Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Last thread:

>ywn play on the ibanez/H.R. Giger SHRG1Z guitar

Should have been "Don't Respond To Inflammatory Arguments Because It's Just A Shitposter Trying To Fuck Up The Thread" Edition

>tfw all some anons want to do is start fights and we will never have peace in /gg/

Grimes

Modeling amps are shit.

Prove me wrong.

peaceful /gg/ is terrible

GAS THE KEMPERS, RIFF WARS NOW

Is a compression pedal necessary? Do you guys use them?

Not exactly polishing a "turd", but I have this Yamaha TRBX 1005 fretless bass here, and I'm not sure if it's worth it to get the fingerboard leveled. The body is 5 pieces of alder, it's pretty heavy, the fingerboard is rosewood (I'd prefer ebony), the maple top is super thin, etc.
None of these are huge issues but should I sell it and get a bass that I'll be 100% happy with or invest just a bit more to make it "good".

>your post gets buried at the end of the last thread

no youre too thicc for skinny jeans. post more pics though.

Just get darker jeans lad.

see

>started playing guitar when I was a teenager
>seemed like a cool way to express yourself musically
>got really good
>considered accomplished even by professionals I sometimes associate with
>as I mature musically I realize writing guitar based music is rudimentary, simplistic and creatively limited compared to the infinite possibilities a laptop based DAW offers now
>as I mature musically I slowly realize how uninteresting most guitar based music actually is
>as I mature socially I come to realize most people have long since stopped caring about guitar based music too
>mfw guitar might as well be an accordion or a harpsichord now
>pic related: mfw I know in my heart I wasted my time on this instrument
>mfw I wish I could have all that time I wasted back
don't end up like me kids, save yourselves from my fate

Thanks user.
What do you base the decision off of?

>How would you know to have your hand further up the fret board with only staff notation?
You wouldn't... that's like the solitary thing where tab is better than notation (other than simplicity). But if you have both...

stop shilling

just make asmr videos, that's the new music.

Someone should make a way to tell the difference then. Is this why a lot of song books have both or is it just to market the song book to people that only know tab as well as those that know both tab and staff notation?

>What do you base the decision off of?
Not him, but I'd do what is most comfortable.

does anyone know where I could get the same/similar paint that was used on the blue cham ibanez xiphos guitars ?

>Tfw someone was selling one of these on my local CL for $300 but when I called it was already sold

Whether a passage is playable in a certain position, what sounds best, what effect you're going for (open drone strings etc)

Im sure it's to market to people that only know the tab, but if you know both it only benefits you. When they came up with notation, the majority of instruments could only play a note in a certain pitch one way. Guitar you can play a lot of notes in 6 places.

In pic related is the number next to the note some kind of way of showing that it's supposed to be played on a different fret?

nice

sure, I just put this on for band practice but we had to cancel cause our drummer has to perform on saturday with her other band

I'm just glad I don't have to wear dress pants + shirt and tie every day now after getting laid off

yea these are kinda old, from back when i wore nothing but big punk boots

They are only really useful for single coils and bass

oooh you lift too. take a picture in shorts.

tidy that room manlet.

Dunno, never seen that before. I'd guess it's the fingering. Like which finger you'd use

used to, 4 years of uni + 2 years of work = I'm not fit, in fact I'm fat as hell, I'm like Chris Pratt before that movie where he got shredded.

me and my guitarist are getting our gym memberships again next month

o-ok mom

Well I use both of those things so maybe I'll pick one up

be my bear bf user. we can play sweet sweet jangly indie on our jaguars while we make out. its all ive ever wanted.

Has anyone actually had sex with a guitar before?

On the bottom line the numbers are above what is indicated by open strings. Could it be the octave?

what is indicated by the tabs as open strings*

that's what finger it's supposed to be played with.
I'll see if i can dig something up to show you positions on notation - I'm at work now, though.

sorry user, I'm straight and in a relationship, plus I own 5 fuzz boxes so I don't jangle

(i'm also under 6' so i dont think I can bear lol)

But on the bottom line it has 3s over what's indicated as open strings by the tabs.

those are triplets - 3 notes played in the same time as 2

Cool. I don't know what specific pedal to recommend you, but I hear boss make a good conpressir

Kevin??

Oh, okay thanks user. Wouldn't an A played as the 5th fret on the HiE string sound different from an A played as the 17th fret on the HiE string though? Do you pretty much just have to listen to the track to know which to play if you only have staff notation?

>when the whole squad on point

The a at the 17th fret would be notated an octave higher.

pic related is a bit busy, but the numbers show which finger to play with, the circled numbers show which string to play on and the roman numerals show which fret to barre on (the brackets show how far to barre)

t-there's no way I could be Kevin he's too old to be me haha plus that rumor that he takes years between albums because he needs to drain listeners to mantain his youth is unfounded!

(you)
Fag detected.

How do you notate a note as an octave higher? In my Pink Floyd songbook it's written the same as a 5th fret A would be written. Is the book just poorly written? I can take a picture if that would help.

>tube amps
>Pedals
>Gibson guitars
>Fender guitars
>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
>Erg's
>Stone and/or wood picks
>Expensive cables
>Jazz guitar
>Blues guitar
>Anything "handwired"
>Pointy guitars

O I am laffin

You're late.

