Ask a Chef anything about food or cooking

Ask a Chef anything about food or cooking.

Under what circumstances should someone go to cooking school? Do you need it for any cooking job?

Im chef too now tell me how do you calm down lobster before you kill it?

wow you are a massive fucking faggot holy shit.

Not op but turn that sum bitch upside down, tail up in the air

Worked in a shellfish restaurant for two years. Have killed literally thousands of lobsters and crabs. No need to calm them first. Just straight in to the pot.

Why did you ruin that scallop

Also this

Why doesn't that picture have anything in it that tastes good?

kek!

op here i concur

What's the best way to cook a penis?

When you want to grill them and before that u have to cut them in half but they hittin u with tail and make u bleed you have to spit in its mouth and they calm down.

I do it every time works perfectly its old lets say tradition known by few croatian fishermen spreaded around

Are you Gordon Ramsay?

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie-roll center of a Tootsie Roll tootsie pop?

pic related. it's you.

Do you enjoy flipping burgers at Macdonald's?

What is your favorite food?
And can you cook it?

What is your certification?

Why would you make portions that small?
Does it really taste that bad?

Actually, Mcdonalds doesn't flip burgers. There's a heated top that comes down and cooks both sides simultaneously.

only if you have no idea how to cook
if you can cook for your family, just go work in a restaurant ...even as a dishwasher to start.
but when you have some cash...move to France &/or Italy and work in the best kitchens. Much more impressive on a resume.

I have worked with chinese chefs for about 7 years and they litterally hack them to pieces while they are still alive and shove chopsticks up their bums to clear the poo out and they hardly squirm. But they usually put them in the fridge overnight in a large tray with some wet newspaper on top of them the day before they hack them up which i think is supposed to help, also i think it may depend on how you cook it.

Have you ever cooked any human beings and/or made a salad?

yes.

in your mothers ass

how do i make tostinos oven party pizza better?

Yyes you spit in lobsters mouth no jokes after that you hit him there between teeth and he is ripperony you collect that liquid he drops or ye you just put it in pot of hot water if its not grilled or brodeto

>Spit in its mouth.

wtf son. I just used to hold the lobster down and push a knife through its head. You can cut a lobster in half within 5 seconds no problem without spitting on it.

I make ridiculously good lamb shanks. I am a competent cook and I go to my parent's house often and cook for them. Unfortunately, they hate lamb. What part of what animal could I substitute for a lamb shanks recipe that cooks for 6.5-7 hours?

my grandmother's lasagna
and yes, but not as good as her

do you use wagyu beef in your burgers?

Literally any meat?

Best restaurant youve eaten in?

> (You)
>>Spit in its mouth.
>wtf son. I just used to hold the lobster down and push a knife through its head. You can cut a lobster in half within 5 seconds no problem without spitting on it.

Yes but oh god you never held 4 kilograms lobster and when it hits with tale or its legs you get cut ao hard no need for some fast stabbing you spit in its mouth and you can play football with him he wont start fucking claping or shanking with his leggs

school of hard work faggot!!!

If that is your answer you are not a fucking chef and you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

lol

K-Paul's in New Orleans

Try a lamb shoulder? Should only take about 5 hours and when i cook it i tend to shred it up after. I can make it so tender the meat just falls off the bone

too many new fags here
op here...
I'm out

Should I salt my spaghetti before I put it in my pocket?

That's a great when cooking for people who hate lamb. Thank you so much!

Thanks for letting us know.

>they hate lamb

fake and gay.

Did you know thwres 2 types of lobsters and one without hmm idk word in english so il say hands so one without hands has better meat

Not OP but id suggest beef short ribs.

>On the bone
>Good fat content so doesnt go dry
>Not lamb
>Fucking delicious
>Not too expensive

I'm on a budget but would still like to get into cooking. I'm fed up with toast+cheese every single day. I've heard people say it's impossible to "eat healthy" when poor, but I think that's not true. However, when I cook something up (even minor stuff like Chili con Carne) it really truly IS expensive.

So the question would be: Can I get into cooking with very little money to spare? What are good sources of cheap, yet edible food? Any good online resources for "budget cooking"?

What u think about Kaiserscharrn, Wiener Schnitzel and Käsekrainer?

Lol sorry missed the "they hate lamb" part. Are you looking for an entire new recipe or just a different meat?

Im not OP but am chef and i am at work atm

Its rly hard unless you can sell it so for example here you wont be buying this but ohn dorry in here raw is loke 20ish euros per kilogram but when i prepare it i sell it for much higher so ye unless you gonna sell it you will lose if you are on budget then ask local restaurant to employ you so you could learn prizes and how to cook you know tips and tricks

Just a different meat. The only meat I eat regularly is raw salmon; I don't have a reference point for changing my lamb shanks recipe.

Not OP, but depending where you live it should be very easy. Basically any western country affords you relatively affordable good food. Buy less processed foods, make "batch foods" like spaghetti sauce, shepherds pie, lasagna, linsen, chili, what have you. Invest in a cheap cookbook or look them up, you'll be fine.

sugar in moms spaghetti?

go or no go?

