The Hobbit: Attack of the Clones

>"Mr Jackson, we don't have enough extras".

>"Okay just photoshop hundreds of copies of one guy".

How was he allowed to do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7azdH5Is5C8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-JD1P6qn_s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8LFQun4HQj8
youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=q4cdvcKH_ng
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMb9Fsd5xHY
youtube.com/watch?v=dFq3VGVA8_Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-fcJm1Slk2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying that one guy was real

By this point he had already died inside significantly

>"Mr. Jackson, the GoPro footage looks like absolute shit."
>"Okay, just throw it in there for like a second, nobody will notice."

Sadly true
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7azdH5Is5C8

Reminds me of the go pro footage from the Need for Speed movie

Jesus fucking Christ, Hackson

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-JD1P6qn_s

what an absoluish madman

What video game is this?

Shadow of Mordor on a console, it looks like

I have no idea why Jackson didnt cancel the release dates and spend another 5 or so years planning every scene and getting a practical effects department to help him instead of making everything CGI.

Who cares if we waited another 5 years. Patience would have made this movie memorable rather than it being forgotten as such a poor film to screen adaption.

A good game desu

Ending was pure horseshit

I never got to the end though. Seeing Gollum was awesome

money>memorable shit

WHAT THE FUCK

Everything Hackson has done has looked like this since King Kong. I think he was burned out after the original LotR trilogy, so the fatboi just started phoning it in. "We can do it in post, right guise?"

Everything he does looks like shitty vidya. Fuck him.

Oh man that dinosaur chase in kong kong was full on KEK
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8LFQun4HQj8

Daily reminder that the studio gave him SIX MONTHS OF PRE-PRODUCTION FOR A TRILOGY VERSUS 3 YEARS FOR LOTR

DAILY REMINDER THAT THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A SCRIPT ONCE DEL TORO LEFT

First Middle Earth movie I refused to see in the theater and seeing clips like this keeps me from regretting it one bit. Unexpected Journey was enjoyable if deeply flawed, but after that Looney Tunes crap on the river in Desolation of Smaug, I just gave up.

Rated R for hours of childish, cartoon violence.

Looks like a youtube thumbnail

The extended cut is good.
youtube.com/watch?v=q4cdvcKH_ng

Yep. I have been saying this for years and literally no one gets what I am saying. When an action sequence is literally one one-in-a-million occurrence after another, it becomes laughable.

Daily reminder that he could have just said no and walked away.

Hot

Pretty fucking sure the producers didn't allow him. I'm sure he would have loved to, but there's no way they didn't push it on him. He had to choose a direction to go with it, and focus all of his creativity in that way.
I feel really sorry for him. If I was in his place, I wouldn't care about the money, I'd just care about making a decent duology (let's face it, that would have been the optimal adaptation), but he couldn't cause del Toro already had a lol of shit planned. He was thrown in on the project and had no choice but to go at it, mixing his vision with another, incompatible one and making CGI horseshit. Does no one here remember that by the time they started working on BotFA, they literally had no script and just started pretend fighting in an open space? I would kill myself if that happened to me. Jackson's a champ.

>Unexpected Journey was enjoyable

I disagree.

I am never going to watch the other two(?) films. I have no regrets.

he got screwed with production since the beginning, if Del Toro is to blame is up to debate.

Basically Jackson was put in the position where "shoot in 6 months or we're going to pick up some Hollywood hack that'll do it regardless of circumstance"

He did it because he loves Tolkien. The fact that he managed to put out 3 decent movies should be considered a fucking miracle. Not to mention, there are some 4 hour fan edits that are GOAT

I'm sure he didn't want to pass on making a LOTR movie. I'd make a shitty movie too, if it meant adapting what I love. AND for millions of dollars? Fuck you. Plus I'm sure he didn't realize the state the movie was in until after the fact. Those grey hairs weren't self-imposed.

>Extended Edition
Why?

Fucking hell STOP with this digital motion blur shit

That's the thing about The Hobbit, he shot so much, aside from the overuse of CGI (out of necessity since they had 6 months of pre-production, couldn't even commission WETA to do props in that time), fan edits can easily trim the fat and make a really good 4 hour movie.

cannot unsee, just...

>I'm sure he didn't want to pass on making a LOTR movie.
The Hobbit is not LotR

>I'd make a shitty movie too, if it meant adapting what I love.
This is a completely retarded statement. Hopefully you can figure out why on your own.

>AND for millions of dollars?
Jackson already has tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars. He and all his children are already set for life. There's no need for him to pine after more, or use that as a reason to compromise everything he used to represent.

>Plus I'm sure he didn't realize the state the movie was in until after the fact. Those grey hairs weren't self-imposed.
He's either culpable or not. You're moving the goalposts.

Del Toro was the first domino to fall.

You don't take on a large project like this and flake out after you have committed.

Which fan edits would you recommend? I loved the Dwarfed Edition, but they vanished before adapting the third film.

It was between him raping Tolkien or someone else raping it harder. He did the lesser evil, and as a Tolkienfag that knows The Silmarillion backwards and forwards, I respect that.

