Late night work thread?

Late night work thread?

Overnight circle K employee, ask me anything. Im stuck at work for the next 8 hours.

Loaf n Jug overnighter here, how's it hangin' user?

Where

Im bored as fuck, we had two guy working the shift before me and they did all my work. Its gonna be another night of chain smoking, kicking out homeless people and trying to get drunk girls and strippers to fuck me. Living the dream. How r you doin ?

Are you passionate about what you do? If I sense the cashier at the gas station I'm attending isn't 100% committed I get my gas and goods elsewhere.

Sup fellow 3rd shifter? I'm at work till 6. At least it's my Friday though.

Florida broseph

It's difficult for me to cope with people who parade this delusion around like they're these self-created agents that chose everything in their lives, when Paul Piff, for example, demonstrated that our species interprets arbitrary Advantage by believing that we created it. Case solved. It's easy for people to see that the top/bottom 10% of the world were born into it, but believing about that 80% in the middle, people seem to believe they create their fate. But we don't see poor black girls from Detroit becoming president or CEOs, lol. Our cosmos is also obviously deterministic, at our range of dimensionalities. Quantum may be a wiggly field of potentiality, but here, cellular and molecular laws reign.

The most dangerous time of the day.

Do handicapped people come to the store often?

what's a foolproof way to steal beer without getting caught?

Sheeit, least you get drunk girls passing through.

I work out in bumfuck nowhere, so it's always dead as fuck past 1. Only people who come in are there to steal.

Circle K. 2 Jalapeno Cheese Sausages, mustard, slaw, onions with a 32oz Cheerwine is my crack. How do I quit the habit, OP?

I really am, but then again my gas station is in a good neighborhood and my gm is great. Most other circle ks are horribly mismanaged and in much poorer neighborhoods, i can imagine those employees want to kill themselves most of the time. I hate wawa but u might get better service there.

Where do u work?

Answer all the questions boyo. I can't get me sleep till ye answer me question.

Go to sleep, Josh.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE HELD UP BY AN AFRICAN AMERICAN?

I work in a factory

Reality is 100% deterministic, humans complicate everything because we can observe our own actions and precieve a sense of free will. In a way our moments of self-determination are in themselves predetermined. Shit sucks.

We do have an uptick of homeless people, i usually let them loiter for 20 minutes before i kick em off the property. Handicapped people not so much, there was a homeless vet who came by last month reeking of piss and shit, he asked me to call the cops so he couod get a ride home and they hauled his ass away in a stretcher. He smelled fucking horrible, drfinitely had some mental health issues.

Basically wait till the store is full, buy something to get a plastic bag, ask to use the restroom, then grab it on ue way out if the cashiers are slammed at the register. 50/50 chance we wont notice. With that said, i dont recommend you try, u'll get away with the first one (we dont chase you out the store) but if someone sees you we'll print out your picture and keep our eye out for you. When we get scammed they usually come 3 times, once in the morning, afternoon, then night, that way its a new employee each time.

You dont, buy a polar pop too and save 60c ofbyour next purchase :)

Give him the 70$ we have in both registers and laugh when i testify at his trial. Robbing a gas station is one of the least profitable and high lest risk thefts imaginable. There are thing u can steal quickly that will get u more money, but im not inclined to reveal them.

You got one in mind?

Cool, what kind of factory?

Any stories of freaky/scary occurrences you fellas would like to share if any happened?

Ya, all deterministic. Everything. In the passenger seat of this probable reality sim. Even if Soul is real, beyond the range of dimensions we're certain of, no one designed the machinery of it, or chose their own soul, or how that soul would interface with the gestalt of our genome and environment inside these particular molecular machine permutations.

Nice trips. Once had a guy disappear in our store, shit was 2spooky4me

would you attempt to stop me from weezing the juice?

I get a weird feeling when i think about this stuff, not sure how to describe it. Its not depressing, it doesnt make me feel like laying in a bed all day or like i want to kill myself, its more like a ultra humbling feeling that i have no control over my own actions or the random encounters that im presestined to meet. Its very hard to live comfortably with yourself when you feel you arent as real as you thought you were.

