I extract pleasure from trimming the grass that surrounds my home

>I extract pleasure from trimming the grass that surrounds my home.

Any hints on what he was trying to get at by saying this?

He was a keen gardener.

the bloke is married.
mowing the lawn is the only time he gets to relax,
and he took that from him, now he cant relax.

>You don't cut Anoderm Ansgrass.

who was he talking about?

grass is a euphemism for females.

metaphor

>just mowing your grass, marty

I know this is meme-posting but its really simple. That's Hart's fucking job. It's his responsibility as the caretaker of his home and family.
Cohle has neither of those things. They already work together and spend 40+ hours a week together. Cohle coming into HIS house and taking over his responsibilities is suspect af.

It's not Cohle's business to help him out in those departments. Because Cohle is borderline autist, he doesn't see the wrong in it. Had his heart in the right place because he's still lonely, the miserable fuck he is.

Also it's called fucking Set Up because he later bones Hart's fucking wife.

portmanteau

One pump..
Two pump..
Three pump..
GO

How many lawns
Can another man
MOW

Not OP, but really this is the best explanation.
Everyone thinks it's subtext as to him knowing about Marty's possibility of fucking his wife but in the end he really just is telling him I run this place, I don't need another man being the "man" of the house here, so hit the road.

>your lawn needs mowing, marty

pastiche

allusion

leitmotif

I thought it was more about Marty getting nervous and anxious because Rust mowing his lawn only showed Marty how inattentive he was being to his family by fucking Daddario.

>See, infidelity is one kind of sin, but my true failure was inattention

Inattention to his wife, daughters, his own lawn. Rust reminded me him of how terrible he is and so he projected his unfaithfulness onto Maggie and Rust.

That really is just an amazingly beautiful ass.
It's not too big, not too "round" or obtrusive, it has equal parts of a rump but also a nice smooth butt fat surrounding it and carefully fading into the thighs..

I just hope it's not fake.

I had a girl with an ass like that.

SO soft when you squeeze it but perfectly shaped too. Her cheeks just squeezed through my fingers when I squeezed her ass.

Marty is incredibly insecure in his masculinity.

Rust mowing his lawn pissed Marty off on a few levels: It's interfering with Marty's territory (literally), it's injecting himself into Marty's family, it's implying that Marty isn't taking care of his family and it's taking on his role in the family unit.

Rust doesn't see it that way, Rust just sees it as a nice way to repay the favor of being loaned the mower. He either doesn't notice or doesn't care that it's something Marty would view as a form of cuckolding. When a woman splits with her old man it's pretty common for single men in the neighborhood to offer to mow her lawn. Mowing the lawn is the duty of a husband/father.

It was like Rust buying groceries for Maggie. That shit carries an implication, especially if you're as insecure and alpha-oriented as Marty.

Reading things like this makes me wish I wasn't a virgin.

This
Insecure masculinity was the main theme of the season

Trust me, you'll want to go back afterwards.

Any kinotherapies in which the husband/father figure goes fucking postal? And not just with the family/help, but with the neighborhood?
Like, he just cant take anymore of this shit.

hint: if a woman's underwear matches her outfit, it wasn't not a coincidence they fucked, it was her plan all along

Falling Down.

on some talkshow (conan i think) she mentioned that she was pregnant during the shoot so "certain parts" of her were bigger

and by certain parts i mean her tits and ass

Fuck senpai. This is exactly what I am talking about. Just saw a bunch of scenes. I'll give it a watch later today.

Really? I thought it was how infidelity always gets you a bigger better house.

>We've finally done it Rust, now we are... True Detectives
What did he mean by this?

setting up the tension for the inevitable wife fucking
"cutting another man's lawn" - taking care of another man's duties and responsibilities, taking care of his family home - taking away the things that a man uses to define himself as a man

Marty>>>>Rust