Heavy metal

>Heavy metal

"Millions of people love Black Sabbath and Metallica, but I always just thought they were big jokes. I don't know where exactly Metallica got their inspiration from, but if it came from me, then I know I totally fucked up."

>Led Zeppelin

"Jimmy Page is an alright guitarist and I enjoy some of his stuff, but it always feels so empty, like there's something missing from it."

>The Who

"If you want to torture me, then lock me in a room with Roger Daltrey singing. Pete Townshend is a nice fellow, but he overthinks everything way too much."

>The Beatles

"I always thought Sgt. Pepper was nothing but a load of mishmash."

>Bob Dylan

"Bob Dylan is a nasty little man. One time he said to me 'You know, I could write Satisfaction, but you couldn't write Desolation Row.' And I said 'You right. I couldn't write Desolation Row.'"

>The Bee Gees

"What's the deal with those guys? They seem to live in a fantasy world. Every interview of theirs, they do nothing but talk about how many suits they own. It really is for children, isn't it?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=50SXh5K-HPY
youtube.com/watch?v=ceWWMfhAvD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Oasis

"Totally immature. Grow up a bit and come back."

>Elton John

"He's a nasty little man. All he does is write songs about dead blondes."

>David Bowie

"It's poses, all fucking poses that have nothing to do with the music, and he knows it too."

>Prince

"An overrated midget. Prince has to find out what it means to be a prince. That's the trouble with conferring a title on yourself before you've proved it. His attitude when he opened for us was insulting to our audience. You don't try to knock off the headline like that when you're playing a Stones crowd. He's a prince who thinks he’s a king already. Good luck to him."

>The Sex Pistols

"There's more to it than just saying 'shit' or practicing spitting by using a mirror."

>Guns'N'Roses

"I admire their guts, but there's too much posing in that band. They have one guy who looks like [Ronnie Wood] and another who looks like [Jimmy Page]. Too much copycat and posing for me."

>Hip-hop

"Rappers--so many words, so little said."

>Grateful Dead

"The Grateful Dead are where everybody got it wrong. Too much noodling about for hours. Boring. Sorry, Jerry."

>Credence Clearwater Revival

"When I first heard them, I was really knocked out, but I became bored with them quickly. Too simple, too basic for me."

A lot of these quotes make him look better because he's not afraid to say the truth, but in the case of Bob Dylan, Dylan was the bigger dick but he was also right.

Pretty rich coming from a band playing the same dead mediocre shit for half a century
He's partly right though

hes literally the noel gallagher of his time but not funny

At least when they started it was fresh

Actually, these opinions are pretty commonplace in Dartford, Kent; banalities, even.

Quit posting spooky skeletons, OP.

Take your big bridge and shove it up your arse, Rolling Stones are overrated garbage and that's coming from somebody who likes NMH. Their best song is a Soulwax renix

Says the guy from The Rolling Stones, the shittiest fucking band of all.

His critique on Prince is fucking retarded.

On Hip-hop he is pretty correct, doesn't make it bad though.

Critique on CCR is again bullshit

Is.. is this all some ironic joke?

>>David Bowie
>"It's poses, all fucking poses that have nothing to do with the music, and he knows it too."
is this a jojo reference?

'll have you know Keith is a weeabo

The quotes need to be posted with years for reference, but the Prince quote seems very much dependent on knowing if the fans were mad at Prince or not

Who the fuck does he even think he is

master salt richards

IIRC he was boo'ed a lot. All because he appeared in panties and wearing make up. Tbqh it's pretty hilarious everyone got mad at him for doing that.

He's just butthurt that Prince showed up the Rolling Stones and their fans as the dinosaurs they are rather than the progressives they pretended to be. Being booed by a Stones crowd helped make Prince's career.

>le edgy contrarian memelord
>over 70 edition
Basically every other Sup Forumstant in 50 years.

Elton John doesn't even write his songs does he?

Why does Keith have to be like this

>Too simple, too basic for me
>plays in the fucking Rolling Stones

The Stones are pretty smart, well-read guys desu, not at all dumb jock meatheads with guitars. Keith has a huge personal library and has read a lot of books. He's very much the archetypical British gentleman in that way.

It's not prog, but it's sure not 2-chord strumming either.
youtube.com/watch?v=50SXh5K-HPY

>that's coming from somebody who likes NMH
what did he mean by this?

A lot of the passages in their songs are more complicated than it seems, especially some of the stuff on EOMS, often regarded as Keith's peak as a guitarist.

you mean not like Kanye?

So was Lemmy. Iron Maiden seem like very literate guys as well.

Brian May has a PhD in astrophysics.

Pretty sure most of the classic British rock bands met at University so would be fairly well educated.

