myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes desu

i don't read them

i don't read anyone's reviews

why would i

i like his views on age of consent :^)

to learn more about the music you are listening to

It's better to find out the context of the music yourself than through the lens of someone elses opinion

In an age where you don't have to buy music to listen to it, music critics are entirely irrelevant

what?

yeah you can't say this without giving a link, no idea what ur talking about.

pls give some context

He thinks 12 year olds can consent to sex

Maybe user means the New Order song

he's written some stuff about how he should be able to defile 12 year olds because they're fertile

I'm just hearing talk from you two

he didn't actually write that you idiots, it's a meme

>Why are there age limits? why is it illegal to marry a 12-year old? Helen of Troy was 12. Juliet and Cleopatra were still teenagers when they became famous. Most heroines of classic novels and poems were underage by today's laws. Thomas Edison married a 16-year-old. Medical studies show that the best age for a woman to have children is between 15 and 25

scaruffi.com/politics/usa08.html

Jesus christ. Technically speaking he is right on the last sentence but still. His Italianoness is leaking.

If you look at the context it's an anti-gay marriage argument.

Scaruffi is a terrible critic, but criticism in general is still valuable because of the sheer volume of music released

Not him but is it his anti-gay marriage argument? I'm confused. Is Scaruffi a contrarian homophobe?

too lazy to read his senile ramblings, but it's probably an argument against not legalizing gay marriage because "that's the way it's always been" by saying we changed the rules on marrying 12 year olds due to later realizing it was bad

He says if gays should marry than so should children to adults. Also he thinks gay parents creates fucked up kids and that teaching kids about gays turns them gay.

Yeah, I couldn't bother partly because of the ramble nature of it and also the cyan and comic sans ffs.

he pretty much says that gay marriage isn't a serious issue, which it wasn't and still isn't cause some people on the other side of the planet get executed for being gay so why don't we work with the real persecution instead of tax deductions.

also he argues that homosexual marriage is not even present with famous homosexuals throughout history

idk I kinda get it, pretty much why would something most religion is against subscribe to religious practices. especially when it involves our youth and how gay people throughout history have never raised people

yes, because he has great taste.
I tend to agree with him most of the times, and thanks to him I've discovered many cool artists and albums.

>why don't we work with the real persecution instead of tax deductions
Or why not do away with a governmental benefit that is contingent upon marriage, which is already something that is not equal; hence a governmental benefit is not equal; that's a problem. You can't just shrug it off with, "Eh, there are bigger problems. That's a cowardly response.

Scaruffi is and has always been a meme

If you like or believe anything he writes, congrats, you fell for it and are probably a newfag as well

>reading pedo reviews

not exactly. he says that
>if we have to expand the definition of marriage, why only expand it to homosexuals?

why can't polygamous or incestuous couples marry, for example?

and that

>If there isn't enough literature (showing that gay couple can adopt kids without negative consequences for them), then i am opposed to experimenting on children.

he is arguing that marrying girls as young as 11-12 has been accepted in many societies of the past, while gay marriage has never been established in history, not even by civilizations that seemed the tolerate homosexuality, like in ancient Greece.

Yeah, and those societies were great. Weren't they? Oh wait, no they weren't.

There are music reviewers I like less than him, but he's a rote contrarian who praises whatever albums he finds unpredictable or strange.

Also, reserving 10/10 for a single album that he hasn't heard yet but which will be the greatest album in rock is, to me, kind of silly.

I think his influence on this board has been pretty negative. We didn't always praise cacophony for its own sake, and we do now. I think he's led people to a kind of skewed perspective in which:

noisy > tuneful
chromatic > traditional scales
melodic = pop
pop = not art
not art = bad

--and that whole hierarchical way of looking at things is already kind of close-minded, turning it on its ass just makes it close-minded and annoying.

Shit meme reviewer.

but if he is a terrible critic how does the sheer volume of the music he reviews improve his worth as a critic?

Yes, he has become a meme but have you read his writings on music?

Yes, unfortunately. He's pretty politically illiterate.

Yes he did, see

This

There are plenty of noisy avant-garde albums he gives a negative review to, and many pop albums he gives a positive review to. Don't judge the man's entire tastes based on his ratings for a few meme artists.

>cyan and comic sans
THE GREAT SCARUFFI PREDICTED V A P O R W A V E