Any guitarfags out there?

Any guitarfags out there?

How "good" can I get in a 1 year? Also any tips/advice for beginners thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/doc/167649769/Segovia-Scales-for-Classic-Guitar-pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=pQ5XRfKccoo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All depends on how much time you practise.
Play everyday for atleast half an hour and you will see results

Also learn to read notes (or tabs, depending what kind of shit you want to play)

I usually do 3hrs everyday but should I focus on learning songs or theory and stuff?

learn harmonies and scales, learn notes

Don't listen to anybody that owns only electric guitars.

That being said, You can get as good as you want in a year. Just practice like mad. I figure if you're here, you already aren't doing shit with your day.

A ton of youtube lessons are out there for song intro tutorials. These are fine, but I'd steer clear. A much better place to start is simple three chord songs.

The first few weeks are gonna kill your fingertips, I wish you luck.

also how to build chords, and im not talking about minor major chords, im talking about a fucking gadd11/b and shit like that

Well they come together right? When learning songs you will learn enough theory I guess. If not, get a teacher

The only time you encounter that shit is in Jazz. Jazz guitarists are pretty crazy skilled, but as a beginner, you want to memorize scales before touching that shit.

what are good websites to learn this stuff

fuck these people saying learn to read music or learn scales. heres the secret to making non musicians think youre good

learn chords, practice chords, get reeeeally freaking good at chords. 90% of songs are 3 or 4 chords.

no one is impressed by someone plucking out scales. But if you master 3 chords and play them in order everyone thinks youre good

3 hours a day is a lot. You might get bummed out trying to keep up that amount. Remember that doing it regularly is way more important than doing it a lot.
Also, do the things you enjoy, don't sit in your room just practicing scales and chords. Try jamming along to a background track, who cares if it sounds crappy, you will definitely surprise yourself with some nice bars. Learn to play some of your favorite songs, even if it's just a section. If you want to be a technical musician, pick up a book on music theory. Tons of them are written for beginning guitarists. Do a chapter a week and you're golden.

Whatever you do, have fun. The minute you stop loving it is the minute you should get a fucking job, fag.

He's not asking how to "appear" good.
He is asking how to actually get good
Now fuck off with your stupid shit, retard.

Buy rocksmith
Pay for lessons, a guy can show you your errors before they are ingrained in your technique and you have to relearn

Any good Theory books you'd recommend?

1 to 1,5 years of daily practice will get you to a level where playing becomes so enjoyable you will not want to quit anymore. From there on things go automatically.

And as important as theory and stuff is, I say: start with practicing a simple song you like. You don't need to be mozart to figure it out and the rush it will give you will have you picking up the guitar over and over again, which is a much more powerful learning tool than any scale or chord chart.
Just don't get stuck playing that same song and nothing else. Pick up new songs with techniques you haven't learned yet. And then practice them SLOOOOOWLYYYYYYYY.

Source: rockstar for a living

Look mate, you can get as good as you want.

Ive been playing for 8 years and im average at best, simply because i only play when im bored and really dont have the passion for it that i used to.

If you put at least an hour a day of solid practice and you keep pushing yourself, you can be pretty good in a year.

>Buy an accoustic guitar
>Learn chords
>Buy an electric guitar,
>Buy a boss-ds-1
>Learn power chords
>Sound like a rock God
>???
>Profit

3 chords and a riveting stage presence

If you just want to impress girls it's easy, just learn a few chords and learn how to play easy songs like Wonderwall. But if you're trying to play harder things, especially on classical guitar (like I do), I would recommend you to enter a serious music school.

I was practicing about 1 1/2 hours a day for 4 months and I went from "twinkle twinkle little star" to getting into blues rhythm chords and simple solo stuff. I stopped playing and plan to pick it up again but this time around I'm staying away from tabs. Im going more for scales and bar chords to work on the basics and go from there. Anybody else feel the same?

If you are asking that then probably not very good.

Also, dont try and learn theory first. Learn to play the instrument and then learn the schooling behind it.

>Also any tips/advice for beginners thread
op is asking for newbie tips faggot, if he wanted to actually master the instrument he wouldnt be asking how to get "good" in a year.

Boss ds1 = cancer

all you need are power chords. anyone saying otherwise is a total faggot.

Any musician worth their salt can spot THIS guy a mile away. You'll be able to impress people even more if you can keep up with another musician or talk music with them or, you know, play any song more advanced than some cowboy chord bullshit.

Scales...& 8 hrs a day practice

this is very true, but I figure OP wants to seem good as soon as possible. I dont think someone who really wants to become a musician would limit themselves to a year. Sounds like OP wants to score some puss

Appreciate all the feedback
Also appreciate this pic user

It all depends on your goals.
If you want to really learn and become a professional and a performer then start with classical guitar. Learn to read music and do advanced and proper techniques, you may want a teacher to be able to find criticism.
In 1 year you can spend a lot of time on basics and studies and learning site reading and get it down pretty good. Its hard work, but if you have extra time you can always play what ever you want, be it tabs or what ever.
Build a repitiore, but for your first year, you should focus 70% of the year on studying basics and studies.

some resources:
Find a begginer guitar book that doesnt use tabs to start learning to site read. You can use flute and violin sheet music as it is read the same.
scribd.com/doc/167649769/Segovia-Scales-for-Classic-Guitar-pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=pQ5XRfKccoo

I was playing the Sweet Child O' Mine solo at the end of my first year playing (Been playing for about 6 years now), it really wasn't that hard as basically all I'd done for the first year is try to be Slash. First few weeks are shit but when you get used to it it's easy. I practice now about two or three hours a day. Not all at once, just on and off. I didn't go to any school or do lessons or anything just bought a shit amp and shit guitar for £100 and got in with it. Have a Gibson and a Fender Twin now though :-)

I want to get good. I just asked about the year to see how much one can achieve based on people's experience. I'm doing it to be able to play on an instrument I love.

nah it's cheap and souds great.

do you have any previous music experience?

This.

I've played the recorder when I was young for about 6 years. Although not much I can really remember.

Musicians or guitar hobbyists dont make money. if anything they have an expensive hobby and need a job.

Wanna be well rounded? Once you got the basics down, study the styles of Alex Lifeson and Johnny Marr. Polar opposites, indeed, but both of them combined cover a lot of territory. It's easy to be overwhelmed by all the popular guitarist. Focus on a few excellent players who cross genres.

ah, well in that case I would say buy some beginner guitar books and practice as much as you can, or if you have the money look into private lessons. I picked up a guitar after 6 years of already knowing how to read music and it was pretty easy to pick up. But best of luck to you user

Thanks user

no problem. I do highly recommend private lessons. You can teach yourself just fine I imagine, but its nice having someone to continue to help you improve and also to give you tips and tricks that helped them learn

Play with as many different people as soon as possible.