Yes, Amerifats, there's a difference between our musicians and a rapper singing "I wanna do dat ho, I wanna do dat ho get on the flaw shawty."

It's called having some history and cultural traditions.

dem hands

So does Keith Richards just hate music in general or what

Everything but old bluesmen and Chuck Berry.

>I cant wait to hear what he says about those godawful stones, even the worst of those bands shit on them
Wait a second

youtube.com/watch?v=ceWWMfhAvD4

lel

He has Heberden's Nodes. They're not painful, but they make it very hard to perform intricate passages.

Honestly, Keith hasn't been able to play worth a damn since it was still the 20th century.

old fart can't change his ignorant ways

more at 11

Chords are harder to play with arthritis than single notes. Les Paul and BB King both gave up chords entirely in their later years.

>Prince has to find out what it means to be a prince
>He's a prince
Well then he has already found out, hasn't he?

Supposedly Keith, Lemmy, and Ozzy did so many drugs that it permanently altered their body chemistry.

>Bob Dylan is a nasty little man. One time he said to me 'You know, I could write Satisfaction, but you couldn't write Desolation Row.' And I said 'You right. I couldn't write Desolation Row

always fucking makes me laugh lmao

>At least when they started it was fresh
The Rolling Stones have never been fresh. Their entire early career was based on following trends. They started as another generic British blues band, then ended up copying what the Beatles were doing after they got popular and started doing new things.

They've put out a lot of good stuff, but the Rolling Stones have never been a very original band.

I love this retard. Its a shame he bullied mick taylor out the stones. was the begging of the end for them

>"You never stop learning and growing as an artist. I'm still very much an apprentice."

But Keef, you haven't learned anything new since about 1968 when you ran out of stolen Chuck Berry licks.

DARTFORD MENTIONED

>Keef" anthing more complex is over thought and anything more minimal is too simple" richards
based

Listening to Brown Sugar should disprove any claims that Keith didn't have chops back in the day.

This, Led Zeppelin and The Who took rock and roll to the next level, powerful and energetic. Meanwhile the Kinks were building the groundwork for what would eventually become refined pop-rock and punk.

I like The Stones too, so many catchy songs, but they never strayed far from their sound.

Does this prove that salt as personality trait works as a life preservative like mineral salt works on food?

Lyl the Stones missed out on a lot of US touring in their prime because of shit that went down.

>1967-68
>don't tour here because drug busts
>1970-71
>don't tour here because fallout from the Altamont Free Concert

Fuck this old piece of shoe leather and his outdated sense of cool.

>Led Zeppelin

Lol

>muh plagiarism
this is your brain on rockism

Then again, a large part of the deterioration in his playing skills is because the Stones since the 88-89 tour stopped being a working band and turned into an insert-a-quarter jukebox act. In the old days, Keith and the guys used to go nuts and wing it, from 1988 onward they're not expected to do anything but play note-for-note like the record, only Mick himself being allowed to improvise. It must be terribly boring and confining for Keith to have to play like that.

It doesn't matter if it's plagiarism or not. Led Zeppelin sucks big time

Didn't say you need to like them, but they were way more original and influential than the Stones.

Richards calling Page an "alright guitarist" is ludicrous too.

True, but they also stopped being a serious band around that era. I mean from that moment on you know it was just for the money. I don't blame them.for making that choice but they haven't actually cared about their musical output in the last 30 years

Jagger is smarter. He was (and still is I think) the real businessman in the band.

Voodoo Lounge [Rolling Stones, 1994]

world's greatest roots-rock band ("You Got Me Rocking", "Brand New Car") **

Bridges to Babylon [Rolling Stones, 1997]

can still play and even sing occasionally ("Flip The Switch", "Saint of Me") *

Never realized he was so based.

That was a general trend a lot of bands started following in the 80s, which was playing live songs exactly like the record instead of improv like was normal in the 60s-70s. It had something to do with MTV and audiences expecting the band to follow the record more closely.

I worked in a guitar store in Texas several years ago, and a fellow from a certain country group that had a #1 hit in the 90s comes in. He could play some excellent improv licks on the guitars in the store, but he never did it at their shows. I asked him "Why do you always play everything like the record instead of winging it?" And he said "If we don't play live songs just like the studio version, people will get up and leave. They don't like hearing anything they don't already know."

This is correct, the Stones turned into an entertainment act focused on Mick's dance moves with the band just being background noise and pushed to the back of the mix.

Ugh, BTB has to be the nearest thing in existence to a completely pointless Stones album that serves no purpose whatsoever, it's just...there.

Bowie is the JoJo of music so it's on point

Noel only slags off those who deserve it though.

Christ, what and irrelevant faggot