Reminder that the Martha scene was literally a pleb filter

Reminder that the Martha scene was literally a pleb filter

Snyder has a knack for angering plebs.

Reminder that Jonathan Kent is pleb filter: the character.

The biggest plebs are whoever said "we don't need those scenes of Clark going to Gotham"

fucking hell man.

even though I believe that there were several issues regarding BvS, I feel like everything else was fine. the piss jar thing felt out of place perhaps but why not put in something campy for a change?

I can't believe that people are overreacting to shit like the martha scene. it wasn't bad at all

simple explanation for that scene.

batman, not fully aware of what superman's powers are, panics in the moment because he thinks superman is reading his mind. and not just his current thoughts, but reaching in deep and calling a name that is sensitive to batman.

batman gets caught off guard, hesitates, lois lane shows up and explains it, batman realizes superman has a family, they become best friends.

>batman, not fully aware of what superman's powers are, panics in the moment because he thinks superman is reading his mind. and not just his current thoughts, but reaching in deep and calling a name that is sensitive to batman.

If he was going to be worried about Superman having mind reading powers it would've been when Superman calls him Bruce before the fight began.

reminder that zack snyder is a living pleb-trap.

Can't believe a film that initiates this much discussion and carries such hidden depth and thematic richness was universally reviled by critics. The state of cinema is in absolute disarray when a bland, utterly forgettable film like civil war, straight from the marvel assembly line receives more fucking praise than this. Just came back from watching that fucking film and their flippant memey attitude it evoked in every fucking scene literally had me shaking my head. Even in serious moments like a conflict between lovers marvel will force some hacky dialogue to ruin the moment.

i can believe a small number of autistic people are trying way too hard to convince themselves a shit movie from a shit director was good.

a minority of intelligent people capable of self thought. While i admit it had its flaws it is far and away better than every single mcu film.

Reminder that supes has xray vision and has seen bruce at the fundraiser or whatever the fuck

Yes, autistic people tend to convince themselves they're smarter than everyone else.

>143 iq
in my case it's true. Jury's out on the autism though

Film journalism (the big trades at least) is a parasite on the back of film, obviously.

So when they destory films like Batman v Superman, they are destroying themselves.

Look at this Summer: literally every non-Disney movie is bombing. If film studios go under, then what will the clowns that write about them do?

omg it's so deep isn't it user

lel jk it's shit mate gtfo

That wasn't it at all you dolt
Superman studied up on Bruce Wayne and Batman learning who he was and about his parents and realized the Martha thing

Superman called him "Bruce" before the fight, indicating he had learned who he was. Right before he was about to be killed, he said "You're killing Martha" which made Bats get confused and panic.

This was a psychological attack meant to delay the staff attack long enough to get his powers back, it was just happy coincidence that Lois showed up and explained the situation

>wow that movies shit dude
>*wellwritten lengthy rebuttal*
>naw its still shit bro look at this scene
>*lenghty wellwritten explanation of the scene*
>lol its still shit though

>Martha

Why did you say that name? Is it your mother's name?

The main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Snyder's own "Man of Steel" he has a character say that "the world's too big”. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (cinematically translated by Snyder as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in "Sucker Punch" and "300". We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a structural constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-"Watchmen" movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succintly noted, "freedom is the ‘abyss’ of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Snyder's films.

Yeah if you like it you're a pleb
Or a tryhard like this faggot:

Those are some big words.

For you

Martha...

>DUDE AUTISM LMAO

No, they don't.

>we don't want character development
Sounds like the same guys who enjoyed Age o Quiptron

Once the Ultimate Cut gets out, get ready for the massive wave of people that decided to not watch it in theatres because of reviews only to find out how wrong they were.

>Capeshit
>Pleb filter
To what? Sort out the turboplebs from the regular plebs? Go die in a fire.

Or be pissed that they wasted their time and money anyways on a shit movie.

>Look at this Summer: literally every non-Disney movie is bombing. If film studios go under, then what will the clowns that write about them do?
I think things went wrong as soon ss movies started being worth more than the GDP of small countries.

When a movie can flop because it only made a half billion dollars it starts to look like a bubble.

It works on a cinematic level.
It works on a dramatic level.
It works on a symbolic level.
It works on a character development level.

But plebs can't handle the lack of quips.

Who are you trying to fool, pretentious DCuck?
Are you seriously trying to pull a 2deep4u with the Martha thing?
Do you really have no shame?

BvS = Kino. End of story.

Cant wait for JL and The Batman

>le kino meme
Opinion confirmed for worthless

Tune in next Sunday and find out.

How the fuck the world's greatest fucking detective doesnt know Clark Kent real identity?

Batman's "super power" is prep time, in this movie he actually acts like a detective (chasing Lex's goons) with a genius level intellect (he creates kryptonite weapons for the fight with Clark), he should have investigated who Superman is already, he should have started finding out who Supes is the moment the Wayne building collapsed I mean even Lex knows who Supes is and who Batman is (how did he find out?), are you telling Batman isnt as smart as Lex or has as many sources?

