This is the best pound for pound weight lifter competing in the Olympics

>this is the best pound for pound weight lifter competing in the Olympics
Explain this to me? I thought lifting weights was supposed to make your body looks better but he is fat?

>that
>fat
lol

Yeah, but not the best pound for pound per capita per feet, Miguel.

Learn to give a crud

t. chip johnson from arkansas on holiday

Olympic weight lifting is all about efficience in doing one particular lift, so if he's able to do it just right(and as webm shows olympic lifting is a joke) he doesn't need to actually train like a proper bodybuilder or strongman.

Olympic lifting is astoundingly more athletic than any type of power lifting.

>I thought lifting weights was supposed to make your body looks better
you thought wrong, Joao

Why are they fat though? Bodybuilders have much more muscles at the same bodyweight, they would dominate the sport if they took the time to learn the movements

>what is offseason

The time to get as many roids in as possible since they're not being tested

t. fat powerlifter

lol you've been trying to shit on oly lifting for days now, give it a rest luigi

>bigger mussels means you are stronger

you sound like an american

>bigger mussels means you are stronger
If this were not true there would not be any weight classes in the sport

because they don't need all that muscle to do the olympic lifts, you basically need legs and back strength. Many have unnimpressive looking upper bodies but fucking tree trunk legs.
If he looked like right pic he would be heavier, putting him in a higher weight class while gaining little competitive benefit.

he is already in the absolute weight class

you're confusing volume and mass

heavier skeletons inside you gives the advantage.

why doesn't he lose fat and drop to a lower class then

because bodybuiilders are like women who put huge blobs of silicone in their tits to get bigger bigger and bigger.
the pic in OP is how a strong useful and natural body looks like. The guy you posted is a freak.

More athletic means more dangerous for all your body while giving you none of the positives bodybuilding with proper form gives you.
If you want to be athletic do flips and shits, don't lift 150 kg. over your head in one swing loaded with tickets for snap city.

Now post actually important athletes

earbite is not a sport

Fedor is actually not the norm. He has always looked pudgier than his opposition.

>the pic in OP is how a strong useful and natural body looks like.
it's not though, not compared to where he is at comp/during training cycles.
Pic was post competition (olympics i think) where ilya takes like 6months off and just gets fat/enjoys life

>confusing aesthetics with performance.
Yea ok.

>they would dominate the sport

No they wouldn't, bodybuilders focus on hypertrophy for show they can't match power lifters for functional strength

fedor was also superior to his opposition.
ergo
they should have gotten pudgier

Yes but he was also so short for a heavy-weight.

No one here actually knows what they're talking about.

>a piece of foam is more bulletproof than kevlar