Is she really brown-ish in the books or is it JK trying to stay in the limelight?

Is she really brown-ish in the books or is it JK trying to stay in the limelight?

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.ca/books?id=zrolAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA447&lpg=PA447&dq="black with rage"&source=bl&ots=fsxY_RiHmB&sig=1jzXG2KrfzCANeMR6Go3B9OPtuI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj18cHeuozNAhXJxYMKHavXAr0Q6AEISTAM#v=onepage&q="black with rage"&f=false
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

She is black. Her race is never referred to in the books. This is because Rowling was pressured to make her white in the official artwork by her publisher, but could keep it ambiguous in the books so as not to lose sales. People are still very bigoted. They don't even want to read about PoC

Theres a line in the book that says she is white also shes in fucking Britain in the 1990's of course shes white.

She's a coal-black negro from the deepest Congo, shitlord

Yeah, fucking HERMIONE was a black girl. Every single black person in that book had such a stereotypical black person name. Fucking Kingsley... Blaise... That's actually about it cause there were no fucking black people in the books. Not very progressive imo

And what? Drown myself in shitpost because they will refuse to talk about Harry Potter for it is not really "literature"?

No, thanks. Besides, I've seen better discussions here.

Except she's white on the book covers lmao

White with fear

Stop the erasure please

>Blacks being white with fear
u wot m8

This

It's a well known fact that black people turn white with fear.

>is it JK trying to stay in the limelight?
The bitch retconned Dumbledore into being gay as an afterthought and you are trying to question this

Never met a black person that wasn't multiracial with brown bushy hair, Rowling didn't write Hermoine as blac but is retconning her now.

JK is just trying to stir shit up and still remain relevant today.
The covers of books 3 and 7 clearly show her as white.
There's even a line in one of the books that states that her face becomes pink.

JK rowling is an unreliable narrator

harry died in the triwizard tournament pattinson was his tyler durden

ron died in azkaban after hermione snitched on him to save her family

bellatrix lestrange took her as an apprentice

dumbledore was a flesh horcrux of voldemort

snape was played by both sides

ron's father gave potter's family away

she's an awful writer and only has any relevance because of 12 year old tumblr users who jerk her off

Sorry I'm late

Jk rowling is a labour pc woman, ofcourse she will say hermione could be black for dem pc points

Well you are wrong this time. The old and wise helpful figure in fiction usually isn't gay either. Rowling knows how to subvert expectations, it's basic storytelling skill. This is why she is the first billionaire author

Her publisher (Bloomsbury) is notoriously racist. And if they weren't, she'd still be white on the cover. PoC characters are made white on the cover so that people will buy the books. Especially if it is being sold outside the West. Look it up. This happens even to authors who are well-established, which Rowling hardly was at the time

Who cares, Sup Forums? it was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises, Dylan. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Dumbledore is gay. It's never mentioned, because it's not relevant to the story, but he sucks huge big fat black (just like Hermione) cocks

It's an expression. Like a white person's face being "black with rage."

Only black characters were the ones that ginny dated

it's literally a book for kids/teens don't even see the point of comparing it to actual literature

There is plenty here where I live, familia.

Never heard of that expression, its red with rage

Based Fredposter

>because it's not relevant to the story

the fact that dumbledore was in a gay relationship with the second most evil wizard in the world and that they both were planning to enslave all the muggles isnt a important part to you?

She knew when the movies were made that he was gay. The screenwriter was going to give him a girlfriend and she said no.

>It's an expression. Like a white person's face being "black with rage."
Kek. Well memed, lad.

they are all black. white people can't do magic

Who cares?

The way the product was sold to the public was with white characters, and changing that is racist as well. :^)

No it's not "just an expression" you fucking racist, black people turn white with fear, this is an indisputable fact, fucking racist much?

Black/dark with rage is also used. Google it in quotes

1) see
2) Every time someone wasn't white it was explicitly mentioned. To not do so with a main character, who otherwise got a quite explicit description, is a wee bit odd.

I'm so sorry

google says there is no such expression

My dad never turned white with fear.

And when I was little I terrified the shit outta of that nigga.

Didn't she have a romance with the bulgarian chad? Why would he date her if she was black?

>Her race is never reffered to in the books
It literally states that her skin was pale white, fuck off

DUDE PROGRESS AND TOLERENCE LMAO

1) It's an expression

2) That is "white as default" another common trope she is subverting here, yet playing straight in other places

You must search again. Here is one example

books.google.ca/books?id=zrolAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA447&lpg=PA447&dq="black with rage"&source=bl&ots=fsxY_RiHmB&sig=1jzXG2KrfzCANeMR6Go3B9OPtuI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj18cHeuozNAhXJxYMKHavXAr0Q6AEISTAM#v=onepage&q="black with rage"&f=false

When?

To play the doubles advocate, Krum was explicitly a borderline 'sperger off the pitch

>Ayn Rand
>writer of masturbatory ideological novels
>anywhere outside of shit tier

List is OK otherwise, I'd move L'Optimisme up though.

Hermione is Rowling's self-insert, of course she is meant to be white

>Every single black person in that book had such a stereotypical black person name. Fucking Kingsley... Blaise...
What about Dean?

>surname Granger
>parents are dentists
shes white

>It's an expression
Also a description

>That is "white as default" another common trope she is subverting here, yet playing straight in other places
So what you're saying is that when a writer wants to aid your imagination of the character for the sake of better immersion, you deliberately mislead them and never once allude to their race while simultaneously adding implications of a different one?
I suggest you look up Tolkien's works on the primary and secondary worlds, because one of the very worst things a writer can do is undermine the readers confidence in the author's ability to keep basic facts about the world straight.
To suggest a writer do so in a non narrative sense (such as a red herring, or keeping facts from the reader by way of the PoV of a character who wouldn't spot them) is ludicrous.

