For the love of... What's the point is doing a bid to get the Olympics, if you can't afford it's sister competition?

For the love of... What's the point is doing a bid to get the Olympics, if you can't afford it's sister competition?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/how-brazil-the-darling-of-the-developing-world-came-undone/2016/04/14/40ee9356-fab4-11e5-813a-90ab563f0dde_story.html
sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/804894/how-athletes-fund-their-olympic-experience
fortune.com/2016/08/04/olympians-funding-rio-expenses/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And still better than London 2012.

color me surprised

JUST medals when?

damn, this is bad
feeling bad for the tards

Wait, the athletes don't have to pay for their own travel costs?

The government will just bail Rio out again.

Everyone thought Brazil was going to be the next major economic power.

washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/how-brazil-the-darling-of-the-developing-world-came-undone/2016/04/14/40ee9356-fab4-11e5-813a-90ab563f0dde_story.html

Hello darkness my old friend...

This. It actually infuriates me how much the union needs to babysit and give more money to Rio. Fucking useless cariocas, worst state.

>BRIC was a meme

pretty funny while it lasted

>Brazil in one pic

Just have it in bongland again.

Highest amount of spastics in the world, per capita.

>The problem is made worse by Rio reportedly having already raided their own Paralympic funds to keep these troubled Olympics up and running.

>huemonkeys fuck up their shitshow olympics in yet another way

is anyone really surprised?

OBSESSED

> sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/804894/how-athletes-fund-their-olympic-experience

>fortune.com/2016/08/04/olympians-funding-rio-expenses/

The courts want too look at the books. IOC doesn't want to show them.

>JUST

>M-maybe they'll help us soon.....

Keep telling yourself that, tranny. Least in London, they could drink the water.

You need to chill out, friend.
No one could predict Brazil would fall apart when the bid was made, these things can happen. Outside the Olympics, Rio contributes more to the union than it receives back, being the second richest state.
If you want to rage against some state for being babysitted by the federal government, you may want to look north.

There was literally nothing wrong with London 2012 despite most of us thinking it would be an epic fail.

The federal government is going to pay for it. Just wait.

>there is only one source of water in all of Brazil

Nice meme, friendo.

We(You) are going to pay. With more taxes.

>Rio contributes more to the union than it receives back, being the second richest state.
>If you want to rage against some state for being babysitted by the federal government, you may want to look north.

That's bullshit. A huge part of that money comes from government headquarters in Rio (Banco do Brasil etc.). Just like Brasília.

Brazil, buddy, you can only play the "obsessed" card when actually achieve something and don't constantly fuck up on a regular basis.

I'm not too worried about some isolated events like algae and a car accident.
Read up on the Atlanta 1996 games, THAT was a real fuck up.

>A huge part of that money comes from government headquarters in Rio (Banco do Brasil etc.)
Can you list this "etc"? BB headquarters is in Brasilia, btw.

I know it's the Daily Fail but seriously, what would legit happen if the spazzy olympics got called off?

Or you know, hospitals not being able to provide necessary medical treatment. Or athletes getting robbed at gunpoint. Or cameras falling on bystanders. Or the marathons having to be secured by military because of protesters trying to tackle the runners.

>hospitals not being able to provide necessary medical treatment
tfw now nazis know what hues have to deal with when it comes to public health

anyways, why did the IOC not require a neurosurgery dept in the hospital?

Or bullets getting shot into the commentary booth and ""'''people'''"" literally stealing the golf balls off the course.

>tfw went to rio for week to attend the olympics
>tfw arriving back home in the south

it felt like the time i arrived in copenhagen

>hospitals not being able to provide necessary medical treatment
Yes, that was oversight and not excusable, IOC should have required it tho.

>Or athletes getting robbed at gunpoint.
Shit happens, at least they aren't getting kidnapped.

>Or cameras falling on bystanders.
2 minor bruises and a bleeding nose from an IOC (not Brazil's) camera.

>Or the marathons having to be secured by military because of protesters trying to tackle the runners.
I don't understand, are you implying security is bad?
Pic related, this is what happens when security is lax.

Is this your first Olympics? The shit that happened is very tame compared to what happened in the past.

The idiots picking up (not stealing on purpose) the golf balls weren't brazilian kek, one of them was even wearing a mexican flag.

truly this is art

All things that went wrong were very minor issues or had nothing to do with the olympics, but since foreigners hate Brazil everything will be blown out of proportion.

>>Or athletes getting robbed at gunpoint.
>Shit happens, at least they aren't getting kidnapped.

Top Lek

Foreigners =/= propagandist media and Sup Forums autists who listen to it

I've been to Rio and gringos have been loving it.

>Shit happens, at least they aren't getting kidnapped.

Imagine this place, if this had happened.

I remember reading a text in English class in high school about a South African girl who said: "Our neighbourhood is very safe, we've only been broken into three times last year."

I still don't know why the Paralympics are run during the Olympics

It literally means Parallel Olympics

*aren't

canada...

It's a reference to the Olympics in your unstable shithole of a country where terrorists kidnapped and killed 12 people.
Imagine the fucking terror of a summer Olympics in current France for example.

>unstable shithole
>leader literally suspended right now and 90% of his parliament involved in corruption plot

Can't make this shit up.

>Imagine the fucking terror of a summer Olympics in current France for example
Literally just held a major football tournament with no problems.

Hey me too.

You could learn something about impeaching incompetent leaders.

Nationalism is dumb

Olympics should only be hosted in first world nations.

World Cups and Olympic games aren't made with hospitals and safety measurements, you know.

and you can quote him on that.

Only when youre from a third world shithole with no history

>tfw remembering the shitstorm in 2012 because a cyclist got run over in London(completely unrelated to the olympics) and the Britbottles incident

Spee is going easy on you, Brazil

Dumb cunt