Someone try to sell me on handball, not sure if this sport slurps semen or not

Someone try to sell me on handball, not sure if this sport slurps semen or not.

It's not that interesting to be honest. It's also not very exciting for 99% of the match. It often gets into the last minute or 30 seconds with the score tied and that's the only portion of the match that's worth watching.

It's the worst team sport ever invented

aka NBA, the movie

Watching France vs Denmark right now. Wonder how often the goalie gets hit in the face. Also doesn't seem like the goalie is a very valued position since it seems like a typically high scoring game, hardly ever see a block.

I used to play this in elementary school.

Watching a bunch of grown men running around and playing this shit is kind of cringey. Where do other countries even find men willing to train at this embarrassment?

It's pretty rare, and if someone does it on purpose the refs send him out

>hardly ever see a block
on a good day, 40% of shots are blocked

Dude, you pay people to play that embarrassment of the sport called baseball. Literally fat people waving a stick and jumping on the pillows.

cancer, you fucking leafs give me fucking cancer. Not interesting? I dont think there is sport more fluid and dynamic than handball, what the fuck are you talking about

yeah, goalie isnt very useful, except Omeyer (France) every single time versus Croatia. When our players see that guy they forget how to shoot, i fucking swear, and its been like that last 10 years, probably even more

What other countries is this popular in? I heard the commentator mention one of the French players as being "one of the best in the world", so I'm assuming France and by your post also Croatia.

I used to play it in high school. Won some medals too. It's ridiculously fun to play, not so much to watch, IMO

Like volleyball, only watch the women.

Baseball is a dying sport here, if you wanna trigger us you gotta shit on basketball or NFL.

Scandinavia, Some parts of Europe

>dying sport

it's actually on the way back up fampai, ending the steroid era really helped

Does Swedish Match sponsor any teams? That would be pretty dank to have a General snus logo on your jersey

Nordics, Germany, Poland, France, Spain, Serbia, Croatia and Qatar since they bought themselves a 'national' team made from like a half of the aforementioned countries

>baseball

Is boring AF, but hitting a 95 mph fastball is objectively way more difficult then watching these dudes run around and throw a ball at a net.

How do you faggots stomach this

>Qatar since they bought themselves a 'national' team made from like a half of the aforementioned countries
does that country have any redeeming qualities?

*cough cough*

Other than alongside KSA in propping up the Philippines economy via slave labor? No.

I know that sounded pretty tumblr sry

>hitting a 95 mph fastball is objectively way more difficult then watching these dudes run around and throw a ball at a net
>more difficult then watching
>watching

wew

just imagine their squad for the 2022 WC, f.am

also
Romania, Hungary, Slovenia and Russia are mediocre with some good players + rest of Eastern Europe plays it
In Asia there's S. Korea and Iran and in Africa Algiers, Egypt, Tunisia can give Europeans a hard time.
Brazil in S. America.

In the last 10 years most dominant were Spain, France, Croatia and Denmark.
France vs Croatia is the "el classico" nowadays, but the ending was mostly Omeyer buttfucking Croatians.

Just tried watching this, it really does look like a sport for little kids. Only skills are catching and throwing. Any average American could walk right on to the court and play this right away.

and they would probably leave after five minutes in tears

>average American

wrooom wrooom, here they come

Boring team sport is most boring team sport. It has a small and pretty dedicated following for some reason though. I work at a large Canadian university that hosted some handball tournament thing once and noticed an unusual amount of handball related personalized license plates on their cars. Weird. Only other group that does that shit in numbers is the anime convention crowd.

top kek

Your basketball players would fit in, though, since you can make 3 instead of 2 steps.

The sport is incredibly brutal, being on the 6m line is suffering.

handball confirmed autistic sport

that would be curling.

water polo

>being a no ice poorfag

> jumping on the pillows

Kek, you think the bases are soft like pillows? They're actually pretty hard (think really hard canvas).

Also, baseball is shit tier and everyone here under 50 hates it.

I've played it. Very fun game.

It was a sport we played in gym class all the time except the teachers all called it European Handball.

Shame it wasn't a bigger sport here because I was actually really good at it (at least compared to the rest of the class)

2 bee honest, I played handball a shitload in gym class during high school and though it was a fucking blast. Seems like a fun sport.

like other pointed, fun to play not so much to watch

To be fair most sports are boring to watch unless your country is good at it.

so like every other sport?

Relative to football and basketball among the younger generation it isn't as popular. Steroid era also brought in tons of viewers.

Pretty sure its not the same thing as here in elementary school la

what is icehockey?

undoubtedly the greatest sport ever invented but why did you bring it to this?

Its popular in a lot of countries in Europe, during last 11 years (thats how long i watch it), top tier teams were Sweden, Russia, Slovenia, Germany, Spain, Croatia, Denmark, France. Last half a decade last 3 are dominating, with ocasional random 4th team jumping in, like Qatar for example

Okay, reasons why Handball is shit.

1. It doesn't take skill. You throw a spherical ball at a gigantic target from 6 yards out. This is literally the easiest thing to do in any team sport next to running in a straight line. Hockey, soccer, basketball, and lacrosse all require more hand-eye coordination than handball. Even water polo only allows you to use one hand, and this is while you're doing MMA while treading water.

2. It doesn't take strength. There's minimal contact, and the ball weighs nothing. The only physical attribute it demands is endurance and agility, which is to say, the game is made for middle school gym class.

3. There's zero team play. The attackers just throw the ball around in a circle until someone decides to take a shot. I don't even know what the fuck the passing does, because they take like two seconds between passes, which gives the goalie more than enough time to set up.

4. There's no fucking shot clock. Anyone who knows the first thing about sports will tell you that a game where you can hold the ball and pass indefinitely requires a shot clock (see basketball, lacrosse, water polo). Even baseball and football have a strike count or downs to drive the action forward. In handball? The ref just tells you to hurry up when he feels like it.

5. The game looks stupid as fuck and is boring to watch.

They should get rid of handball and introduce polo. Or dodgeball, Or chess. Literally any other game is better than handball.

>what is defence

It's fun as fuck to watch, my only grip with it is that sometimes one of the teams gets too defensive, doesn't even try to steal the ball, only stay planted in their positions, then it starts to look like one of those sports where attack/defense alternate, like american football.

a foreign concept to handball going by this olympics

>1. It doesn't take skill

It does. It's not like ice hockey, that just requires to hit a small puck into a by comparison huge net with a stick. Chimps could be trained to do that.

>2. It doesn't take strength. There's minimal contact.

There certainly is more than in ice hockey, and they don't wear armour and gay shit.

>3. There's zero team play.

Just like in ice hockey. You roll the ball, slurp semen and hit the puck with the stick.

4. There's no fucking shot clock.

There should be desu. Reset the clock everytime the defenders make a fault.

>5. The game looks stupid as fuck and is boring to watch

That's ice hockey. Otherwise it would rank higher than handball in number of leagues and countries interested in that sport. But guess what, it doesn't, leaf.