Is he still relevant?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.trshady.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

Not really. I wish he was, but even I don't really pay attention when he drops new stuff.

Sad to see a legend fade into obscurity.

Translation: does his gimmicks still work?

The answer is no.

>legend
It's funny white boys love em and real street niggas never play goofy shit like that.
King of white boy goofy rap lol

It was kinda his own doing though. He had mentioned in interviews that he wanted to focus on his family amd get his daughter to college. Plus with all the Albums he's dropped, awards won, and money made he pretty much has made his impact.

It has been settled that the Beastie Boys are decidedly the most influential white hip-hop artist.

"real street nigga" rap is fucking trash. I've yet to hear a rapper rhyme with the complexity of Eminem.

I suppose. Still, Kanye continues to make an impact, as contested or controversial that may be.

>Is he still relevant?
Yes he was ALOT of fans whi grow up him but he still manages to gain more of a teen fanbase. Pop icon, one of the most important rappers since rap was invented.

forum.trshady.com/

The real question is, does he need to be?

hasn't been relevant in well over a decade.

sure, in PLS COME TO BRAZIL land and eastern european shitholes where they can barely speak english so they put incredible value on somebody speaking it really really fast

eminem was a good listen because he was off the walls batshit crazy, juvenile, and funny with his lyrics, but then he'd have something deeper emotional songs about fatherhood and shit that hit you hard and it was this great balance of emotion and humor, but then as he got older he lost the juvenile humor, and it turns out that all of his humor was just based on him calling people faggots and saying stupid teenage shit that would be cringey to hear from a 40 year old dad, and because he isn't that funny besides from childish humor he lost the humor edge of his content, and now all of his music is just this weird fucking motivational white dad rap that is just embarrassing to listen to just like Machine Gun Kelly. RIP a Legend

More Life VERY imminent BTW

But Eminem is more relevant tham Drake or JAy z. EMINEM have more fans. Hell sell alot.
Only a micro minority is trying to hurt his unhurtable legacy because his few last albums received a bad score by Pitchfork even if Em jabe good score by this publication and acclaim by the hip hop community as an unquestionable Rap GOAT.

His formula to gain atenttion with shock value stunt is copied by Tyler, Kanye, Young Thug etc. Hes a big influence on Lendrick Lamar too.

How? Recovery was a huge era and MMLP2 was successful too.

He will always be relevant. He can sell an stadium tour at any point and his album will go multi-platinum regardless of quality. People don't listen to hip hop listen to Eminem.
Truth

He's the biggest rapper in history, there will never be a point in time where he's not relevant in some shape or form.

Yeah, that's why virtually every noteworthy rapper alive praises him through the roof, hey.

>"sad to see a legend fade into obscurity"
>millions of people still say he's the greatest rapper of all time

IM NOT AFRAID, TO THROW A CHAIR

I also say he's the greatest rapper of all time, but I haven't listened to any of his releases since Relapse. Respect for him will never die, but his overall relevance in mainstream hip hop is definitely decreasing. He's not played at house parties/clubs, people don't talk about him, etc. He's not a central figure in current hip hop culture.

This. At this point, Eminem is similar to someone like Adele in the sense that he can drop platinum records ease but has little to no influence on music or culture as a whole. I respect Eminem as a legendary rapper, but his influence on the rap game ended with The Eminem Show. He has been a pop star since then.

>white guy is the best at black genre

what can we conclude from this

That there were a shitload of edgy, angsty white kids in the early 2000s who desperately wanted a rapper to identify with?

Depends. Influence and music wise, hes not relevant. Popularity wise, hes still one of the biggest pop stars in the industry.

I wouldn't say he's that relevant anymore, but he still has a lot of fans and can stir up a lot of a buzz whenever he drops something. I honestly thought that MMLP2 was really good, though I don't think he'll ever be able to top MMLP and TES.

Another thing, he's pretty much touched on everything that he's gone through personally, so much so that he's done a lot of topics to death (Kim, his mom, his daughters, his drug addiction), so I think he's putting a lot more focus on the technical aspects of rap, as can be seen with songs like Rap God and Campaign Speech, and he's just playing with flow and different rhyme schemes.

No

Plus a bunch of his former fans are mad at him after his Trump comments (I remember the threads on Sup Forums)

THIS IS SO FUCKING TRUE

>I've yet to hear a rapper rhyme with the complexity of Eminem

See Busta Rhymes or Lupe Fiasco

>Yeah, that's why virtually every noteworthy rapper alive praises him through the roof, hey.

