Admit this is at least their 3rd worse album

Admit this is at least their 3rd worse album

It's their very worst

At least Pablo Honey was entertaining

ok

>At least Pablo Honey was entertaining

Good insight, but Burn The Witch was at least entertaining.

I agree with the rest of the album tho. Like nothing feels NICE to listen to. Even most jams like decks dark's ending is still overridden with muh depression.

>boring
>needing upbeat jams
How can Radiohead fans be such plebs?

This

It's definitely in their top 9 worst albums.

sure

It's literally not even good sad music. Their other stuff blows this album out.
It all falls flat. In Rainbows didnt have a lot of jams either but Reckoner and other tunes made it one of my favorite albums.

It's fine having an album that isn't entertaining, but at least make the listener feel something that isnt straight depressing. Theyve topped that on other albums where they mix it up a bit

It was very underwhelming. It sounds nice, but I've listened to it like 4 times and I cannot remember a single melody, any memorable lyrics. I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist in their discography

>nothing feels N I C E to listen

well what do you expect you fucking tool

Now dont go there. Present Tense and Burn the Witch have some great melodies and lyrics.

imo its not very memorable but its incredible when its played which is part of why its a great album

You're telling me Radiohead never makes you feel nice, and always depressing?
Like dont you like Bloom, Separator, Reckoner, There There?
Those might have a bit of a sad message but you dont feel shit after listening to them. You feel either pumped or enlightened.

AMSP is the feeling of necking yourself or living in thom's fantasy world where humanity causes the world to collapse in

>AMSP is the feeling of necking yourself or living in thom's fantasy world
>album that evokes emotions this powerful is not good

>hey this album is so powerful dude, every time Im done with it im already on the edge of a chair with a rope around my neck. Man it's a 10/10!

That aside, im not saying AMSP is even good at that.
Making music sound depressing af is easy, and their attempts at making enlightening or energetic music such as the ones I brought up were masterpieces.

I love it when I listen to it, but it's not that memorable.

Maybe that's how they intended it, since it's dreamy atmosphere makes you feel like you're in a depressing bad dream. And you only remember like 5% of your dreams or something. Also one of the tracks is called daydreaming

Maybe that was the intention. This album's like a dream you don't remember

Making music sound depressing is easy, making music that actually masterfully conveys depressive emotions is hard. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but describing album as bad, because it's not "nice, enlightening, energetic music" is pretty silly.

For me it hardly expresses true depression. They've done it very well on other albums but on this one, depression just feels like a gimmick.
I wouldn't say they masterfully conveyed it.

Well I'm glad you never had depression, hope you never will.

Lol I have. Would say anyone interested in Radiohead has. Actually I'd say every human being has, being depressed is typical.
There's the feelings you get from okc and then the glominess of amsp which doesn't feel as amazing.

I'd like to say amsp is still a good album but isn't thier best, and arguably thier worse since all others have been masterpieces in my mind.

Not even

BUUURN THE WIIIIIIAAATCH

or

YOU REALLY MESSED UP EVERYTHING
YOU REALLY MESSED UP EVERYTHING

or

TRUUUUE LOOOVVVVEE WAAAAITS

DON'T LEAVE, don't leave

?

I don't follow the band, and hadn't heard one of their albums in years. But, I was interested, so I checked out this CD from the library.

Do all their albums sound like there are bags of sand in front of the tweeters? Seriously, I thought my speakers were broken. Had to put in a different disc to make sure. Nope, no treble. Cymbals sounded underwater, keyboards sounded like there were 10 pillows between the amp and mic. Sounded soooo dull, couldn't get excited about it. Shame, really, because musically, I thought it was interesting.

Being slightly depressed or having teenage moods or the eternal "tfw no gf" is not really something comparable with actual clinical depression. Anyways maybe you have, maybe you haven't. I would only like to say that even if you actually genuinely love TKOL it's fine. But rating U2 songs played a la Nirvana above AMSP is unforgivable and you should be burned at the pleb stake as soon as possible.

Kid A > OKC > IR > Amnesiac > AMSP > The Bends > HttT > Pablo Honey

So, middle of the pack.

>CD from the library
Could have been a bad copy.

Try just listening it from a dl or stream.
I couldn't say the production on the album was bad. Probably one of thier best.

But pls don't listen to amsp as the first and only Radiohead album.

You misspelled OKC > Kid A

I like neither of those bands, and if you're trying to say thier first two albums are definitely worse than amsp than that's OK.
Said it's thier third worst for a reason.

Httt is on the wrong side. That's one if thier best

HttT has a lot of good music in it but it lacks a lot of cohesion and the political hamhandedness of it really detracts I think. Whenever I think of RH MVs though A Wolf At The Door will always be one of my favorites.

Yup, I completely agree.

People say this every time they've released an album since OKC... AMSP is really really good. With great songs. Especially Present Tense. Song is one of their top 10

It's their 4th worst and it's still a solid 8.5

What a band

Maybe it's not in the top 3 of their records but come on, it's pretty fuckin solid for a band that's been relevant since the early 90s.

where is tkol

oh whoops

second to last

God

Damn

i liked it better than HTTT, amnesiac, and pablo honey desu

Well hopefully you appreciate httt and amnesiac more in the future. They're really great

Kid A = Amnesiac > IR > OKC > AMSP > The Bends > TKOL > HttT > Pablo Honey

fixt 4 u

Kid A > OK Computer > In Rainbows > AMSP > Amnesiac > HTTT > TKOL > Pablo Honey

No, I think that every Radiohead album is good in their own way

lol forgot The Bends
it would be second worst sorry not sorry

Don't know whats wrong with it but there is something wrong with it. It feels restricted, calculated. Like they don't want to just say fuck it and explode, they're too scared of doing something wrong, everything's too overproduced.

Pablo Honey, Hail to the Thief and King of Limbs are worse, so no.

They've already said fuck it and exploded though. AMSP is something new.

Listen to the guitar parts, they're so oppressed

>This is a foul-tasting medecine
>Foul-tasting medecine
>To be trapped in your ful stop

Godlike. I've listened to this album so many times desu.