Any Oregonians here...

Any Oregonians here? I'm only 18 but I want to move out of this fucked up state called New Jersey to someplace a bit quieter. Can't deal with this crowded population bullshit every day. Portland really catches my eye. Anyone know what it's like or can recommend me a place in the state to move to at some point?

I guess it doesn't have to be Oregon, but something about the state seems relaxing. Just really want to finish college so I can get the fuck out of here.

Portland is a shithole. Stay away from it at all costs.

Illinois is better. There's a place called DeKalb where it's just cornfields and naïve college girls.

Just don't get incinerated and then disposed of in the woods, that happens a lot there.

I live in the portland area. It's getting fucking expensive to live here. Rent for a 1 bed apt. has just about doubled in the last 6 years. Also, the "uniqueness"/ "weirdness" wears off quickly.

I recomend any place in S.E Alaska for neverending peace

just move to south florida, it's fucked up here but at least you have an excuse to bitch, it's florida

Better than Portland, come to SW Washington state. Its as expensive as Portland, but no where near as many niggers, hipsters, and tacos. My buddy moved from NJ to CO to WA and said hes never leaving, plus rec weed bruh.

This state is the best state in the USA

I see. Any other places in Oregon that you would recommend then? I love the terrain of the northwest, so.

also, we have lots of stupid law here, you can't pump your own gas, and grocery stores can't sell liquor

Know what you're going to school for/doing for a living?
Skip past Portland for somewhere south of Seattle. Beautiful, cheap, (somewhat) sophisticated, overall lovely and I miss it everyday.

I have also heard Illinois is lovely, and the upper Midwest makes more sense with where you're moving from.
Portland tried to emulate San Fran and did it too well.

Also I'm not convinced Jersey is as bad as you think it is, just hold down a steady job that keeps you out of the slums and don't talk to strangers in tracksuits.

If youre heading for OR, go for east Troutdale/ Gresham. Mt.Hood is less than an hour away, and Portland 15 mins the other direction. Niggers dont like the woods much, I'd stay in Sandy if I could

Don't get me wrong I love Oregon, but I grew up here, and I think I would love any state in the pacific nw, like washington and idaho. as for your question, what are you looking for?

Portland is getting really crowded here too. I lived here for 13 years and it was really good at the beginning but now it's not. Your also going to have trouble finding a house with a 3% availability rate plus if you don't like homeless people there everywhere around here, all over downtown Portland. Good thing is about this state there is no tax, and our water is the best in America from our frequently rain supply and this all about community too. People here drive like shit though and the traffic is awful.

In Oregon, you have the Portland metro area, than about 45 minutes south you have Salem/Albany/Corvallis and about another 45 south of that you have Eugene, Only other decent sized cites would be Medford which is southern Oregon, and actually not that big. and you got one decent sized city east of I-5 which is Bend, other than that it's all rural cities/towns subt 30k pop

this guy speaks the truth.

Well, NJ's exactly the same. Can't pump your own gas, and I believe there's some shit about alcohol distribution licensing which is why you can only get liquor at liquor stores. I can handle shitty laws as long as I'm not around Jersey italians all day. I swear every other person here is italian

No it's shit here. Stay away and take a few Californians with you.

I thought i heard that NJ was the only other state that had the gas pump law, aka, jobs program

but anyways, what are you looking for in oregon, i well point you somewhere.

Really?

are you going to go to school, just get a job, are you looking for a city or the woods?

Yeah, maybe I just live too close to NYC. I'm only about 20 or 25 miles away, so everyone on the road is driving back and forth from the city. Traffic is awful on any main road from 4-6 o'clock. No clue about the mornings.

It's just awful how every town is nudged up against the other, makes the entire state feel like a sprawling city.

I'm really just trying to finish school here first, so I don't burden myself too much with moving. I'm already taking a year off between high school and college so I can join the Army NG. Of course, I need to take into consideration as well considering where the NG units are located, meaning I probably can't pick an area that is too rural. All I really want in life is a simple life and a nice quiet office job, what more can I say lol

The Portland area's not bad. It's just getting expensive and crowed. We're supposed to get something like a 50% increase in pop over the next handful of years. Cali's moving up because of the drought and the cost of Cali. among others. I am actually looking at moving to Eugene. It's the next biggest area in Oregon and it's closer to family for me.

This is actually relevant to my interests. Looking to possibly move there on completion of my degree in electrical engineering. Want to go into renewable energy generation as I understand it Oregon has something like 80% renewable power? Also all dem mountains and crazy coastlines. I would be on a good salary if I moved there and likely to be a hermit with some land and motorbikes and 100 dogs? any advices ?

You should look into southern Washington as well, according to some people I know who've been there it sounds like you might like the terrain for your interests. I'm sure North Oregon is similar as well.

I won't lie, I just fucking love tall trees.

That's a horrible secured campfire mate :^)

Yeah I feel you. I lived in north jersey for 28 years. Just moved out of that shithole 9 months ago. Best thing I could have ever done. Amazing how much people are different than what you're used to in jersey.

haha, ma mannnnnnn. Well the alternative was gonna be BC, but it needs to be a chill state where I can smoke weed without it jepordizing my career.

I am a woodland baby too bro, I grew up in the wilderness and this city living is distressing and puts me in a place where I want to die daily or drink to mask my empathy for the futility around me.

Im not religious or even agnostic but being surrounded by the natural phenomena of the world is the closest thing to god I can think of.