He can score. kek

He's got a lot of friends in position of influence in the media.

Jose should just drop him now. There's going to be outrage whether he does it now or after 20 games of Rooney playing awfully. Either way, there's going to be shitstorm.

Jose should just get it out of the way, change to a conventional 4-3-3, and get the best out of Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Martial.

You don't remember Gerrard?

He's the last Great White Hope of English football.

Kek, Rppney apologists out in full force

He got a free header three yards from goal. Some people even give him an "assist" for his pass to Lingard in CS

Hes shit, and has been for the better part of two years now.

Forster's looking tanned

He used to genuinely be great. Capable of performances like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=TyRnT7BUSDE

He's just finished now and has been for a little while.

Rooney literally got replaced by RVP in 2012

Then Rooney bullied his way back into the first team and a new 300k p/w contract by using his media influence to intimidate Moyes and stir up a shit storm of locker room munity

>Forster

Top lel

Yes, he has so much power that he even convinced them to run an expose on his affairs.

Actually no, Rooney doesn't. Everyone knows he is the fucking worst but no one wants to say it because he is "legendary". Man Utd got cursed with this sack of potatoes and nobody wants to admit he is fucking useless 80% of the time because he's got the most caps or most goals or some shit along those lines.

I know. Fucking >moyes

Ferige knew he was done, and was about to ship him off. Then that buffoon Moyes comes in and ruins it all

They should sell to some random club in china before he loses even more value.

english press doesn't work like that, they basically ask the question in the article and then not so subtely point the readers to the answer they want so you can 'make your own mind up' kek

I think he's shit but he's still better than any norweigian player in history

haha he look like shrek

>le rooney is shit guise meme
How to spot a retard.

>Fellatio, RPPMEY, and Mata will start every game now

>implying that mourinho operates this way
What's more likely is Mata and Fellaini will be sold before the end of the window.

He was horrendous. Did they actually say that? Slowed down or stopped every attacking move.

Search "Rooney superb" on twitter. Everyone thinks Murphy has lost it.

The BBC are effectively a Man Utd fanzine, they write about three articles a week minimum on them. Of course they fap over Ronney.

>MOURINHO SAYS FELLAINI IS VITAL TO UNITED
>Jose Mourinho says Marouane Fellaini is a key player for Manchester United, following the midfielder's standout display in Sunday's win over Bournemouth.
>"With Fellaini I always have the feeling that he was not loved by the general Red people," Mourinho said. "But, if he plays like he’s playing now, they have to love him because he’s being so important for us."

manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/Jose-Mourinho-says-Marouane-Fellaini-is-vital-to-Manchester-United.aspx

>a dozen questioning him

Yet there are hundreds fellating him, don't you see? You're just another United revisionist mate

>mkhi sits on the bench whilst pooney kills counter attacks like its his fucking job

and you're another abu conspiracy theorist

REEEEEEE

Everytime he got the ball on the edge of the box he turned back and either passed it backwards or out to the right slowing down virtually every attack.