SATANIZE

CRUCIFY

FEEL THE WRATH OF SUICIDE

youtube.com/watch?v=6pDWyOGdPLY

shit thread so far

>no edition
>early thread

its shit

Any metal riffs that don't use fucking power chords?

dissoshit

Metal is finally getting good now that people who support human rights and issues like racial equality have entered the scene

same as all the others

>any metal riffs that eschew 90% of metal?

gets my vote for AOTY

A WORN-OUT SOLDIER
TOUCHED BY THEIR CONTAGION

epic album

I like how all it takes to get metal to turn on a band is a couple spammers just posting an image of the cover

Good background noise

>implying

the funniest part is that its always systematically planned out in irc

woops who said that

The weebslam album somsone jokingly recommended last thread is actually very good aside from the vocals, I'll be bumping it at the gym tonight.
Props

>Human rights
Check your privilege cis human scum, cattle lives matter.

Kim Kelly please leave the hall

kek

If you don't listen to Albert King, B.B. King, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, Howlin' Wolf, Little Richard, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson and Willie Dixon, you aren't trve

what's the next album that we're not going to be allowed to like?

Never ever read Youtube comments on Metallica vids unless you want your brain to implode from the stupidity.

put your trip back on witchfinder

youll find out soon

Listening to Metallica alone will mush one's brain due to its dull mediocrity

hopefully something which actually sucks this time like cattle decap, that way i can join in

t. """"""""enlightened""""""""""""""""""metal patron""""""""""

i have finally realization of the metal !
did you have the album that one is very popular but then next is very hate ?
it happening every time on metal
it happening every time so easy on metal you can predict every time
it happening every time . . . because metal is not good !
finally there is peace

that already happened newfag, you can't post cattle decap without getting inundated with shitposts

Is this some new wave of avant-garde Romanian shitposting?

Excellent pasta

Why are you watching Metallica vids to begin with, faggot?

>metal album
>cover is pink

I want all of the blue-haired, tumblr-browsing, fatass blacked.com loving cucks who care about minorities and women to get the FUCK out of metal

shit album

>be a metal head
>spend most your time listening to 80s soft rock

WE'RE SO FUUUUUUUUUUUCKED

Great album

>he doesn't like the colour pink
Nice try but you can't hide the fact that you suck dick behind an internet tough guy facade

Master of Puppets [Elektra, 1986]

I feel a distinct generation gap between myself and this music, not because my weary bones can't take its power and speed, but because I was born too soon to have had my dendrites rewired by progressive radio. The momentum of this band can be impressive, and as with most fast metal (as well as some sludge metal), they seem to have acceptable political motivations--antiwar, anticonformity, even anticoke. Fine. Problem is, the revolutionary heroes I envision aren't male chauvinists too naive to know better, they're not Arnold Schwarzenegger as Conan the Barbarian, all flowing hair and huge pecs. That's the image Metallica calls up, and I feel no more entitled to summon their strength of my own free will than I am the 1812 Overture's. B-

...And Justice For All [Elektra, 1988]

Problem isn't that it's more self-aware than Puppets, which is inevitable when your stock-in-trade is compositions rather than songs. Problem is that it's also longer than Puppets, which is inevitable when your stock-in-trade is compositions rather than songs. Just ask Yes. C+

Metallica [Elektra, 1991] *bomb*

Load [Elektra, 1996]

The good thing about being old is that I'm neither wired to like metal nor tempted to fake it. Just as I suspected, these Johnny-come-latelies-meet-the-new-boss-same-as-the-old-boss-es can no more do grunge than they can double-ledger bookkeeping. Grunge simply isn't their meter. So regardless of what riff neatniks think, this is just a metal album with the songs shortened and the tempos slowed, which is good because it concentrates their chops, and bad because it also means more singing, which they can't. C+

>be a metalhead
>spend most of your time listening to shitty pop
idgaf

>cringegau

why do people think that spamming cuckgau's """"""reviews""""" in EVERY FUCKING THREAD is funny?
is it autism?

Give me some evil and doomy sludge/post

He's absolutely right

>you can't post cattle decap without getting inundated with shitposts
yeah sorry i wouldnt know because i dont listen to gay shit like cattle decap

Probably because it gets a rise out of mealfags.

I can't rec you any post-metal that isn't buttmetal though

I doubt anyone takes the senile old fart seriously, it's just casual shitposting from all angles

I'll pound your ass faggot

I agree. Load is objectively shit.

his texts are the closest /metal/ gets to actually talking about music
this is a failing of /metal/

>metal album
>cover is pink

A feminist approach to extreme metal would start with the organisation of bands and shows. It’s important to have more groups with female members in central roles – there are already plenty of bands entirely made up of dudes. And not only women, but people of colour and LGBT people as well; all of these groups are massively under-represented because they fall outside the genre’s white, male, straight, cissexual norm. Intersectional feminism ought to mean centralising not only female voices, but also those of women (and men) of colour, as well as trans people and/or gender-non-conformists. In addition, there needs to be an effort to make shows more welcoming to these groups. I’ve heard too many stories from female friends about sensing an unwelcoming atmosphere, or even outright hostility, at metal and punk shows. When race enters the mix, this feeling only increases. Laina Dawes highlights this in What Are You Doing Here?: A Black Woman’s Life and Liberation in Heavy Metal: “sexual and racial stereotyping and threats of physical harm can limit the participation of black women fans. (…) Some of the women I talked to… were fearful of being at the receiving end of racial slurs or getting physically attacked”4. It’s on us white, male, straight metal fans to make sure shows are inclusive and welcoming to people who might not fit the stereotypical image of a metalhead.

youtube.com/watch?v=autEkrH6pPs

For example, I don't see much music discussion there.