Maybe because they kinda have too? Or the media and white fans will be butthurt

>legend
time is saying otherwise

These days he's mostly like hip hops answer to Yngwie Malmsteen
Unreal levels of technicality wasted by using it to say and express absolutely jack shit
His last halfway decent song was Headlights and he almost ruined that one by doing that thing he does where he yells to convey 'heart'

Aesop Rock

MMEP will always be relevant.

implying eminem isn't a legend

Adele is relevant af lmao

Lost my shit on
> weird fucking motivational white dad rap
Thank you

Not really. Not in a musical or cultural sense. She obviously sells a retarded amount of records (to moms and fat women) but 30 years from now no one is going to look back and think, "Wow, Adele was influential. She really changed music/culture" She is basically the Avatar of musicians.

Not him, but I guess it depends on your definition of "relevant." Just because someone isn't influential doesn't mean they're not relevant. If lots of people are listening to them, and lots of people are talking about them, they are relevant. Selling a retarded amount of records, to me, is the very definition of being relevant. Influence is a whole other consideration.

That's why I've been arguing that Eminem is not relevant. He has been surpassed in popularity by a large collection of other mainstream pop rap artists. He's not on the radio and he's not in the clubs.

Although, now looking up his songs on YouTube, he has a lot more views than I would've expected based on my own personal anecdotal evidence with him. Guess he's more relevant than I thought.

Yeah perhaps these days, but his depression created relapse, a quak8ty album if you ask me. It has some of the quirky humour but is mostly really dark and with a focus on his own psyche and why it got so fucked up.

>
>>Yeah, that's why virtually every noteworthy rapper alive praises him through the roof, hey.
>Maybe because they kinda have too? Or the media and white fans will be butthurt
niggas believe this?

>quak8ty
Quality*

First off you fuck. Relevant means "relates to"
I'm so tired of the misuse of this god damn word, all these teenagers came aroudn and transformed the word into importance.

This reminds me of the time I saved Young Thug from getting robbed. It was just after one of his concerts I was at, during the concert I was randomly selected to see him backstage after the concert. So I went backstage to Young Thug's room and found it closed. I was getting a little frustrated waiting for him and was about to leave when I heard harsh voices through the door. I put my ear up to the door and heard multiple voices telling someone to give them all the valuables. I stepped back and kicked the door right open. Inside there was four dudes: Young Thug, and three dudes I didn't recognize. Two of them had knives and one of them had a gun. One of the guys with a knife came at me, but I managed to catch his arm mid thrust, and using my elbow to smash on his arm, I disarmed him. I delivered a brutal karate chop to the guys neck and he was on the floor instantly. The second guy with a knife stood there stunned, giving me time to give him a full force uppercut to his jaw, knocking him out instantly. The last guy put his gun to Young Thug's head and threatened to shoot if I didn't surrender. I started talking to him in order to stall for time, when eventually Young Thug took his chance and twisted the gun right out of his hand, and put the gun to the robber's head. He looked at me and said I better leave before the police showed up. I just nodded and said "Good luck, Young Thug." And started to walk out, when he told me to stop and said, "Call me Jeffery, my nigga."

>when he told me to stop and said
You need to end this story with
>HOPPED OUT THE MUHFUCKIN BED.

and make it a new pasta

He hasn't released a solo album since 2013 so he's not on the radio. I think some artists get more airplay but they don't have a loyal fanbase. Their albums and shows cant sell. In fact, only taylor swift and adele will easily outsell eminem if they release albums in the same year.

I liked the I feel it coming song from the weeknd's newest album, are there more good songs on the album?

Lupe Fiasco is conscious hip hop though unlike eminem

It was used correctly you fuckwit

no, he should've retired at least 5 years ago

This.

No matter what kind of album he drops, it will only hurt his legacy.

Nobody is gonna take from him what he has done between 95-2005 and he was an absoulte monster then but he eventually became the object he was laughing at, a corny rapper.

I have nothing against songs with Rihanna, Pink or that faggot who sings on Headlights but they are so so sweet it makes me sick.

Eminem Show is still incredible, but right now I'd definitely choose Thug, Kodak or Migos album over his.

>I've yet to hear a rapper rhyme with the complexity of Eminem.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "complexity" because complexity doesn't always mean "good", you can make something extremely complex and still have it be shit or nonsnese, but here is a list of rappers who are either as good as or better than Em both lyrically and flow-wise:

>Nas
>GZA
>Rakim (Eminem has blatantly ripped some of his styles)
>Big Pun
>MF DOOM

He has a fucking family!

Haha these rappers are signed to MEGALABELS, so expect DMCA's, [PREVIEWS], geoblocks and other shit.

*these rappers you've mentioned

I can't believe everyone made such a big deal about this. He mentioned Trump in a couple lines in a six minute song. Plus he's insulted past presidents before, so it shouldn't be surprising that he did this.