If Batman already knows Clarks mother is named Martha it shouldnt have surprised him or moved him in any way at that moment or it should have done so when he found out the first time that Clark is as human as anyone and not an alien threat and never fight Clark in the first place

the Martha moment is shit

everyone watched it at least once because is a fucking 300M budget Batman vs Superman movie the problem was that only DCuks came back for more viewing while everyone else hated it and deservedly so

No wait wait wait.
I liked almost everything about BvS but it still doesn't excuse that Pa Kent being the worst Pa Kent ever written.

sounds like that 10 year old is retarded

>everyone watched it
actually no. they would have much more money

the typical dcuck response is this: "not muh pa kent"

somehow they think that adapting a established character fateful to the screen is for plebs and instead turning Pa Kent into an evil paranoid stupid asshole is deep

If you let your teenage "idols" be some second hand renditions of 70 years old comic characters you deserve all the mocking in the world.

How pathetic of the child and parent.

I swear its like a bunch of fucking mouthbreathers discovered symbolism and suddenly think they are intellectual for pointing it out, like we didn't notice when its so absurdly blatant and heavy-handed. BvS and Man of Shit are some of the worst examples you can point to for this kind of crap since the Matrix Sequels.

The only good thing Pa Kent gave us is
>Stop Invincible son
>Hold your horses my unbeatable scion

And that image

>haha thanks for covering me I rode the tornado up here

I honestly didn't mind the Martha scene. I just wish the movie had more action, and I don't mean regurgitated action like the MoS scene...I mean BATMAN fighting SUPERMAN.

Cut down Lois
Delete The Flash
Delete dream sequences
Delete Lex

Bam, problems solved.

Every fucking normie spouts shit about how the 'martha' seen is horrible, yet they don't understand that it's about more than just "muh moms name is Martha".

Kek I hope you guys aren't serious.

repeting viewings make a movie cross the billion mark

This movie was shit and the martha moment was when it went full shlock and became hilarious.

we get it and is still dumb see this for example

The whole movie is a pleb filter.

This.

not true
Reports had this movie have above average repeat viewings

Batman is all about having the tactical advantage over everything (the prep time meme). That philosophy is epitomized in the line "The world only makes sense if you force it to"

The basis for Batman's hatred of Superman is the complete existential shock that is caused by him and his Kryptonian invaders to the world as him personally in Metropolis.

His philosophy that he's operated under since his parents' death is called into question by a higher power he can't understand. In response, he becomes irrational, and angry and a killer ("people hate what they don't understand").

To that end, Batman gives absolutely no shits about Superman. He hates the idea of Superman, an invincible god from the Heavens reigning down destruction in the same way Lex hates him by being unable to understand him. Unlike Lex, Batman never seeks to control, his mind never once wandered to figuring out his secret identity or family or relationships. An invincible man having weaknesses is a fallacy that the fool Lex dwells on and perplexes himself with. Batman only cared about force: anything not towards the goal of killing Superman was disregarded. Figuring out he was Clark Kent then kidnapping his mom? What then? Tell him to leave the planet forever? Batman wants to stop the threat to his world, both his physical world and personal understanding of that world.

>muh deep intellectualism
>you just don't get it bro, if you were smart like me you would see how fine the emperor's clothes really are.
Die.

source your ass?

One of the worst and anti art flicks released this year

Literally only praised by cinema embryos of Sup Forums and not a single patrician of any patrician clans

You pretentious faggots disgust me, you get absolutely nobody with a brain using that cheap b8 and yet you force it day after day

Are you trying to convince others, or yourself?

He didn't find out who superman was because it doesn't matter.

It's not like he takes off the superman suit and suddenly doesn't have powers. If you understand batmans motivation for trying to kill superman, you'll understand why he didn't bother with his "real indentity"

getting info on his target is basic stuff for any mission is completely out of character for Batman to not get all the intel he could on Superman it doesnt matter how angry he was at some point he is going to plan things with a cold head BECAUSE HE IS THE FUCKING GODDAM BATMAN thats what he does

>pretentious faggots
hello my friend
the correct term is "pretentiouspleb"

Whats the point in writing that post if you cant read?

>it doesn't matter
finding out who this alien god really is, where does he work, what is his background and what is his weakness doesnt matter?

at least marvels and x-men fans realize they are watching schlock and acknowledge the flaws in the movies but dc fans are delusional as fuck and probably just trolling

Common responses to well written argumentative posts
>not muh X
>ad hominem shitpost

Is it still a strawman?

Reminder that these stupid shits making excuses for this garbage are the "prayer circle" retards from readit.

>well written argumentative posts
You can't be this deluded
You must be trolling, you see, you're answering the question nobody asked, over analyzing shlock only you care about, that's hardly well argumented from inception.

