Getting my wife a new cat. I used to have a motherfuckin' asshole of a cat when I was a kid...

Getting my wife a new cat. I used to have a motherfuckin' asshole of a cat when I was a kid. Advice on picking the right one, (chill) and funny cat shit

I p/t at a city shelter, it's no kill. I'd highly suggest you find one through a shelter like that, especially if it's a kill shelter. Cats are totally personal creatures, so finding one that's older might take a while. I'd go find all of the shelters in your area and prioritize them from kill to no kill. It's best to call first to let them know what you're looking for. The proactive ones will appreciate this, as they don't have to spent a lot of time with someone onsite. I'll do more in my next post.

ps. I'm going to blow shit up and become a tranny then bitch about being a beta fag and ask Sup Forums what is the most painless way to die.
>maybe now I'll get a response

Fucking Cat Advice!!! Hook a brother up!

Holy shit! The only reasonable person on this site with solid information. Thank you

You should find out what type of cat she might like or want, either kitten, which is a lot of work, to adult. The shelters have a hard time placing older cats because, they're old of course. But I've seen many senior cats that love to play, totally fuck with you, and are chill, at the same time. Personally I'd consider an older cat because they need the love. After you get a rough idea, assuming this is a surprise, you can go onsite and check them out. Time is of the essence for kill shelters. More next post.

QUADS on my cat advice thread?! Respeck...

Thanks. I've worked there almost a year now so I've gained a ton of info on the whole pet thing. There are places like PetFinder.com which a lot of shelters use. I would go there now and start to get a good idea about what to look for. The websites are ok, P/F is good though. There are a LOT of cats out there, kinda sad. Also look up craigslist for your area. More later. Giants are on, watching them.

Live in Austin and I think there aren't any kill shelters in the city. Could be wrong. I was just in a local Petsmart and they partner with a local organization that displays shelter cats in the store. Found one that seemed pretty chill.

Had a chance to hang out with her for a bit. She sat on my lap, purred and seemed pretty calm and happy. 5 months old, just spayed and still has stitches. Although I do agree with you about getting an older cat. Just a little concerned because that's a 20 year commitment if you're stick with an asshole cat.

Hey man, full service here. I've heard good and bad from Petsmart, but as they are really only the front for shelters, that's probably legit. But really, it depends on what you want to do. Personally it makes me rage when I see personal pets in shelters, but it could be for a variety of reasons, such as an older person passing away. We get a lot of those. Those cats are freaked because well, you get the idea. The one in your pic looks cool, also ask how long they've been there and if they've been adopted and returned for any reasons. Those are good q's to ask

I'd look through Yelp to cross-reference shelters too, there could be small ones no one knows about.

solid advice. You hit me with quads and knowledge.

get a dog
>end thread

Had a dog. RIP Freedom! Living in the big city, downtown. No life for a big dog and fuck getting one of those little rats. Wife likes cats. I don't mind them. They break shit but at least they're funny and they don't apologize for nuthin!

That's a good point of course. But if you get a kitten, you don't know what you're getting into, but you have the chance to guide them and teach them too. When you get an older cat, you're really helping them out a TON because a) you want to care for them, b) if they have a good attitude they'll be grateful eventually, c) they just might be used to change if they've been around a lot of environments. Most of the time though, people don't write down the history for the cats/dogs. It's rare. I found my cat 3+ years ago, running in/out of the auto doors at a grocery store. I went in right away and bought food&water and fed him 4 fucking cans of food right then, fucker was hungry. Someone in the store claimed they'd take him, but I went back the next night and he was still there. I threw him in my truck, went in and bough the big cat kit, pooper box to foods. THEN I had to leave the next day all fucking day. He was completely chill when I got back and warmed up to me immediately in the week. He was someone's cat too, and had a shaved paw from a vet visit. I called every vet, no one could help but eventually I made the decision to care for him.

Strong looking cat right there! Well, you've inspired me to take another look at the shelters and find an older cat. Who knows, maybe we'll get an old & young. Some one has to teach the ways.

damn, a cat gotta eat too! 4 cans ain't no joke!

Good deal. And you know, I wish I had more space to have two cats, because mine would probably love a play buddy. He was 12 lbs when I found him and seemed scrawny, he's like 14/15 now and on grainfree indoor formula, that Blue Buffalo wilderness stuff, he loves it. It took a while to find a replacement when they stopped making the Iams stuff I was getting. He takes his food seriously, and yeah when I saw him eat 4 cans of food, I almost fucking cried, carrying my shit food I just bought because I wanted it, and didn't need it. Kinda made me realize I don't need most of the crap I was buying for myself.

Are you planning on surprising her with a cat? Or...?

Yeah, her birthday is coming up on Wednesday. So I got all weekend to figure it out :)

Cool. I hope you find what works out well for you all, kitten or older. And if you find and the experience is good with the shelter/etc, give them some props on their Yelp or whatever feedback page they have. The more exposure they get = more pets getting into homes quicker. Totally important, even if it's just by a day. Good luck Sup Forumsro...

Don't get a kitten, go for an older cat. 3 maybe 4 years old, they are less energetic and more likely to lounge around and cuddle

Get a himalayan. They are beautiful

Thank you. You were a big help. Will go check out the local shelters for some older cats too. Makes me sad thinking of them old vets sitting in a cage. They should be fucking shit up. Might have a spot for one in my home

fuckin' Merika right there! That cat knows whats really hood

Hey also, a lot of city shelters aren't open on the weekend so you might want to look them up and call tomorrow. I'm the weekend guy so I've seen tons of peopledriving by asking me to unlock the gate :( So there's that. And you're welcome. Glad I could help.

Thinking I'll take off a couple of hours tomorrow and make a trip to the local shelter. Who knows... I'll report back at about this time tomorrow if I get the cat. Thank you bro

cool I wanted to make sure you knew that, and I'll check back. I filter cat posts so hopefully I'll see it. Again, good luck!

Get a Bengal cat, my girlfriend is a cat person, I'm a dog person. This cat is fucking insane, just like a dog and plays fetch too. Funny cat, it's instagram has over 400 followers.

Ha! what is the instagram? Never thought of a bengal cal. Don't know much about them