Why do so many musicians kill themselves?

Why do so many musicians kill themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11824743
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't touch drugs or alcohol and you'll be ok.

zis

because music is gay

alienation

Ian Curtis?

Forgot to add health problems Ian was just unlucky.

Ian did drugs, just not hard drugs. He used to volunteer at a nursing home or whatever and would steal pills from the residents when he was a teenager. Probably did some stuff as he got older too. But it was really the depression and seizures that got him.

Mostly these
IMO drugs and alcohol are the symptom, not the problem

Because life sucks.

because in the immortal words of peter "steel peter" steele
>SUICIDE IS SELF EXPRESSION
and musicians realize music expresses only a little

most artists are very stupid and weak. that makes them susceptible to depression. then because they are stupid they don't know that they can get help

They're too intelligent to enjoy life

because they know it's the only way anyone will give a damn about their music

Satan's grasp on them

Mental illness
Being a gay
Being a disappointment to parents

well cant speak for all of them but im sure in the case of kurt
because his music sucked

Because life can't live up to their own artistic representations of life, so what is the point?

Because he didn't make any money.

Damn...

Nick Drake didn't even do hard drugs. He just smoked weed. And most drug addicts are doing drugs because they're already depressed and suicidal, not because doing drugs makes them that way. It makes it much worst though.

this

why does anyone kill themselves?

an artistic temperament is hard in the first place. the most at risk population for suicides in the USA is middle aged white blue collar workers. life's not easy for anyone.

cuz no one gave him the fucc

Imagine how sexually frustrated he had to be. He was too shy or whatever to talk to Francois Hardy, and THIS was his sister.

>you will never use your 10/10 hot sister as a wingwoman in a whiskey bar in an era of sexual liberation

why live

he didn't kill himself, it was an accidental overdose

Didn't he have a crush on her

No, I don't think so. I don't think they got along all to well, but still liked each other.

Being gay is literally a ticket to suicide. So fucking scared

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11824743

>Musicians as a group had lower suicide rates than literary and visual artists. Beyond socioeconomic reasons, which might favour interpretations based on effects of health selection, the lower rate of suicides among musicians may reflect some protective effect arising from music.

so actually musicians don't kill themselves more than other artists, and the ones who did just didn't put enough protective effect into their music

>"One evening in the late 1960s, Gabrielle Drake was walking down Haymarket in London with her younger brother, Nick. She was taking him for a birthday treat to see Topol in Fiddler on the Roof. “I’ll never forget that moment. It was about 6pm. He had the most wonderful figure – broad shoulders and a small bottom, nice waist. He was wearing a beautiful tweed jacket, which had a slightly high waistband and he looked so beautiful. I was so proud to be with him.”

Doesn't music have some type of neurological effect? Perhaps it gives a slight euphoric effect or is able to change your mood. I think that is a reason why music attracts so many depressives because it makes them feel somewhat better. I guess that feeling from music is the protective effect.

>D-don't touch my g-g-guitar Gabby

definately this i want to kill myself all the time because i cant beleive i wasted so much time on this gay shit

lol cute

being bi is pretty cool desu

When you're a musician you think you're the shit completely original and nothing could ever replace you. Its your duty to the universe and humanity to continue to live and make great music

Alcohol counts and is known to be bad for Epilepsy.

because it is settles the whole thing