Is this the only remake to surpass the original in every way?

Is this the only remake to surpass the original in every way?

I can't think of any others.

true grit, the mummy, the thing, the fly, king kong

>the thing

Has only the setting in common with the Hawks film. Not a remake.

>ITT: people who have never seen the original say The Thing

>Has only the setting in common with the Hawks film.

yeah just ignore the crashed spaceship and alien creature in it too, ya fucking idiot.

Dawn of the Dead

It's almost like a quasi-sequel, but of course the creature is completely different

It was faster paced but in no way is Ving Rhames superior to Ken Foree

It's an adaptation of the short story. The Hawks version is completely different.

it was a good remake but come on

Consider suicide

>le opinion literally no one has except teenagers on the internet that can't watch any movie made before 1980

Batman '89

I like the original and appreciate what Romero did for the horror genre.

I just think the remake is better acted and more suspenseful. Also to be honest, the ending of the original just kind of sucked. The idea that they would just randomly shoot into a house without ANY sort of inspecting at all was retarded.

>King Kong

What are you retarded? The original is still miles better than the remakes.

peter jackson's king kong is a laughable shitfest. the coen's true grit is their worst movie. your other selections are accurate.

>king kong

if you're talking about the 70's one compared to the original you're wrong

if you're talking about peter jackson's bloated CGI fuckfest compared to the 70's one you're still wrong

and if you're comparing the CGI fuckfest to the 30's one, then god help you

in conclusion, kill yourself my man.

>Dont Alive
>Help Inside
?

reading imdb is not the same as watching the movie. go to bed.

While I like it a lot and think Sarah Polley is a really underrated actress, no sorry.

>sprinting zombies
>zoomed in shaky cam
>good
You really need to kill yourself.

hi

>true grit

Not even close

agreed. the original dawn of the dead has a great first half hour but the rest of it is cartoonish crap. snyders film is way better.

I've seen both.

the original was full of metaphors about race relations in the 60s, hence the ending. you'd know that if you weren't 13. the remake has some of the worst acting of the decade.

Patricia Tallman was one of those women who looks 1000x better with short hair. Whenever I saw her with long hair she didn't seem attractive at all.

>Is this the only remake to surpass the original in every way?

It's great but the original Night of the Living Dead was made in 1968 was made 22 years later.

Horror and Zombies evolved a lot between then.

The aliens in the Hawks and Carpenter versions are completely different.

Citizen Kane is the greatest remake of all time

the original is a little-known kino called Resident Undertaker

Night of the living dead 1990 is way better than the original. anyone who says otherwise is a pretentious fagoteer.

Yep

more of a remake than a sequel

Snyder's only passable film, but worse than the original in literally every way.

>Hawks film

Christian Nyby directed the original, not Hawks.

So the credits say say...but Hawks was a 'creative producer.'

This and The Thing are the perfect remakes IMO. To me, a remake should take the basic concept of the original film and make something entirely new with it. Both of those did exactly that, compared to most remakes which just rehash the original with mild changes, and not to mention they were both fantastic films in their own right without being "just a remake."

I'm looking up at the cast on IMDB right now, and what the fuck? I legitimately thought Tim Roth was in this movie, but no its just some guy named Jake Weber... This is the first time I ever confuse two actors.

What the fuck? Why all the hate for true grit? I wouldn't say it's better than the original, the Wayne version being much more light hearted and of its time (bear in mind how traditional it is considering it came three years after TGTBATU) and the Bridges version being much closer in tone to that of the novel. They're very different movies but the Coens True Grit is fucking fantastic. Side note, why hasn't Steinfeld done anything thing good since?

You literally missed the entire point. You think they gave a fuck if he was a zombie? That was white man's chance to take out a darkie

How did you miss the whole reason for that ending you stupid asshole? It's left open to interpretation happily but it's assumed he shot the lead cause he was black. I mean he didn't whoop and shout "hey dadduh I gawt muh self another nigger!", but it's implied.

No way

>CGI blood, actually almost no blood at all in the movie
>zombie makeup was fucked so you rarely actually see the zombies
>takes out all the satirical elements
>zombies run

Old Boy