>my movie is a stupid boring shitfest, everyone hates it except me and 3 other fat neckbeards on /tv
>T-THE ENTIRE WORLD IS JUST P-P-PLEBS! WE'RE THE PATRICIANS!

>woah your mom's name is Martha? So is mine! Suddenly all the reasons I had to brutally murder you - spending the past several weeks premeditating this murder - no longer matter because our moms have the same name. Friends?

Youre not even trying

You're trying too hard

blessed be the snyder

The film is shit m8 I'm sorry, just admit you enjoy the taste of feces.

>film
Calling this overdrawn pile of garbage anything but a "flick" is blasphemy.

Holy fuck you two are overcomplicating it way too much
It was literally just:
Superman:
>Welp I'm about to be stabbed
>My mom is still captured
>right now, my only chance to save her is for batman to find her
>I know he wants to help the inoccent, even though he doesn't see me as such
>I should refer to her by name so he knows to look for someone named "martha"

"Save...Martha...You're letting them kill Martha"

Batman:
>BAAAAAAAAAHH PSTD AND SUDDEN HUMANIZATION

Not hating, but this scene is pretty straightforward.

>DCucks defend this

>I'm a pleb: the post

ironic

This is actually, all shitposting aside, what the actual scene was. Every non-autist understood this.

I would have been fine with it if there was some sort of explanation for Kent's cynical outlook on humanity. Like if he had been a Vietnam vet, had fought a long war over territories that mattered more to the ideologies at stake than the people involved and then came home and was met with the suspicion and distrust that a lot of Vietnam vets faced. Then the Kent farm isn't just the hiding place for Clark, it's the hiding place for Pa Kent too. It becomes a classic story of a parent impressing the life experiences, both good and bad, on a child who hasn't experienced them yet. It would give Clark's later frustration with his father more gravitas than the stereotypical 'I'm a teenager and I rebel, bleh' because he would be struggling to accept rules based on events his father experienced rather than 'people dun't unnerstand'. This would also be a good starting point for Clark since Pa Kent, originally the placeholder for the red blooded american father, could represent the world that needs to be won over by Superman's sense of idealism, heroism, and empathy. Y'know, that stuff the Superman is supposed to be about.

Instead, and if you watch Snyder and Goyer talk about it, "Of course everyone would hate Superman, fuck you, of course Superman wouldn't be a hero, of course if Superman were real it would suck, I don't have to explain why, it should be obvious you dumbass. 9/11!"

Look Goyer, I know every movie you work on needs to remind us of 9/11. But characters need motivations other than 'obviously'. Maybe if you cut 20-30 minutes from your useless Phantom Menace CGI ripoff Krypton you could have put some of those scenes in. Not all of us saw 9/11 and became cynical bastards who can't leave the farm. Pa Kent needs motivation, concrete, personal reasons for acting like he does. Otherwise Pa Kent doesn't matter. Otherwise there is no impact when Clark rejects Pa Kent's philosophy. Pa becomes a plot device to artificially keep Clark from becoming Superman.

>MCUcks defend their cookie cutter movies aimed at literal children

He finds out his weakness is kryptonite, none of that other shit matters. that's the point, Bruce doesn't see him as someone trying to fit in, he sees him as an all powerful threat. He believes superman is only saving people for his own self interest and doesn't think he has anyone he cares about (a weakness). The "alien god" IS who he really is in Bruce's eyes just like how he really is batman

That's why the Martha bit works, because thats Bruce finally realizing superman does care about people and isn't just out for himself.

Lol this movie sucks , why do people still talk about it?

>he enjoys DC superhero """"""""""""""films""""""""""""

top 10 films of all time?

>hurr if you dislike MCU movies you're automatically a DCuck
typical child-like mentality
10. Drive
9. Drive
8. Drive
7. Drive
6. Drive
5. Drive
4. Drive
3. Drive
2. Drive
1. Drive

>its another "DCucks try to pretend their abject failure is a misunderstood masterpiece" thread

^This man is the true prophet.

>DCEU's 2nd movie literally BTFO of Marvel
>MCUcks try their damnedest at damage control
>MCU's second movie makes $250, while the DCEU's second movie makes +$871 million, not counting future profit from rentals, bluray purchases, and on demand purchases
LOL LITERALLY JUST

>10. Drive
>9. Drive
>8. Drive
>7. Drive
>6. Drive
>5. Drive
>4. Drive
>3. Drive
>2. Drive
>1. Drive
all 10 ??

I'm on tv and I have autism, what can I say

>hurr if you dislike MCU movies you're automatically a DCuck
>typical child-like mentality
All I did was call the film shit and you're the one who brought up Marvel, holy shit dude hahahahaha, can you project harder?
Why else would you display your anal devastation or even bring up Marvel in the first place, if you weren't a booty-blasted DCuck "patrician"?

>posts typical evansguy images
>hurr I wasn't saying I'm defending it!
retard

What the fuck are you even saying now, faggot?