I work from 11pm to 7am stocking shelves at a grocery store. It's terrible.

WHOOOOA!

I used to work night shifts at 7-11.
Do you guys get the constant coke dealers too?

I worked overnights at a hotel. It's amazing how fast people become animals when they're away from home. Also, there were only 2 of us in charge of all 275 rooms. If Dan was sleeping and I was taking a shit, you could get away with anything...

Is Circle K good to work at?
Free soda?

I had that job for 2 months, one time. Kroger. It was pretty bad I quit. you need to get out of there immediately. keep looking for other work

>when this motherfucker didn't green text his story
>do it nigger
>ty

What a fucking faggot jeez

Id kick your fucking ass

Kek

makes vlogs. I'm interested in seeing nightlife at an American gas station somewhere I will never go

wtf can i get a story plz?

it seems like such an easy job, why is it so terrible?

How much do you manage to embezzle a week?
And don't tell me you haven't used the "computers are down, I can only take cash" excuse a few times.

That sounds like it sucks. At least at a gas station ur by urself and you run the entire store.

If your store is a good store, yeah its awesome. I dont consider myself the most social guy but working there lets u meet some cool people. Plus its pretty easy work. If you do overnight you'll basically be grtting payed 200$ a week to babysit the store. You'll be able to shitpost all night.

I know right

Are you near Daytona? more specifically DeLand?

I like that, thanks. I feel like I can't truly reconcile my understanding of reality, with my experience f reality. My perceptual experience of free will, always unseats my understanding of determinism. As much as I know everything fits together the way it should, and always would have, I still experience agency in each moment. Authorship. I feel that if I were to truly destroy my experience of agency, I may be able to live more comfortably, resigning myself utterly to the One Way of the world. Enjoying this reality construct for its miraculous wonders.

Whats the most disgusting thing youve seen? Ever see someone OD or bring a hooker in there?

I just finished my shift at Couche-Tard, hello fellow employee

They expect you to work like a machine, the pay is shit, your sleep schedule is fucked, and it can be pretty hard labor. Not to mention the goddamn frozen section and "facing".

How much do you make a hour?

repetitive motion injuries, all night long. you're doing the same thing every time, bending over to pick up a box of shit, then stacking it and racking it properly. All the middle-age people who worked there had arthritis in their hands and arms.

Slowly you start to lose your marbles, staying up late all night, talking to some very offbeat, strange, and unfriendly people. The supervisors are all the ones who don't get along with people and they force them to work at night

At the end of the shift, supposedly at 7:00 am, they ask you to stay an extra 1-3 hours most every single day. There is no overtime. the pay is awful, there are no employee discounts, and the main challenge of the job is finding where all the god damn products go. . rest assured you're going to fuck up 100 times and they will tell you how you messed up 120 times.

That's like tipping for waiters at restaurants completely necessary for survival of cashiers at gas stations.

How come a lot of gas stations want to hire women for graveyard? I've gone around to the places near me and 4/5 gas stations have a woman there alone.

Hey op, I am also a circle k user. Started at 11pm, 45 min ago, here till 6am. 7 hours ain't so bad.

No im on then west coast.

0. Our cash counting is verry strict. Ive heard of managers getting fired for cooking the books tho.

>Working overnight with coworker
>pretty slow
>dude comes in, loiters through the isles for 30 mons
>asks to go to the bathroom
>disappears for a while
>we forget about him
>later another customer asks to use the bathroom
>"sorry i think someone is in there, let me check on him"
>door is open, guy isnt there
>??????
>we sweep the store since we thought the guy was trying to steal from us and theres no back exit, he HAD to have used the front door to get in and out
>cooler, back office, everywhere
>the guy isnr there
>we're both pretty spooked
>eventually assume we didnt see him leave
Later
>manager looked at the store footage
>tells us he sees the guy go in
>NEVER SAW HIM LEAVE
>every fucking body is spooked
>never seen him again
I dont even like greentexting it because i dont know if he was a ghost or if hes living in our ceiling. Shits creepy as fuck.

