Is this the worst film trilogy ever?

>pointless fillers
>many plot holes
>horrible CGI
>annoying bloom effect

youtube.com/watch?v=TijkFnT8D-U

youtube.com/watch?v=dFq3VGVA8_Y

youtube.com/watch?v=6_RZhZAUA5c

I know Jackson had such a short amount of time to complete these without any planning but still; the studio are such morons for pushing Jackson to deliver such poor work, even if the studio would fire him to get someone else if he didn't complete it, they are still morons for wanting it rushed regardless when this is supposed to be the second most epic fantasy trilogy.

I actually liked parts of Desolation of Smaug, otherwise apart from the opening scene of Unexpected Journey and Gollum's guest appearance - there was way too many boring fillers and subplots. Jackson REALLY should have made it into 2 movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7azdH5Is5C8
youtube.com/watch?v=dzTOnNzBQSI
theguardian.com/film/2013/nov/20/the-hobbit-gandalf-ian-mckellen-almost-quit-acting
youtube.com/watch?v=QWMFpxkGO_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Divergent series exists you retarded cuck faggot.

never seen it

it's more hated than it deserves imo

my biggest issue is the dwarfs don't look like dwarfs

>it's more hated than it deserves imo

Fuck off. It deserves every single inch of hate it gets.

Yep
youtube.com/watch?v=7azdH5Is5C8

calm down friend, your jimmies

>"Mr Jackson, why don't you feel me riding a horse in the middle of the night on a real pier? This is New Zealand, there is bound to be heaps of beaches and piers around the place."

>"No, I am not leaving the studio."

How do kids ages 8 to 15 generally recieve the movie?

Remember the prequels sucked for all the old fags but was well recieved by the adolescent and relativly underexposed crowd.

The hobbit IS a childrens book after all.
I can't blame jackson for making a kids trilogy and filming it in such simplistic terms.

>Dark Souls
kek

no

This only makes me want another LOTR videogame.

>better days

I like Plinkett clones, if there good

He's right about the 12 dwarves, it's hard to establish 12 characters but they had 3 long films.

>Go north. Find the Dunedain. There’s a young ranger amongst them. You should meet him. His father Arathorn was a good friend. His son might grow to be a great one. He is known in the wild as Strider. His true name... you must discover for yourself. Legolas! Your mother loved you.

Fuck off the prequels are very memorable

>pic related is a miniature from Phantom Menace

Do not watch LOTR on blu ray: there is a blue tint that was added and changed the look of the movie

oh yeah the... not-death star by the... alien... trade.. things who were doing... something bad... that blew up...

memorable indeed

You can fuck off now. Phantom Menace had so many memorable comfy moments

How did we go from this

that's what you think because you were 10 when you first saw it

It is widely accepted by now that Phantom Menace is kino. Attack of the clones on the other hand is still the same dogshit it was a decade ago

to this

i am so glad i didn't see any after the first

It killed me to watch. All of my friends were clapping like retards during the battle scenes. Meanwhile I am slowly crumbling under the realization that Peter Jackson knew he could get away with this not once... but thrice...

I hate 60 fps. I had to see the last 2 in IMAX 60 fps in 3D with family and it was so horrid the way everyone was moving as if in 2x speed.

Something about the framerate here is off.

lel people defending the phantom menace in a hobbit thread, that trade federation spaceship thingy was shit, just like the faces of the trade federation dudes.

AHAHAHAH WHAT THE FUUUUCK

I thought the shit they kept in the final movie was ridiculous vidya tier effects but that is fucking laughable. It's like 90s arcade level.

JUST

Jesus christ is this real?

What's with the contact lenses?

Yup how it was actually released

no idea

With every new thing I see of hear about this trilogy I become more and more glad that I will never watch it.

Also this is an actual image from the movie too, how it was released in cinemas and on blu ray as the finished product

>tfw this wouldn't be a problem if it were a decent film

I could handle 43 minutes of Shire comf if it was done like The Fellowship, tbqh.

I stand by this Disgusting.

literally the perfect representation

Agreed. I don't know what they were going for with half of the Dwarves at Bag-End scene, but it didn't work, and there's no reason it couldn't if handled better.

