Any radiofags know if this would work for broadcasting on the same frequency as fast food places? Baofeng uv-5r...

Any radiofags know if this would work for broadcasting on the same frequency as fast food places? Baofeng uv-5r. It works at UHF, but I don't know if any fast food drive thru's still use it.

Inspiration is to do something like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=KyOHgNK0v6E

Other urls found in this thread:

bearcat1.com/fastfood.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=cyLrus1yKvI
amazon.com/Baofeng-136-174-400-480-Dual-Band-Transceiver/dp/B009MAKWC0/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1460755959&sr=1-6&keywords=baofeng
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

going for a smoke dont let this shit die

negative, those frequencies you talk about are not capable with the Baofeng radios.

>Ham Operator

These might work.

Scan that shit.

What sort of radio would I be looking at to get those?

Here's a list (possibly outdated) of fast food places.

I'm pretty sure most baofengs go all the way up to 506Mhz.

Literally go to a gas station and pick up a CB radio for like 30 bucks and replace the crystal in it with the one from your toaster.

youtube.com/watch?v=cyLrus1yKvI

That was just a prank RBCP pulled on his listeners to make them break toasters and CB radios, I believe

yah, I cant find the video right now, but he basically said that the "how to" video was to screw with people

shhhhhh

a youtube commenter suggested this model:
amazon.com/Baofeng-136-174-400-480-Dual-Band-Transceiver/dp/B009MAKWC0/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1460755959&sr=1-6&keywords=baofeng

inb4 "I just took apart my mom's toaster and there was no crystal wtf guys"

for $30 it would be worth a try, and you might find a new hobby in radios anyway

What would be better between the UV5ra and the uv-5r? they're close enough to the same price that it wouldn't make a difference to me

No, but you can usually pick up big box store radios (walmart, lowe's, etc)

it could be fun to scramble their employees I bet. Why specifically wouldn't it work?

looking online they're identical in performance with slightly different exteriors

Fast food places use a digital band that isn't in the frequency range of typical radios.

Elaborate.

I read a bit about that - but some smaller chains or single stores still use the "old" style a lot

He could still jam them though.
Chink companies like Dorji and Nicerf will make modems that on any UHF frequency you want for a few hundred $.

I like fucking around with modems and shit and the things you can do with them are ridiculous.

I like to jam car remote keys and even fuck with police digital links.

I'm not looking to spend a couple hundred yet - I tend to get hyperfixated on hobbies like this and get bored after a week or so