Ty user that was a satisfyingly SPOOPERY

A machine/welding shop. Pays the bills I guess

When did the Mongols invade China?

>0. Our cash counting is verry strict.
Kids these days, NO balls.

8.05, got promoted in my first 4 months so I bumped to 8.30, I can get another promotion in about 4 months to get 8.60. You get payed weekly and you get 7 days paid vacation after your first year. Im part time so the money is good.

Thats weird because circle k does NOT like hiring women for overnight unless we have to. Not only is it not as safe for a female to be working alone at night (muh soggy knees) but we have to stock the cooler and most women are old and cant lift heavy shit. Maybe they just dont have men applying for overnights over there.

Its really not. I work 4 overnights, im being payed over 200 a week to babysit this store. Plus ive made connections and gotten laid through working overnights, shits tight. Play some music or some podcasts or shitpost all night and your done.

North asia is cold son.

Why risk jailtime when we can work hard and put in a good days work user?

Timestamp

Exactly, It's great for meeting local connects, got a few hookups in 6 months np. Easy to sell my herb from the lot as well kek.

How come youre not cleaning the drink machine, and stocking cups and condiments for the hot dogs? Have you stocked the cheese and chili yet?

Give me all of your Triple Play Subs, now.

Among the worst jobs i ever had was circle k. shit tier.

Why do niggers insist on wearing their pants so low?

Supervisor in factory, 6pm-6am

I know a lot of overnight guys who sell bud through work.

Kek, cups/lids/straws are stocked, creamers are good, cappuccino is good and chilli/cheese hasnt expired yet. I was doing the cooler for abour 30 mins, the beer side is done. Thanks for checking up on me boss.

You probably lived in a shitty area or had a bad boss.

Thats the hood style man, what else do u expect.

Do you have this month's issue of Italian Vogue?

Shit nigga, i'm circle k too

do you have polar pop at your store?

fuckin' love that shit

I need a haircut I'm not talking s*** but you need to cut it

No need. I'm dope sick

flush easy nigga
but I already have IBS by the way

You look chill as fuck, y are u working overnight if youre a blue shirt?

Nigga, polar pops are our bread and butter.

... ok :(

overnight front desk at a hotel.
stuck here til 7am. (currently 12;41am)

ask me anything.

OP did you have to take a drug test to work there?

No different shirts for night around here. And barely wear uniform anyway, but they threatened disciplinary actions against us if we fail another mystery shop

How many prostitutes come your way?

Absolutely not. Im pretty sure my gm smokes weed on his days off

Not OP, but nah. No drug tests

ok thanks

i've seen ones that don't have em

made me sad

been working here 7 months and not a single noticeable prostitute has come in.

had a few gay craigslist meet ups though.

i worked at a convenience store and was tested every couple of months.

OOOOH "disciplinary action" - they got the big dicks now!
Tell them to >>fellate a fucking taser

Circle k doesnt not only do a drug test when they hire, they never drug test while you are working. Its great.

I wish I had an night job at a gas station, I live in rural British Columbia in a freeway town. Feel like it'd be cool.

every repost is a repost of a repost

Had a dude try 'n hang himself behind the building with his shoelace. When it didn't work he went in the bathroom and chugged a bottle of pills. Like the fuck you come here to do that for

I just finished luckily. Starbucksfag
>Learned today that I have mono
>Been working with it for like 3 weeks
#YOLO

I'm in Nova Scotia, on the side of a long ass road. Other than the local dealers givin' me weed for slushies l, it's 8 hours of youtube basically

This. Working overnight at a gast station with a phone is easy money. Working overnight without a phone or data however is damn near suicidal.

I live right next to Highway 1 bout 20 minutes from the US border, feel like it would just be a ton of freaky truckers and road trippers

Have a 22 gig data plan to myself cause 40 hours a week alone is ridiculous

lmao zamose? It's me, Dave

>not having wifi

sucks to be u.