Are there any music genres that you tend to avoid?

Are there any music genres that you tend to avoid?

Personally I can't really stomach metal, punk, or country.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6FbWyxdcXEk&index=8&list=PLMk9_b_I8kq73b1zjRAgy_laC3-sPZ94e
youtube.com/watch?v=f8HdqPej-Ps&list=PLMk9_b_I8kq73b1zjRAgy_laC3-sPZ94e&index=17
youtube.com/watch?v=VWR41_H-zy4
youtube.com/watch?v=h0i1Szq6GM8
youtube.com/watch?v=xjCb4CB-hdw&list=LLVOtZltSonqRS4gDSXnSoHw&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=WiOG0Ov12wY&t=629s
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Metal and punk are literally my two fav genres.

I can usually appreciate from almost any genre, except shit like pop-country and post-grunge that almost everyone agrees is irredeemably bad

Anything with "core" behind it, Metal, Country, Rap, Pop, EDM (the commercial kind), Indie. There are probably others which i can't remember.

I really don't get the appeal of metal.

Generic indie folk
Twee pop
Cutesy white girl ukulele bullshit
Harsh noise

Metal

Just curious as a huge metalfag, what metal albums have you listened too? Because most people who disregard metal haven't tried to hard to get into it in my personal experience.

edm mainly. Im fine with it in small amounts but I could never listen to it for a long time

Indie yodeling and folk punk. I can at least try to appreciate most other things

I don't write off genres until I at least listen to a bit of it. That said, post-grunge, pop-country/bro-country, folk-punk, and scene shit is all abhorrent and completely devoid of worth.

Death metal, thrash metal, hard rock (I associate the term with shit like AC/DC and similar bands so I kind of instinctually avoid it at times), R&B, and most forms of EDM, though I do like some house stuff.

I don't usually listen to "rock" music much as I feel that punk and metal cover most of what I am looking for in that style of music. The only things in that vein I do listen to is like Canterbury Scene stuff and live recordings of guys like Zappa, King Crimson, Can, etc. because the improv approach taken on all this stuff is closer to jazz than rock.

does this cover always remind anyone else of esthar city in final fantasy 8?

Deathcore and Slam Death, anything with lots of breakdowns and pig squeals really.

I can't stand blues.

most hip hop, most metal, most country.

This thread enrages me. I want to cause physical harm to you terrible, terrible people.

The only music I can't seem to get into is the whole club electronic umbrella: House music, dubstep, EDM, the whole shebang just doesn't do it for me. And it's not some "not real music" crap, either. I just don't enjoy it.

Most Latin music, especially from South America. Cumbia and Bachata are cancer.

Do you like any music?

I like pop music, forms of metal that aren't thrash or death, punk, singer songwriter folk stuff, the list goes on.

Yeah , I've got a problem. I don't understand techno, house, acid, rave

I am so sceptical about it that it doesn't exist occasionally

so you're either a faggot or a woman

Sorry I like different music than you.

it's ok

Someone should start making countrycore and trigger everyone. Also,

>cutesy white girl ukulele bullshit
kek

post hardcore / noisecore / slowcore / math core ??

twee pop is pretty distant in intent than modern shit indie folk, the smiths, orange juice, cleaners from venus e.t.c were great instrumentally even if you don't like the lyrics

Electronic and most RAP

Maybe this can change your mind on house, essentially deep house: youtube.com/watch?v=6FbWyxdcXEk&index=8&list=PLMk9_b_I8kq73b1zjRAgy_laC3-sPZ94e
youtube.com/watch?v=f8HdqPej-Ps&list=PLMk9_b_I8kq73b1zjRAgy_laC3-sPZ94e&index=17
youtube.com/watch?v=VWR41_H-zy4

And techno: youtube.com/watch?v=h0i1Szq6GM8
youtube.com/watch?v=xjCb4CB-hdw&list=LLVOtZltSonqRS4gDSXnSoHw&index=12

Lemme know if you like any senpai

This is way too broad, you sound like a pleb.

listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=WiOG0Ov12wY&t=629s
the whole thing
even if you dont get it at first

Bollywood shit. Particularly Mumbai masala radio show on pbs. If rd burman is included in Bollywood then I take it back.

even grindcore?

you are one boring mutherfucker

No. Clearly you're a faggot or a woman

this

Synthwave, I can't stand a single song in this shitty genre
Post-rock
Grunge
Cloud rap
Brostep

all metal with the exception of grindcore. ironically I find most of it just too abrasive

punk, metalcore, shugaz, prog metal
also these

Never listened to any of that shit so i couldn't say

Im pretty big about jazz. I like to think of metal as Jazz's sibling. Both rely on the same sounds within their genres but still have tons of variety from silly to depressing.They rely on improvisations and professional creative explorations of your instrument. They both take time to perfect and require precision for performance or else someone starts barking at you (Miles Davis, Frank Zappa). You can either put emotion into it or you can be a technical snob and write for the sake of just the music. Both have complex chord progressions and melodic usage. I think however metal lacks the "class" jazz has connoted with it in pop culture. Not a bad thing but to the inexperienced listener it can sound like meme music. Also jazz and metal musicians are known for being edgy. I could easily be wrong though and just forming facts around my opinions

>WHY DID I GET CRITICISM ON A BOARD FILLED WITH MUSICAL SPERGS

Rap/Hip-Hop
Electronic
Indie Folk
(x)-core
Power Metal
Noise
Drone
Modern Pop
Post Grunge
Indie Rock (besides The Smiths)
Experimental Rock