Why does Sup Forums hate Rush?

Because they're the most whitebread, uncontroversial rock band to ever exist. I'm pretty sure they're all teetotalists save for lifeson.

I am Canadian and I don't like them. Too cheesy.

But I love rush

FM is the superior Canadian prog band

Don't really listen to them a lot anymore but i love a lot of their records up to Hold Your Fire and some exceptions like the new one and Vapor Trails. They got me into listening to music more seriously.

>teetotalists
There's literally a video of the three of them having a drink at the end of their documentary

Cheesy as fuck.
Plus, dude ayn rand lmao

I like 2112, because i'm gay and I've also read Ready Player One and that album was referenced in it sooooooooooooo Geddy Lee is better than Krist Novoselic

They haven't been dude ayn rand lmao in decades

why should it make a difference if you're from Canada retard

Because Sup Forums hates whatever is popular.

Rush is prog which isnt so much of a popular genre anymore, but they still have millions of fans. Plus they're all masters of their crafts (even Lifeson deserves some credit)

They're without a doubt my favorite band, and it's a shame I will never get to see them in concert

I hate Canadians

Aren't they still touring?

No. They stopped touring indefinitely. They might do it again in the future, but it's unlikely.

I saw them in 2006, 2011, and 2015. Every show was better than the previous that I saw.

I dunno about the rest of Sup Forums but I'm not crazy about them because they were always an inferior version of other rock bands. Whether it was them ripping of Zeppelin and the Prog bands in the 70's or ripping off the Police and other New Wave bands in the 80's. My biggest problem though is that I just can't get used to Geddy's vocals.

Yeah, what's with Geddy Lee's voice, how did it get so high?

I hated 2112 when I first purchased it from the bargain bin 10 years ago. Moving pictures is good

the rap in Roll the Bones

Not hating, just not liking.

>hating 2112

I am really happy I am not you. That song isnt even close to being one of my favorites, but it's just really impressive.

I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy?

dad prog
digestible tripe for normies to seem in the know

I know him. He doesnt.

It grew on me. But first impression was "what is this fag falsetto shit"

I don't. I can understand why quite a few people dislike them, but it's hard to deny their musicianship and ability to put on a great live show. I saw them in 2014 and they played for over 3 hours with very few hiccups. Sure they're cheesy, but that's part of the appeal for a lot of fans.

Oh please, Rush is popular like Velvet Underground and King Crimson are popular. It's practically mainstream, but just fringe enough to get a crazy fanbase calling all of their work genius. If Sup Forums hated mainstream music so much, they'd stray away from the albums that constantly hit "Greatest of all time" lists like Loveless, Pet Sounds, etc.

If we were really contrarians this board would just be thousands of Scaruffis.

I don't

That explains why Neil Peart has a drinker's nose

Hey Jack, relax