Fucking hell, I still don't know how I feel about your pic related

If they are talking about the """"""""Tolkien"""""""" edit they can go fuck themselves.

It fucking cuts out the songs in the first film that were written by Tolkien.

>He did it because he loved Tolkein
So Looney Tunes humor during the go pro barrel scene is respect to Tolkein?

That's pretty cool, do you have to use a promo code to unlock those mounts?

THAT STILL ONLY COUNTS AS ONE

The studio wanted an action sequence and that was the only opportunity they had.

Don't like it? Edit it out as many fan edits have, and it's a great adaptation of The Hobbit.

Cut out all other singing but never cut out the scene when all the dwarfs sing in Bilbo's house. THAT is the beginning magic of what is meant to be the start of a journey of a life time

The audience in my theater actually laughed during this scene.

How come the ring was hardly in the movies? Didnt Tolkein mention it much until LOTR?

He didn't want to get typecast as the guy who makes movies about jewellery and end up on The Shopping Network

>Final Fantasy

>PAK

Into the trash.

It's like a parody of the Lord of the Rings.

So why wasnt Aragorn in this movie? Do not tell me because he would have been too young in the story: near the end of BOTFA Legolas is told of Strider who sits by himself in that town.

So Aragorn SHOULD have been in this! He could have been the saving grace

Viggo probably didn't want to denigrate himself by agreeing to appear in it

From what I heard, Mortensen refused because he knew Aragorn didn't belong in the Hobbit.

>The Hobbit is not LotR
And Game of Thrones isn't A Song of Ice and Fire. Who cares what you call it? Would you rather I have said a Middle-Earth Cinematic Universe flick?

>This is a completely retarded statement
Not really, considering he still managed to stay faithful to most of the material. What said.

>There's no need for him to pine after more
Yeah, I'll give you that, but my point still stands.

>He's either culpable or not.
No, I'm sure part of the blame goes on him. Tauriel was completely unnecessary. Not sure whether that was his call or not, but I'd be surprised if some of the mistakes can't be traced back to him.

what an ugly fucking movie this is, it's honestly painful to watch

We didn't need a more convoluted movie than it already is. We also didn't need Legolas in this, adding another lotr main would be even worse

>The fact that he managed to put out 3 decent movies

>Who cares what you call it?
Canonically it's a significant discrepancy. Your unawareness of that just demonstrates that you're probably an opinionated buffoon.

>visible polys on the cloth borders
kek

We're on fucking Sup Forums, not some press conference. Obviously I would watch my tongue in a more professional setting than this den of indecency.

they cant keep getting away with this

This is even worse than the first one. At least in the cloth one action distracts you a bit. This looks fucking terrible and have no idea how this got into the final movie.

>tfw animated movies are the best and only way to do a really big story of gigantic proportions.

wtf was he riding a pig?

The extended edition for BotFA has this awful sharpening effect applied to it. I think they were trying to tone down the HDR lighting but it somehow looks even worse.

I have both trilogies downloaded so if you want any webbums done just ask

JUST FUCK MY CAREER UP DESU

Christ......................

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMb9Fsd5xHY

No one has posted the GANDALF extended scene yet ?? :^)

Where can I find these edits, laddies?

I liked this part

youtube.com/watch?v=dFq3VGVA8_Y

This guy nails everything wrong with the movies

That first issue was fucking great. Or the first couple of issues, ending with that pic. Not sure how I feel about it in the long run, but whatever.

So was Dr. Manhattan the metahuman that killed Superman or?

Wait is that at the beginning with the voice over?

That was one of the only good scenes. My mind then shut off until Gollum appeared

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-fcJm1Slk2E

The one where Gandalf forgot to charge his staff the night before?

>real actors and a set in the foreground
>CGI backdrop and CGI models in the background
That's how to do it. I wonder why the entire Battle of the Five Armies was just CGI then

WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST USE A REAL HORSE????????

HORSES EXIST

so do piers

The dude that is behind BIlbo when you first see him, looks like he wants to rape him.

Yeah, this part was great. One of the few good moments in the entire trilogy.

FUCK this scene had so many memorable moments and in just 20 seconds I can list so many that stood out for me as a kid

>6 seconds - that arrow passing his head as he shouts
>9 seconds - the choreograhy as each soldier lifts up their sword spear one after the other
>18 seconds - the close up of the sword that is the most important object in this scene
>22 seconds - the look of fear as the true reign of terror appears

The Hobbit hardly had anything like this which is what made the LOTR trilogy just so special and memorable: every scene was carefully scripted and planned out.

CHRIST.

That was really hard to watch.

Lake Town was a set, I guess they didn't want to bring a horse there for safety reasons and it's not really something they could film with a greenscreen.

That begs the questions, "why film it at all since Legolas just turns up at the shore of Lake Town in the next movie anyway", "why include Legolas in the film at all", and "why", but who knows the answer to those.

so do clouds

>"But Mr Jackson, why can't you just film me riding a horse on a pier at the middle of the night? This is New Zealand, I am sure there exists many beaches and piers around the place."

>"No forget it I am not leaving the studio."

realer than real life

There is only one answer.

HOW THE FUCK WOULD THAT KILL HIM?