>Necessary
Probably not but I like them. With a hard compression setting I get a nice pop and bounce playing clean.

it probably has 8ve written next to it somewhere which means play 1 octave higher

I've written it out for you

No pedals are necessary

It has 8va with a dotted line running to it from a couple lines before that I didn't notice. Thanks user! You've been a massive help.

tubes aren't necessary

where do you guys usually get cheap shit from?

I really want an Earthquaker Devices Fuzz Master General but I don't feel like paying 175$ + tax for a fuzz pedal.

Steal it from GC

guitars aren't necessary

be patient and check ebay, reverb, local classifieds

this. buy property instead.

One more thing. When it says Electric Guitar 2 on top of the line and Electric Guitar 1 under it does that mean that Guitar 2 plays the notes with the bars above the line while Guitar 1 plays the notes with the bar under the line?

Is there a picture reference? Usually that means yes, but it could also mean they play the same thing. depending on whats written, obviously.

Fuck I forgot the image. Pic related.

take a pic please.

Sometimes they try and stuff 2 parts onto one staff

Sorry, forgot it in the first post. It's here:

i've always considered using one, but i never do. it just seems like a waste of money for the type of music i wanna play

Yep, guitars are separate.

play which ever lines makes you happiest!

the part designation in the transcription is just an arbitrary by the transcriber.

The upstemmed part is guitar 2 and the downstemmed part is guitar 1 for what it's worth

Basically its AMAZING for playing at low volume levels in home or recording for mimicking the way a tube amp will give the natural sponginess. However if you play with high gain pedals or fuzz chances are it's basically useless since you already get heavy compression from the distortion/gain effect.

to be honest I mostly didn't even like it until I stopped using a solid state and understood what compression does for me.

And in this one are they both playing the same thing since the staffs on the notes are connected or are they separate again because of the slurs?

Fucking shit forgot the image again.

>outdated sounding
>all genres creatively exhausted
>limited musical range
>takes years to master
>and even when you do there's always an 8yo Asian that's better and more accomplished than you'll ever be
>if you're technical the audience will say you're just showing off
>if you're restrained the audience will say you can't play
>an electric guitar isn't a complete instrument until you pair it with an amplifier
>so it's expensive
>playing can give rise to health problems like arthritis and carpel tunnel
>all the good pussy goes to rap niggers

remind me why you play guitar again /gg/

You could try going second hand or waiting till a store has a sale.
Or if you really want to cut down on cost but increase effort, you could make your own pedals. Fuzz's at their core are pretty simple circuits.

>all the good pussy goes to
>not playing it for the boys

lmao

life isn't necessary desu

Give me like 60 bucks and I'll build you a Fuzz Factory.

>420
explains everthing!

those are ties, not slurs, which means the notes values of the tied notes are added without rearticulating them.

In general, slurs will be to different pitches, ties to the same pitch.

And yes, there are still two parts

Sorry I'm not capable of parodying the mozart picture

life is a meme

The Fuzz Master General is a copy of the Ace Tone Fuzz Machine, user.

I already have a Fuzz Face clone with a Gate.

reality is a meme

meme is a meme

> good pussy
> to the rap niggers
Pick one

I don't think I can make it anymore obvious, /gg/.

meme

none of those things are issues at all, because the wood doesn't matter

>wanting to play music to get laid
Yeah, stop being a sellout faggot.

What the fuck is wrong with hand wired equipment? I have a hand wired VOX TUBE amp and yes, you can tell the fucking difference from your shitty pcb board amp.

This. If it would fuck a nigger it isnt any type of pussy you would want.

One more. Does this one mean I have to switch to an acoustic guitar mid song or are they extra players that are supposed to play the cord markings that are on top of the line?

YEARS OLD BAIT NEWFAG

Oh, and what do the add11 markings mean?

What are you talking about? Ive been browsing here for years and have never seen this before.

literally in every thread

add11 is a type of chord.

It's also a separate guitar being tracked probably so i'm not too sure.

So the actual staff is probably still the electric? Also, is a vibrato bar a whammy bar? If you don't have one on a guitar what are you supposed to do if the song calls for it? Can they be added onto any guitar?

Also, the song is Hey You by Pink Floyd if that helps.

The recording is multitracked (lots of parts) and the tab book has tried to include EVERYTHING.

If you're just playing along by yourself, you may just want to switch to a clean tone to avoid an instrument change.

an 11th chord adds the 11th scale degree to the basic triad (1,3,5) this is similar to how 7th and 9th chords are made

vibrato they mean is probably the finger vibrato not an actual whammy/trembar. Since it's Floyd it could also be the actual trem bar. Yes and no to the question about them being added, it's possible but difficult sometimes.

and you can switch to a clean tone instead but not sure about that capo thing.

How did pink floyd play it live then? Did they just switch to clean tone or did they actually change over to an acoustic on stage?

Also, if 9 measures of the same note are tied together how do I keep the same note going for that long?

It specifies a vibrato bar dive instead of using the normal vibrato markings.

Also, how do you switch to clean tone? By using pedals?