S O A R I N G
U
I
T
A
R
S

D X M

Am I the only one who liked this album more than TBK?

No, but I disagree with you.

tbk is their worst album of this era

The Seer >>>>>>>>> My Father > TGM >>> TBK

That's a fine opinion, as they're both very good releases.

I thought it was amazing, never really understood the worship for TBK. Too heavy and groovy to remain engaging for the whole 2 hours.
TGM just feels epic and spiritual. The dynamics are perfect, and it's like they mastered the best ideas they were going for with The Seer and TGM and combined them.

TBK > TGM = Seer >>>>>>>>> My Father

DUDE REPETITION LMAO
U
D
E

your rockism/poptimism is showing

said every critic ever. get taste pleb. my father is better on the 2nd listen, which u obviously didnt give it.

I've given it 3. It's not bad, but The Seer is far, far better.

1 5 3 6

literally the opposite of that you mong

the live versions completely annihilate the wishy-washy ambient post-rock thing we ended up with

im listining to it right now for the first time, im bout 3 minutes into the first track
i dont know what to expect, but i saw someone recommend it as Noise or Glitch
is this just one of Sup Forums's meme albums?
wtf am i getting into?
why does someone start singing now?
what is he singing about?
where did he go?
there he is again!
weird but i like it

worst Swans album to start with, try Children of God

im doing this now i dont mind
the music is getting more agressive with the first trackat around 9:30
still enjoying it

is Children of God more towards noise or glitch?
i dont know anything about swans at all

They're a post-punk/ no wave band man. Their recent records have drifted into Post Rock territory with very heavy focus on repetition. The Glowing Man is a variant of this sound with heavy focus on ambient and hypnotic elements, one of their worse albums imo.

No, it's on a par if not slightly above for me.

Swans isn't remotely close to noise (unless you mean noise rock) or glitch. Think that guy was pulling your leg.

If you like TGM, check out The Seer for something similar but spookier, or To Be Kind for something similar but groovier. Despite what some people on here may say, their earlier stuff is not the best place to start unless you're really into gothic or no wave.

i see your point but when the guy says that he is blind, does he proceed to rape guitar strings in the start of the second track?
it makes sense that he doesnt see what he is doing it with but should he be able to hear it or feel it?
weird album indeed

thank you!
i dont know how to feel about this album yet or if i can judge it, because im a total of 21 minutes into it with more than 2/3 of it to go

yes he does proceed to rape indeed it's a strange record

i cant wait to find out what he will rape next!
this album isnt that bad if look at it from a rapists sight

What happened to Swans on here? They went from being one of the most talked about at one point to basically non existent on Sup Forums.

what are you talking about? There's at least one Swans thread every day, people are even getting sick of it.

Kek, I really hope you're not joking m8

of course im not
wouldnt be surprising if this album drove someone towards such primal instincts and justification for these actions if they choose to execute them
maybe thats what makes the album so weird, yet interesting

K, just checking. Gira was accused of rape last year FYI.