Any one see this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W171n_v4ZAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who?

Is that Bo Burnham?

Just finished it.

It's garbage, barely any jokes.

I finished it. I laughed. For a comedy special it was shot very nicely, cinematic at times.

Bless him for trying, but he needs to stop with the deep, philosophical "message" stuff. He needs to get back to his roots and make funny songs again. That, or he needs to write/star in an actual comedy movie and break out of stand up before he degrades any further.
This was a very well shot, nicely directed show, but at some point he forgot that there needs to be comedy in a comedy show.

He strikes me as a performer who just does shows. He doesn't come across as a comedy, especially when he does the philosophical depressing stuff where he basically degrades himself. Words, Words, Words, was probably his only true comedy special. What, and Make Happy just come off as show performances with comedy mixed in.

what. had a much better mix of comedy and introspection. It's way funnier and more infinitely more memorable. I'm glad that I bought that album. I don't even know if this is getting an album release, and I don't care.

True, it was handled better. He seems to be doing less and less jokes each special he does.

I liked what. Is it good?

It feels like Make Happy and what. were released out of order. what. has a really even blend of deep and comedy, whereas Make Happy veers wayy too far into what feels like his therapy sessions. In the end, it just feels like the prototype rather than the proper follow-up. I mean, when it's funny, it's funny. But it's a weird roller coaster.

Interesting. I'll give it a look.

Someone needs to make a cinegrid on this special cause this was shot so fucking beautifully than it had any right to be.

fag

tfw I found out he went to my high school

The numerous Tumblr blogs dedicated him will have gifset material until the end of time.

lol my grandparents house is like 200 yards from the prep

topsfield fag here though went to an ISL school

Agreed. Props to the crew

The dude is so cynical and depressed that I am surprised he hasn't killed himself

The dude knows how to put on a show but he really needs to balance his material.

If you ever wondered how important a little thing called "Tone" is to a production, this is a prime example.

Fucking this. Very impressive

Yes. This new one just felt more depressing

Each special seems like he is just getting worse so it is possible

incredible comedian desu senpai

LOL

wow i might need to watch this so i can handily BTFO anyone who shills it, does he go full SJW?

I don't know about this guy but the exaggerated expression would suggest to me a layer or two of irony my niggas. Is he lampooning SJW anxiety or what?

No

what did he meme by this

not really he has a couple more of those done seriously

True

The special sucked ass.
YES it's shot well and looks great but that literally has nothing to do with Bo. You can spray paint a piece of shit gold and it'll look amazing but it's still a piece of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=W171n_v4ZAs

yes

Kudos to the DP and such on making jt interesting to watch if it weren't for them, they would have made this special unwatchable.

It had moments. what. is probably his best special. I recently watched Words, Words, Words and holy fuck christ that shit is awful. His worst stuff. Nothing holds up besides art is dead.

The shit almost made me fall asleep. Boring as fuck.
I'm going back to Carlin. Cya.

The autotune part was the only part that I really liked. The way it was shot and the use of the autotune was just great even if it wasn't funny.

Nigger

Someone just posted one on in the cinegrid thread.

Damn