I love free jazz but hate jazz. why?

i love free jazz but hate jazz. why?

Why do you hate normal jazz?

I'm in the same boat, but because of my experience with jazz musicians and instructors, so cocky. Though I learned a lot and still.learning I clash with these fucks too much

not all of it but most of it seems like prog rock tier wankery

ADHD listener who can't actually go into the music so resorts to listen to surface level chaotic noise that'll always sound more exciting at a first glance.

Lalaland

>prog rock tier wankery

I dont know what that means

This

who cares what you like? how narcissistic of you projecting yourself to thousands.

And Free Jazz isn't? This is a retarded thread from someone who's listened to a total of 5 jazz albums in their entire life.

Because you're the definition of pleb

>mfw all of the musicians i know who are in a big band playing jazz standards only listen to top 40 pop and find jazz boring

This, sorry OP

It's because you're an uneducated hipster.

/thread

what sort of free jazz

it can be energetic and powerful, good for wrecking shit if done right

reminder lots of it influenced krautrock

That makes perfect sense if you know 0 musicians.

You're a rockist poser. Nothing more needs to be discussed

The melodies to average jazz are often corny.

It's pretty simple: you're a pseud. You listen for the image, not for the content. If something seems vaguely obscure and inaccessible to you then you like it because you think it makes you seem interested in obscure and inaccessible music.

>free jazz
>not free
Is this a fucking joke?

Do you like noise rock but hate prog rock?

Not OP, but I enjoy Free Jazz and Free Improvisation lots more than other kinds of Jazz.
You most likely don't know what "rockist" means.
Why did that come to your mind?
I hate how inaccessible music listening is discouraged by this, what if you enjoy it?

ya like jazz

and you like jizz

Right there with you OP

Free jazz is infinitely better when you're on a budget

hehe