Why did Japanese anime increase Moe anime?

Orthodox anime in the 80's and 90's
youtube.com/watch?v=XQBl3YeOVUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oP2Pt6m3yKU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkCdsW_42I
youtube.com/watch?v=HPQ2KPMVy8M
youtube.com/watch?v=iJDaBGf8qSo

Moe anime in the 2010s
youtube.com/watch?v=Yh85Tslvq28
youtube.com/watch?v=uRp6WrcBmEE
youtube.com/watch?v=I3dOmMMNjGA
youtube.com/watch?v=m7_-RBl0lfY
youtube.com/watch?v=qpPuFmkipIg

orthodox anime has been greatly reduced
I hate Moe anime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=57s944PdlEA
youtube.com/watch?v=DhJXcJRGncw
youtube.com/watch?v=FLNZrLlvwvE&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

moe anime is fucking trash and only consumed by subhumans

I only enjoy moe anime ironically.

they lost creativity and they started pursuing for easy Otaku money.

Anime has reached its natural conclusion to be nothing more than masturbation material.

Easy money

Because the anime industry is full of otakus

It is truly remarkable how closely the state of the anime industry has mirrored the change in Japanese society over the past 50 years.

Akira is the single greatest achievement in anime, period.

Akira was released in 1988, a year when the world still saw Japan as the world's number one technological and innovative power, and was predicted would become a second superpower alongside USA. Birth rates were just below 2, and the population was still growing.And national pride was rampant, as was innovation in the technology industry in Japan at the time, the country had some of the best infrastructure and positive energy. It's future was entirely within its hands.

And befitting this time, Akira was developed with an impossibly high budget that will never be rivaled again. It was drawn almost entirely by hand. And its art (entirely drawn by hand), imagery, vision, and story were like nothing that had been released prior. It's impressive to see how many risks Akira took given the industry at the time, and how its unique elements became standard practice in anime.

But by 1990, the asset bubble started to pop, and by 1991, Japan's economy was in ruins. The next ten years became "the lost decade" in Japan, and the following ten years had the same lack of momentum or energy ("the lost score"). Fertility rates have fallen to dangerous levels, and the population is shrinking. The work hard culture seems meaningless now that the country isn't driving towards a brighter future, and people are getting tired of working as salaryman drones. Many prefer now to just opt out from life and pursue a life online, immersed in fantasy. Millions of young Japanese are living as hikkikomori, and many more have no interest in sexual or romantic relationships, considering them "disgusting". China has surpassed Japan as the world's second largest economy, and tension in East Asia is rising.

No wonder everything is about moe girls and reminiscing about high school years.

80s were the era when japanese bubble economics was on its peak and the grip of keiretsus on the anime industry wasn't as hard as it is now.
With the collapse of bubble economics the anime market gets monopolised (for example, 1991 - Bandai buys Sunrise, 1997 - Artmic goes bankrupt and it's property belongs to AIC), the creative freedom is suppressed for the sake of large sales and the drawing style also becomes pretty cheap (compare 1986 Zeta Gundam and 1993 Victory Gundam - the latter looks cheaper)

>Akira is the single greatest achievement in anime,
In visual side. The story is mediocre.

Because the market has been more and more dominated by Otaku spending NEET bucks on merchandise.

They need shit to push the merchandise, and moe/sexy sells it.

I honestly think it's more of a decision by the industry executives, rather than a lack of creativity on behave of the creators.

Still plenty of good works coming out if you don't mind sifting through shit

My gf likes moe anime, what to do :'(

shit sells

now make more giant fucking robots

with love

/m/

>tfw i will never watch an anime as epic as akira, nausicaa, laputa and so on again, instead i will always see those schoolgirls do/spout nonsense interminably

gifrelated

I like both moe and cool anime. Even better when its both moe and cool. Touhou would describe best what I like, even though its not anime. Other examples are Strike witches, zettai bouei leviathan, ange vierge, girls und panzer.

Akira is trash.

moe is OK

the problem is, it's used only for sliced life shit and love affair between teenagers concept. I don't really like your name.

Kabaneri is shit in the second half
youtube.com/watch?v=57s944PdlEA
youtube.com/watch?v=DhJXcJRGncw

Between mecha, moe and surrealist (read: incomprehensible) anime, there is not much left to enjoy.
I think I only watched and enjoyed from beginning to end Samurai Champloo, Tiger & Bunny and umm... Planetes?

I wish someone with the same mainstream tastes than me did recommendations on Youtube.

It puts food on the table.

If adult/mature/intelligent anime was profitable, we'd see more of it.

It ultimately depends on the customers, at least 80% of which live in Japan.

Where is my Tetsunagi Kooni?

Death note, Claymore, Hellsing and Aoi Bungaku was cool.

how about Cowboy Bebop?

Nice, but a bit dry, and most of the characters were annoying me.
I should try to watch again though. It's been years.

KyoAni popularized it.

The eternal recession.

youtube.com/watch?v=FLNZrLlvwvE&feature=youtu.be

Old 80s animes were way naughtier than the stuff out today.

Not really, no. They had more nudity, but it was mostly comedic and not sexual. Or else characters would be nude in the shower or other situations where one is normally undressed.

Ironically, mainstream family animes got pruder right as moe started getting big.

its great

because thyeve adapted the money sucking business model to the industry pandering to only those who are single and pay a lot of money for it. thus its been shrunk and wankfests of very niche user bases.

>tfw you will never get another Osamu Tezuka

Rejoice because the moe trend is declining.
Now is the beginning of the Great Fujo Era.

because thats what children like the most?

Capitalism YO