Why are equestrian events still in the Olympics? Sure it takes core strength to ride a horse...

Why are equestrian events still in the Olympics? Sure it takes core strength to ride a horse, but you don't see Olympic planking. Horse fuckers will try to tell you to, "ride a horse for an hour and then see how sore you are tomorrow", but if soreness is a metric by which we measure the validity of a sport, then is getting in a car accident a sport too?

Additionally, people who own horses are usually weirdos who have a pseudo sexual relationship with their animal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0FcXlJ6FU
youtube.com/watch?v=FBrIL8ch2B8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nothing wrong with breeding with animals...everyone should try a black girl once

They need to kick out the fucking steeple chase before the equestrian. People have been riding and competing on horses for centuries. Who the fuck signed off on the steeple chase?

>Who the fuck signed off on the steeple chase?
The eternal anglo.

The soreness is just a way for them to show you that you use a lot of muscles you don't usually use
Horse riding is more of a sport than a lot of the events in the Olympics

When Olympics started, horse riding was a big thing because it was a skill needed for the military. It's kept around in honor of those days, like the modern pentathlon is.

You get sore from doing 500 laps at NASCAR, should it be an Olympic sport as well?

>an Olympic event that doesn't measure human skill or athleticism

It's also a disgustingly posh sport. They all dress like they're going to supp with royalty after their afternoon fox hunt while riding on the back of a prohibitively expensive animal.

You want to talk about an event that tells 90% of the planet to fuck off, this one is it.

No, the objectively superior Motorsport should be in the olympics

>NASCAR

Car racing is 100 times more of a sport than this faggot shit.

Did that woman just swim in a Brazilian lake?

OP is a faggot

No karting is the only feasible motor sport
Its easy to build a top class cart track everywhere. It's retarded to expect a host city to build a top class oval or race track.

Plus no one here said motorsport drivers aren't athletes? How is that relevant?

God you kiwis are dense.

>men and women can compete against each other
>a 70 year old person can compete against a 20 year old
>sport

Pick one.

I don't understand where your shit point about NASCAR came from?

Equestrian events are more of a sport than dozens of "sports" at the Olympics. It's a sport that's been around almost as long as animal husbandry. It is apart if the "war" type events when pretty much every event had ties in something to do with war

I'm not going to spoonfeed it to you, you poofter.

She was creating the lake :^)

Alright you do you and leave your retarded off-topic shit NASCAR statement sitting there

On your bike, mate.

Just kick out horse dancing and make it racing or archery instead

Sitting on my ass for 16 hours a day on Sup Forums is a sport because my ass is sore the next day.

But real talk time, if you don't break a sweat then you're not competing in a sport. Sitting there with your hat and sunglasses on looks about as relaxed as you can get.

>people who haven't ever sat on a horse commenting on the skill of equestrianism
>disguising memes as arguments

wew lad, take a look at some of the other bullshit which are at the olympics

This is a very valid point, though

do the horses get anti-dopings?
and what about riders, they could compete high as fuck and people wouldn´t even notice

>skill of equestrianism
No one is saying it doesn't take skill, just that it shouldn't be considered athletic since it boils down to just training a horse to trot.

Flea circus for Olympics when?

What about compound bow archery and shooting? Probably even less physically demanding

Competing in horse riding is fucking ancient

Holding the bow/gun is very hard if you actually want to aim straight. It takes tremendous arm strength and stamina to do it well. Not to mention all the mental pressure.

>compound bow
>arm strength

lol

Would watch horse archery desu

i'm just here for the picture.

you know the one, the energy shake.

So you agree that equestrian "sports" aren't physically demanding.

>Why are equestrian events still in the Olympics?

The only equestrian event that should be in the Olympics and that I would watch is horseback archery - hitting a stationary/moving target whilst on horseback.

Honestly why isn't it? It's a fantastic sport with deep cultural ties to many nomadic steppe countries and others military history.

Oh right... money...

>wew lad, take a look at some of the other bullshit which are at the olympics

>Our bullshit is less bullshit than others

Still bullshit though - doesn't mean it shouldn't be culled like the others.

There's already a lot of swimming events, but I'm sure they could fit one more in if it involved horses.

>implying horses aren't competing already

...or just jelly that Murrican'ts don't win in this event, much?

We're second in the medal table. We're gods of the Velodrome.

Doper Phailps won't last forever, you know.

We're too busy winning in actual sports to really care what you do with your ponies.

That's not what I said, It's less physically demanding than bicycling or swimming or athletics, but you'd hardly require any sort of expertise to make that sort of assessment.

I don't think It's the least physically demanding sport at the Olympics, I also think that due to the amount of history involved It's deserving of having a spot in Olympics (not really a fan of the horse dancing bullshit, though), and I also think that people with 0 knowledge on the subject downplay the accomplishments of the riders in favor of bullshit meme spouting

That medal should be around the horse's neck.

I hate this "sport" as much as the next person but you're even worse. There's nothing wrong with being rich and if someone rich was less rich it wouldn't mean that your lazy sorry ass would be richer. And I'm painfully middle class b t w.

>Honestly why isn't it?
Because it wouls be a real sport then...
youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0FcXlJ6FU

>Murrican't has to rely on Doper Phailps
>We're second on the medal table; especially now King Kenny has won the Keirin

You're scared now. Otherwise you wouldn't have care about my previous post to reply.

And you're still jelly.

Doper Phailps won't last forever.

>nascar
top kek

>getting in a car accident a sport
The only one where women would beat out the men

>swimming
because so many wars in human history were won because of swimming and not horse riding

It's not the fact that they're rich, it's that they rub it in everyone's faces and are obnoxious about it.

WHY IS THAT HORSEGINA STARING AT ME

If you don't like it, don't watch it, I'm sure there is a dedicated safe space somewhere close to you.

That's not the point.

Equestrian puts style over actual athletic competition and remains highly exclusive because most nations can't afford the high standard set by tradition and nostalgia for a bygone era.

Just put in some poor country horsey sports then, like mongolian goat grabbing for example.
Theoretically those countries should even have an advantage over developed nations because they use horses for everything to this day.

>almost the 2017th year of that overrated cool guy
>not knowing the features of Aretuza, the brazilian blastoise

Seriosamente?

>Additionally, people who own horses are usually weirdos who have a pseudo sexual relationship with their animal.

Those are cat owners m8

>mongolian goat grabbing
That name, my dick...

Plenty of sports are expensive you dumb fuck. So what, it means that no one should do them just because fucking Ethiopia is too poor for them?

the horse got a medal too I'd be cool with it as a sport

WORLD STAR
youtube.com/watch?v=FBrIL8ch2B8

Not gonna lie, i would sign up with my local club instantly.

Amerifats get sore arses from shitting down and shitposting all day, should that be an olympic sport too?

Yes

Do they not? In horse racing, the horse/jockey/trainer are all given accolades.