So, I like this album a lot, but I wasn't too into other King Crimson albums

So, I like this album a lot, but I wasn't too into other King Crimson albums.

Can anyone recommend other proggy bands that sound dark, triumphant, and sad like this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uiP239pFac0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Van Der Graaf Generator

Hey, thank you

I really love the prog bands that have an old-fashioned sound.

Not exactly what you want but have a look

have you listened to Porcupine Tree? not sure what to rec. as a starting point, but they are very brooding and epic

Yes
No

you should give red another go, I didn't like it at first and now I think it's better than ITCOTCK

Is that ozzy

Steven Wilson solo albums

Magma - de futura

Did you listen to king crimson discipline? Album is earsex

>Can anyone recommend other proggy bands that sound dark, triumphant, and sad like this album?

It's called "symphonic prog" and it's the last refuge of the sad dork, the D&D minmaxer and the otherkin.

Described me in a nutshell. Except instead of dnd it's dota 2

So I described you to a tee, except I gave you too much credit?

No. That's not what I am talking about.

My favorite track on In the Court of the Crimson King is Epitaph, especially the part that goes:

>IS IN THE HANDS OF FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLS
>BIG ASS WAVE OF SOUND

I guess I'm looking for more stuff like that

I'd suggest a hard reset on your taste in music, honestly

If DND is more credit than dota 2 sure.

I'd you to kys, honestly

Sure is. It's more credit than any vidya

>I'd you to kys, honestly
That was almost a sentence

I should. I don't think I made it all the way through.

listen to starless
the money i'd pay to hear that song for the first time again

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus
youtu.be/uiP239pFac0
Have fun mate

You need Robert Wyatt's Rock Bottom in your life. I am gonna guess you enjoyed Epitaph on ITCOTKC a lot because of how emotional and personal yet grandiose it sounds. Some kinda combo of sad boy dark folk and huge ambitious prog. Well, Rock Bottom is exactly that, possibly more so than anything on ITCOTKC.

The only thing that may strike you as wtf is Wyatt's voice because like folky singer songwriter people he's singing in his own unique sounding voice for the delivery to be that much more genuine. But once you're past that, you get a highly melodic yet uniquely emotional voice that you grow to love.

Holy shit. I'm just reading about him now. He was the drummer for Soft Machine, and then, while making the album, he fell 3 stories and became paralyzed from the waist down.

Damn

tarkus is my favorite ELP album easily. Even the radio-friendly songs stand out within the context of the epicness of the album. the honky tonk piano just fits