As well as demographics, the themes and content of metal could be adjusted to accompany feminist consciousness. In the Post-Zeitgeist blog piece “Extremity in Metal”, the author offers a potential model for reconfiguring the “extreme” aspect of metal: “To me, true shock, true extremity should deeply unseat more than an individual’s taste or stomach. In fact, I would argue that it is not necessary for extremity or shock to be negative”5. Simply by presenting alternatives to established discourses, intersectionalist feminism welded to metal extremity could potentially shock listeners into questioning the patriarchal organisation of the genre. Wouldn’t metal with explicitly feminist lyrics and presentation- that reflected reality by including the perspectives of women, LGBT persons and people of colour- rekindle a sense of the danger metal once possessed?

>feminism

The majority of the cover is black though. Unlike the cover of deafheaven's indierock album.

>Wouldn’t metal with explicitly feminist lyrics and presentation- that reflected reality by including the perspectives of women, LGBT persons and people of colour- rekindle a sense of the danger metal once possessed?
Feminism isn't edgy

I'm not really a metal fan, but I listend to this yesterday and thought it was pretty good.

Any recs for similar?

thats a meme album idiot

Meme album

Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray

what's some more nu-male/hipster/pleb metal in the same vein?

you sounded so cool then

Elaborate

is this thinkpiece from metalsucks or noisey?

cult of fire

Define a meme album for me.

have you tried Neurosis

this, can't believe that ep got hyped here maybe 25% of it was black metal

Say no more senpai

Potop - Channels
Vocalist sounds like he's posessed by demons
Not him but this is great, strong drum sound

yeah it's atmoshit for people who refuse to admit they like atmoshit, just like later mgła

they're actually good though, i've yet to see a nu-male in real life that likes them

Gamma Ray - Heading for Tomorrow

>I feel no more entitled to summon their strength of my own free will than I am the 1812 Overture's

Metallica a suck and all that, but how the fuck is this guy a respected writer? What even is that? I don't feel, of my own free will, entitled to summon their strength? Of my own free will? Entitled? This is a textbook case of a stupid person condescending to slightly stupider people.

>retards on Sup Forums

I feel like I should be less surprised.

meme is something gets passed around so much that it looses its quality, I guess it sort of applies here.

You can't really take cuckgau's opinion on anything seriously, he feels threatened and sexually frustrated by anything slightly masculine because it reminds him of being unpopular with girls and getting bullied in high school

> I was never an Elvis Presley fan when I was a kid. In fact, I couldn't stand him. As it happened, I heard "Don't Be Cruel" three or four times before I learned Elvis was singing it, and once I had admitted to myself that I was hooked on that song, it was no real sacrifice to extend my reluctant enthusiasm to "All Shook Up." But I never understood the excitement over "Heartbreak Hotel"--I considered the Stan Freberg parody exceedingly witty--and refused to even listen to "Hound Dog" or "Love Me Tender." Can it be that I was the only American under age sixteen who wasn't shaken by that seismic pelvic power? Bob Dylan lived for Elvis, and I thought he was just another greaseball.

>Of course, he really was a greaseball, which was why I didn't like him--he reminded me of every rock who ever threatened to beat me up. All of his musical contemporaries were faintly comic, and most of them were black. They had no real connection to me. I loved Jerry Lee Lewis's records, but I wasn't really shocked, much less inspired, when he married a cousin who was younger than I was--that was the kind of thing crazy people from Louisiana did--and I laughed and laughed the first time I saw Fats Domino on television, because he was wearing what looked like high-top basketball sneakers, dazzling white, with white crepe soles an inch thick. Elvis was different. Like a lot of straight and scared-shitless adolescent males, I must have been jealous of his effect on girls, and perhaps I gained some cachet in my own mind by dissenting from such blanket popularity. But it was simpler than that. He was real, almost like guys I knew, and he frightened me a little.

but the quality doesn't change though does it, so it's pointless calling something a meme album.

I feel like this would be considered cuck music but I like it. Screamo vocals are an interesting change of pace in metal, and while I don't usually like melodic guitar work it's very nice here, very melancholy sound. Gives a sense of movement to the songs since they're pretty similar otherwise and it would be easy for it to end up sounding monotonous

"nu-males" are a meme

the cover and band name tell me that this is nu-male atmoshit

>

It's funny how they never deny it

not to mention our feathered martyrs

>Fats Domino will never steal your poodle skirt wearing girlfriend at the malt shop and pour an egg cream on your head and laugh at you
Why even live

>yeah guys cmon nu-males are just a Sup Forums meme right? this is just what what all men look like nowadays

>I feel like this would be considered cuck music
>I like it
Makes sense

Good album fr though. For some reason I thought they were Japanese until recently. Maybe it's the vocals, they remind me of Envy and those bands

designer hipster sweater... $250

youtube.com/watch?v=g95KabBPNRk
What type of metalkino is this

Christgau doesn't like melodramatic or fantastical music. He's basically saying he can't empathize with Metallica just like he can't with classical music; he often says that he dislikes metal and classical for similar reasons

I have no idea what your criticism is, because all you did is repeat the phrases he used with incredulous question marks

Is he Jewish?
just asking because this comes off as incredibly neurotic

go away cuckgau dickrider

newfags think that Sup Forums is a wonderland of spamming epic memeys, so they come here to take part in the grand performance. Maybe positive reinforcement from other newfags gets them stuck in this mindset and they become permanent cancer?