Cheap cuts of meat and whole chickens are your friend.

Where I'm at, things like breast of lamb, lamb shoulder, pork shoulder, belly pork and lots of different cuts of beef are the cheapest cuts of meat.

They require low and slow cooking, but if you get yourself a slow cooker, its significantly cheaper and easier than doing it in an oven. And theres a load of amazing dishes you can make with a slow cooker.

Do you think that is fucking food? I could pick a bigger meal from between my teeth. Fucking pompous shit.

Opinion on Serbian or Balkan food?

Thanks man. I will try it soon.

I'm 20 and haven't had any work experience cooking but I wouldn't mind starting. Where would I start , I have a decent knowledge of cooking as I learn recipes. Just don't know where the best place to "shine" would be.

Also, never buy into organic or any other "specialty" foods. Walmart has an old meat section, most greengrocers have bruised fruits/veg for cheap. Most fruits can be frozen, and older veg you should use the day you buy. Fruits can also be preserved in jams, compot, frozen for smoothies, what have you. Look for the cheaper retailers ( In canada, avoid Lowblaws/Sobeys and go for places like Food Basics and No Frills). Most things can be bought no-name, most no-name stuff is packaged in the same facilities as the "premium" stuff.

Is cum good for puting it in food?

you want to build a good stock of ingrediants. If you dont have much cash to spare then just buy as you need, but try and buy large amounts of spices and herbs and things that will keep/grow. always good to stock rice and pasta since they keep forever too and you can buy big amounts for cheap.

once you have a good stock of core ingrediants, you can whip up great meals with only having to buy a bit of meat and some veg

...he wants to cook for himself. You can cook good meals which are well-rounded for as little as like 1-2$ here across the pond

Hmm if i were you id start working at hotel that has 1000 people just so you learn rations how much per one person and shit, and work habbits gain speed and learn tips and tricks about meat and fish and after that if you want to work that WORK ONLY AT RESTAURANTS A LA CARTE!!! HOtel cooks are shit, real cook can be found i a la carte kitchen

I'm a poorfag and buy frozen chicken in bulk. What's that black shit on cheap drumsticks that makes the every bit of meat it touches nasty as fuck?

Good advice. you also dont need "premium" seasoning, it can come from your spice shop or walmart and will do the same thing. Rice and pasta are great for cheap and filling along with potatoes and legumes. All four are dirt cheap, esp. if you can buy in some sort of bulk.

picture? I have never seen/heard of this.

I see. Hard to say when changing meat because lamb is quite tender compared to other red meats like beef and the same recipe may not suit.
Maybe try a topside beef joint? about 1.5kg should do. Just splash it with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for about 1 hour on about 200°C if you want it medium, or a bit longer if you prefer more well done.

How stressing would it be in a hotel kitchen and is it possible to get a job there with no cooking experience job wise?

john c-na du dudu duuuuu

I have a questions for you. WHERES THE LAMB SAUCE??????

Start at some shitty, high volume, fast paced chain restaurant. This isnt necessarily about learning to cook, its about getting used to the business, being able to work at speed, getting accustomed to the shitty hours etc. After 6 months or however long that takes you, you have two choices.

1. Stay working in chain restaurants. You probably wont be a really good chef, but you'll likely be better than most average people. Once you've done one chain restaurant, its easy to go it to another and pick it up really quickly. You can move up fairly easy. Within 5 years, you could be a head chef.

2. If you wanna be decent, and perhaps one day have your own place, then move to the fanciest restaurant you can, and be prepared to start right at the bottom. You'll take a lot more shit, the hours will be worse, everything will in general be more difficult. But long run, you'll learn a lot more. And if youve spent 6 months somewhere before learning how to work quickly and cleanly, you shouldnt get sacked for being an idiot.

In my opinion every kitchen has to have few core spices and other things come as you wish

Im croatian so my kitchen is well not that simpke always but good

Going. To technical school for 11th grade for culinary any tips?

Well stress depends if your chef or coleges are dickheads and amout ow screwups you makr but you canget in wit no much ecperience none at all but you would be dish washer but you could eventualy climb up and progress all depends on you but also if theres jelly dickhead chef

No pics I'm afriad.

Comes out the tip (where the foot/claw would be). Has a texture like really wet sand. Maybe blood?

texture like sand? sounds a bit like bile, especially if it makes food taste bad. or marrow?

One more thing hotel kitchen is less stressing than a la carte kitchen in some restaurant well that was case for me but still i love working in restaurants more but there are hotel-restaurants also and that is fucking sometimrs sooo hard to outlast but it all depends if you have good co workers and if you are organised but my advice to you as beginer is to aim for hotel

Yes, obey, pay atention and listen

In order to learn you have to try if you watch someone prepare something and you see it 100 times you think you know it you will be shit cook unless xou try to prepare that thing then you learn and remember and thats entire philosophy
Work dont watch and think you know it!

I know what it is but i dont know english word for that

So what about that?

your "work" literally becomes shit

Tasty shit*