That's more Tolkien's fault though. He had no sense of pacing.

looks like a fucking PS2 cinematic for Tenchu

Are you fucking retarded? The film was not adapted so that a word in the book = 1 minute of film. Each chapter in the Hobbit is a different event, and not every chapter was adapted equally. For example the first film was about 40% of the book in length, but the last film was only two chapters.

what the actual fuck is this? some joke someone made up pretending this scene was green screen?

>movies aren't perfect
>they are the therefore worst movies ever

Modern critique . It's like the critics really want people to pay attention to them

JUST

This is what the movie tie-in vidya would have looked like.

I wish we could get rid of that tumblr shit at the bottom, then that image might be worth saving.

In the books it was a pretty comfy chapter, it's a shame the film was a total butchery of everything that felt good about it.

It would have been so good if it was 1 movie.

Just an normal 2.5 hour movie based off a short book, not everything needs to be a 10 hour trilogy.

did you even watch the video series listed? It details all the problems

Nope, it's legit.

How does this trash get greenlit

Worst? No
Most disappointing? Yes

And those 43 minutes are the only good part of the trilogy.

what did they do for the lord of the rings? how did they create the size difference?

To be fair they got the rock giants right, I think.

Also Christopher was massively butthurt over the LOTR trilogy too.

all kinds of tricks

forced perspective was one of them

They used illusions but that wasn't possible for the Hobbit because instead of 1 or 2 short people and heaps of normal sized people, everyone in the Hobbit is short except for 1 or 2 normal sized people.

literally took me 2 seconds

They built real sets and used real actors.

Still not saving it tbqh

>the sad lifeless look on Ian's face having to be in these movies, knowing what an absolute wreck it is
youtube.com/watch?v=dzTOnNzBQSI

Its just a memer, satan. Phantom is great with a fuck ton of fantastic shots.

>tfw the cartoon versions were superior in every way.

I agree with Martin regarding Hackson, but it's funny coming from the guy constantly flipping off the camera.

>Is this the worst film trilogy ever?
Not by a long shot.

Hobbit looks like someone bumped up the noise cancellation to fucking 11.
also, visible frame blending

>Ian McKellen found performing in front of a greenscreen for the first Hobbit film, An Unexpected Journey, so demanding that he almost quit acting.

JUST

theguardian.com/film/2013/nov/20/the-hobbit-gandalf-ian-mckellen-almost-quit-acting

Would it be possible to cut down the movies to adhere to the pacing of the cartoon?

Yeah there have been some fanedits (idk where to find them because the fanedit link which had all the downloads got taken down).

Theatrical bluray is fine though

Like this. youtube.com/watch?v=QWMFpxkGO_s

WHYYYY WHY NOT FILM IN A REAL ROOM FOR FUCK SAKE?

WHERE WHERE THE OTHER ACTORS?

WHY DID HE HAVE TO ACT BY HIMSELF?

So many questions

It's literally the same shit.

Hell the fucking video game was superior and much more faithful to the book.

They've already been answered in this thread. The other characters are hobbits and filming them next to Gandalf would have made them the same size.

>Since Gandalf is meant to be much larger than the other characters in "The Lord of the Rings" series and "The Hobbit," McKellen had to film all of his scenes alone against a green screen. The actor would know who was talking by seeing pictures of his co-stars faces light up where they would be positioned in the scene, and all this isolation took its toll on McKellen.The veteran actor broke down one day while filming "The Hobbit," and began crying in his isolated green room. McKellen even admitted to screaming out "This is not why I became an actor." Of course, McKellen got through it and gave a masterful performance in the films.

except one was made about a decade earlier.

yes it unironically is. How they managed to make that bok into three movies and still leave things out is beyond me

Love that pig!

You can't even blame Jackson for the mess. I feel bad for him and everybody involved.

They gave him 5 months to rewrite 3 major epic and highly anticipated films into something he could direct because MGM were broke shits who couldn't pay Del Toro.

It really sucks what happened to it

>Phantom Menace had so many memorable comfy moments

That's because 50% of the movies take place on a couch.

>ACTING

There's no couch in the Phantom Menace you fucking baiting cunt. gb2r tbqh

That is really, really impressive.

I haven't laughed like that for a while, thank you

so you've literally never watched phantom then?
that even further confirms my theory that all phantom memers are just falling for group pressure and have never actually watched it.

That's a common misconception. The DVD white balanced every shot, effectively removing the theatrical grading while adding an unintentional pinkish tint during some parts. While not entirely accurate, the blu ray attempts to re capture the theatrical grading.