Will any ambient track ever top Eno's 1/1?

Will any ambient track ever top Eno's 1/1?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/tymelapse/sets/somnolent-sessions-vol-1
youtube.com/watch?v=0nL1-jnCkfw
youtube.com/watch?v=MFY1Kahq5SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_bjVqZucAko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do While

discreet music

2/2 is better
they're both shit tho, eno's pure ambient albums are trash

i think they're overrated in the context of his discography and people really tend to overlook his rock records, but i think at least Apollo and discreet music possess identifiable merit

The Ship tbqh.

Or William Basinski's Watermusic II

I just don't like how he approaches the genre in general, and it's stunted the evolution of the genre. The "as ignorable as it is interesting" quote is offputting to me because ambient can me so much more than background noise.
This causes his ambient albums to be soothing but very uninteresting and simple.

Stars of the lid - refinements of the decline

/thread

SAGE

yea i agree about that quote in particular, and now that I think about it it probably has led to a lot of misunderstanding towards the genre.

I think that's what makes Apollo one of his more interesting albums, the fact that he doesn't meander on certain tonalities and progressions for extended periods of time and they're all more or less centered around a specific theme.

no

> The "as ignorable as it is interesting" quote is offputting to me because ambient can me so much more than background noise.
wow, didn't know Eno could be 2 deep for anyone but damn here we are. >what is minimalism

Any of the tracks in here
Also this

shit taste
sounds like you're just impatient and focusing on it intently and can't into subtle progressions

Ambient 2 is the worst
even ambient 3 is better and Eno had basically no involvement in that

Ambient 1 > 4 >>> 3 > 2

The most emotive album is the worst yeah sure
2>1>4

Literally every song on Ambient 2

literally shit taste contrarian choices
>1 isn't the most emotive
>3 and 2 aren't samey af all the way through
k

Damn beat me to it

Fukken pleb

go to sleep

Listen to Above Chiangmai and An Arch of Doves and tell me how is it samey
3 I'm just shitposting in you
1 besides 2/2 its all the same

>1 besides 2/2 its all the same
>being this wrong

literally no track he has ever done sounds like 1/1
no two tracks on Ambient 1 sound even remotely similar desu unlike Ambient 2 which is fucking monotonous.
>8 posters ITT and 18 posts
>this much samefagging
peace I'm out

k go back to listening to the same chord progression for the next 20 minutes

Maybe people just like coherent albums you pleb? And regardless of that, 2 has the sweetest sound of any ambient youll find between a piano and a synth

lol as if I care about the opinion of someone who can't into minimalism or ambient
>"coherent"
>everything sounds the same and the structures are predictable
>good

Nigga there is a huge difference between "sounding the same" and coherent.

>i only have a 3 minute attention span
opinion disregarded

I know there's a difference but not on ambient 2.
Ambient 2 has literally 2 good and unique sounding tracks out of 10, the rest are 3 minute ideas that they didn't bother fleshing out into something socially or structurally interesting

Most of Eno's discography is superior to music for airports. It is only revered because it broke new ground. Far better ambient music has come about since.

>Far better ambient music has come about since.
can you link some?
The only ambient album he has done that has topped it was Apollo and the only tracks he's done that comes close to 1/1 are An Ending and 2/2 (also from Ambient 1)

Well right now it just comes down to opinion, I love all 4 ambient albums. but I also love anything Harold Budd has done as well. You should check some more of his work out, such as Translucense/Drift Music that he did with John Foxx

>attention span
>in furniture music
rmyt
cause minimalism is the only valuable ambient
follow the trips

why does it seem like i'm the only one on this entire board that listens to music exclusively on soundcloud. seems to be so many more producers that just deserve a lot more recognition

soundcloud.com/tymelapse/sets/somnolent-sessions-vol-1

Eno topped it himself with Discreet Music but yes there are various other examples.

Stars of the Lid, Grouper, The Caretaker, Eluvium, Fennesz, Huerco S, Ian William Craig, Jon Hopkins, Julianna Barwick, Lawrence English, Taylor Deupree, Rafael Anton Israrri, TwinSisterMoon, Isengrind.

I prefer releases from all of those artists to ambient 1

Try Snow (Dusk, Dawn) by Taylor Deupree
AIA Alien Observer by Grouper
A Night of Raining Fire by Isengrind
Asleep Versions by Jon Hopkins

suck me off
youtube.com/watch?v=0nL1-jnCkfw
>reads pitchfork once

Eno's best work is his Art Rock stuff.

FPBP

1/2

>Huerco S
"lol"

I read Tinymixtapes faggot.

Listen to Promises of Fertility. Perfect dong. Bows anything on ambient 1 out of the water.

1/1? What are its abilities?

Enos one of my fave artists and I appreciate his ambient series but it hasnt aged that great.People have progressed ambient pretty far since his conception of the genre. His work with fripp and discreet music is way better.

sounds like really derivative berlin school to me

2>2 > 1/1 > 1/2 > 2/1

(No Pussyfooting)
Cluster
The Disintegration Loops
Irrlicht
Metal Machine Music
Nature Unveiled
Earthquake Island
etc.

echo

Dude I really like loads of those artists but many of them aren't even really ambient artists, and there are certainly plenty who haven't topped Ambient 1.

I think I actually consider Discreet Music my favourite ambient track. It's a shame he ruined it with side two.

maybe because you're a fucking pleb

>The Disintegration Loops
avant teen shite

>trying to figure out THE BEST AMBIENT TRACK OF ALL TIME HURR!!!

I wish you fucking idiots just stuck with your pop music.

The entire minecraft soundtrack blows it out of the water

His best ambient track is the one you can't remember. It succeeded in truly being ambient.

Not even Eno's best.

Discreet Music
Swastika Girls
Always Returning

For example

youtube.com/watch?v=MFY1Kahq5SQ

in two minutes it is one of the best ambient songs I've heard so.. I mean I just hope other people hear in this what I hear because it's honestly quite beautiful.

torn between saying this is the best ambient song and this is the best psychedelic song... it's very profounding and it's a fucking exciting journey this song makes you high when you listen to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=_bjVqZucAko

;_;