10/10 effort if this is bait, by the way, because I can genuinely believe a Tumblrite would be this ignorant

adopted
white people love adopting black babies, especially in england

If one of your main characters is a non-white in a mostly white setting then you make this fucking clear from the beginning. Hermione was either always meant to be white or Rowling is a coward

>Here is one example
Do you have something from this century?

This

Angelina and Lee Jordan and the rest of the niggers where all described as black

Hermione never was (the other way around, really) so she's sure as hell meant to be White

I'm more annoyed at her daughter in the play. If you want to make Hermione black then fine, but if a black fucks a ginger then their daughter will look clearly mixed, not the dark as coal little girl they cast.

Use some common sense.

She's a brit, of course she's brown

>wahhh my pleb hogwash is being ruined;(((
plays are not Sup Forums related

Also, they cast one of the ugliest black women available. Couldn't they find someone better looking?

Beauty is subjective, I am sticking to demonstrable facts.

i'm confused, how does that make any sense?

>Beauty is subjective.
Not really. That actress is hideous.

>blackhat
>pompeii
the fuck is that shit

Fuck off, retard.

>Beauty is subjective
lol? no it isn't

books are propaganda pieces designed to root out the remaining resistance to voldemort.

vulgar auteurism you dumb stinky pedo

report and move on, user.
The fact that he's using a literal faggotnigger memester instead of Quentin shows that he doesn't even get the fact that it's supposed to be ironic.

You f*ck off to /lit/ or /ic/ you f*cking fetus

What exactly are the brits ashamed of? I can understand Germans being reluctant to be proud of their national identity but the British have been largely benevolent through out history.

Maybe when Brexit passes we'll see a return to glory.

is this canon or what?

it's tumbler not the rword

H-how did you know my name?

It's because they're still bizarrely trying to appease people who don't actually have any market impact.

Once they realise that the emperor has no clothes, despite how vocal he is, they'll be dropped in the blink of an eye.
It may look dark now (no pun intended), but that's because businesses are trying to exploit a niche that doesn't actually exist. Once they realise where the money is, they'll stop forcing people to accept it

Mudblood is literally a racist slur for the People of Color.
I can't even...

But even the government is pushing it. The BBC now legally requires that 1 in 5 people cast in their shows be a minority, trans, or disabled. When your government mandates it you're pretty proper fucked.

Are you so incapable of formulating your own arguments, and expressing your own ideas that you just parrot and copy paste the criticism of others.

It's for a play that none of the plebeians of /t/v/ will even see as its actually art

That's mostly an internal matter caused by Danny Cohen, the then faggot not quite in chief, who used the instability of the Director General's position to force his own personal beliefs on the company.
All this shit happened on his watch, and he's the reason why "problematic" shows got canned

Thankfully the fucker's gone now, but his malignant stain on the company will take some time to excise.

they are ashamed of their success and imperialism

meh.brists only make a good show once every few years, so not much will be lost anyway. remember that casting of a black queen, turned out the whole show was in old English/unwatchable

Doesn't say that at all "Her pale face stuck out from behind a tree" and it was in a non fear situation pleb

I feel bad for Rowling. The liberals made a "progressive" casting decision and so forced her hand. She can't speak out against it because if she does she'll be a racist.

They are shitting on her life's work and making her smile while they do it.

The real problem is that the BBC is designed to not give a shit about figures.
In theory, this is supposed to mean that they focus entirely on quality and ignore lowest common denominator traps that other networks fall into, and indeed this has worked in the past and still works for the likes of anything Attenborough related.

The self evident problem is that this also allows any shameless creative executive to push an agenda without consequence.
Any other network would be forced by the free market to either
A) Stop being so preachy
or
B) Earn the right to preach by actually getting an audience first.

You think Family Guy is bad in the preachy department? At least it brings something to the table for some audiences
If that was on the BBC, it wouldn't even have that.

JK Rowling is a trash writer.

Honestly, she's probably on board with it, or at least not against it.

She's never really given any indication that she's particularly protective of the series, outside of barring anything she doesn't like personally from being too involved with it and creating a site dedicated to covering up loose threads.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we get a remake, be it tv or film, of the series a few years down the line.

Hopefully we'll be in society that doesn't value virtue signalling when that happens.

What a cohencidence.

Who /Slytherin/ here?

> Her race is never referred to in the books

>All these newfags falling for /lit/ bait
I commend you user for baiting these autists

Like the other 3 houses if asked just the 15 year old tumblr teens

the autism it takes to make one of these
the subsection of autism it takes to save it and wait until you can post it
why the fuck do you care bro

>Brightest witch of her age
>"guys shes black"
I know it's fantasy and all, but come on...

this looks like a fucking shit graph

Do you have a proper one? I don't want an ironic one, I want one with actual good books.

That would probably take about 5 minutes to whip up. No effort is really required.

What sort of autism does it take to complain about a question being comprehensively answered?
What sort of utter incompetence does it take to think a basic MSpaintjob takes more than a few minutes to make?

Does that mean that citizen Khan will finally be cancelled?

>implying he wasn't always bumming grindlewald

>being autistic enough to get mad about a children's book
Also, it does not matter if Hermoine is white or not. Not to mention Rowling is the author of the books so she can change shit if she wants to.

kek

Its not. It's shit, like you.

I think it was always pretty clear that Grindelwald was more than just a friend.

Storytelling is not about establishing facts, it's about being relatable user.

Every character description should be vague and open to interpretation