Was it unsportsmanlike?

Was it unsportsmanlike?

americans got btfo, so no

>Not being ABA

Hell no. Why is this even a question?

Happened in one of the heats for a men's hurdle event too. New meta.

Actually why aren't sprinters diving in all races?

no, just pathetic and desperate

it was fine you dipwad

Estonian wife.

Your opinion is irrelevant.

deathmarch has stricter rules apparently

>train for four years to win gold
>"i'm not gonna dive because that's unsportsmanlike"

why you're third desu """"""""""great""""""" britain

It'll be banned soon, cap it. Having all of these ppl dive at the finish would be fucking retarded not to mention a liability.

because it's not the fastest way to cross the line. Sprinting as long as you can and lean in is faster

Did she win? If she did they're going to ban it next games

Rules are clear. Shoulders crossing the line first wins.

It's amazing how many dumb Americans are still butthurt over this.

I can't blame them though, knowing than their fat asses never ran anything in their entire lives besides their mouth.

>Stumble and decide to dive so you cross the line
>pathetic
Only pathetic thing is how upset big strong Americans are getting.

True.
You never slide for first base. You will be slower every time.

Don't understand the butthurt. She literally, unironically wanted it more than Felix.

No.

Her legs gave out. Go watch it again.

Diving also doesn't make you any faster. She'd have won if she kept her feet.

Proxy off ausfailian

No she won it fair and square

Do we have webm yet?

A leaf

Very much so. If this was the norm and explicit adherence to the "muh chest crosses the line" there would be pads at the finish line for diving.

The fucking autists who can't get past "WELL IT SAYS HERE" are retarded. US was robbed.

If it would've been the other way around Sup Forums would be full of Americans posting "DAT HEART" and shit.

>foot race
>not decided by first foot over the line

Cheating ass cunt will always have an asterisk next to her win so who fucking gives a shit. We have more gold medals than we know what to do with anyway. And she still has to go home to the Bahamas, a literal where jungle in the middle of the Amazon.

fuck. Americans here actually know something about sport.
Maybe i can troll people on reddit...

>i'm not as fast as you so i'm going to hurl myself towards the finish line and hope my ragdolling body makes it across

absolutely embarrassing. think of all the great track finishes in history. how many of them concluded with the victor landing face first on the track?

>doing everything, putting your body on the line, being so desperate to win, that you throw yourself head first over the line to win
>not BASED as fuck

>Bahamas
>jungle
>amazon

if only all the athletes had the luxury of being old fucks at the end of their career who don't have to worry about injuring themselves

>Jungle
>Amazon

I thought Americans being stupid was just meme.

Doping is unsportsmanlike. This is the opposite.

This desu.

Would be some absoutely great banter.

The girl from Bahamas literally put her career on the line to take home that gold medal.

So you want her to stumble and fall flat on her face? The only reason she dived was to try cross the line

If diving was the best way why doesn't everyone do it? Is it possibly because diving to touch a plate is different to diving so your shoulders cross a line?

WTF am I reading?!?!?!?

Blatant cheating. The rules need to be revised so whoever's upright torso crosses the line wins. Even these people who lean their heads forward annoy me.

thx, Donald

>blatant cheating
>by not breaking the rules

unsportsmanlike? idk. to me it feels like match play in golf and making the opposing team putt out a gimme.
it happens, it's not against the rules, but...there's just something about it that doesn't sit right.

I watched the race live and even at full speed it had that slow motion effect like from somebody who is dying. I thought she was having a jammer right there.

She looks like her knee is supporting her.

If any part of your body touches except your feet touches the track between start and finish line you should be DQ'd.

I don't think so, it's legal so why don't they all do it?

Theres nothing to discuss.

>under Rule 165.1 (a) and (b), the time shall be taken to the moment at which any part of the body of an athlete (i.e. torso, as distinguished from the head, neck, arms, legs, hands or feet) reaches the vertical plane of the nearer edge of the finish line.

>If any part of your body touches except your feet touches the track between start and finish line you should be DQ'd.

Why? It's more impressive that you can win if that happens if anything.

Next they will try say she left her lane and that they know better than the Olympic officials

This is like the British bike dude all over again

BSA's are sad poor losers. Ironic considering they are preaching good sportsmanship

Because it's poor sportsmanship. It's a foot race. You win on your feet or you don't win at all.

If only they could strip the medal from this cheating bitch after they inevitably revise the rules to make this bullshit illegal.

>Next they will try say she left her lane
She did. But that was after the finish line.

I even had a large bet on Felix to beat her, but at least I recognize that she just did what she had to do

Very. Chimps gonna chimp.

>the Bahamas, a literal where jungle in the middle of the Amazon.

I'm over it. I partly blame Felix for cruising the first 200m that lead up to that situation. It was her last individual race, she should have ran like it.

Runners say its better to lean than to dive anyway, its not even faster

>being this mad about losing a medal
calm down lad

Lunging is common as fuck. It's not her fault the other racers didn't do it.

He tripped in that qualify. Floor was wet.

Yea, I guess the other racers just had too much integrity and self-respect.

Why would it be? I don't believe there's any rule against flinging yourself over the line.

What happened to you, America?

You used to be capitalistic as fuck. You would laugh at things like "integrity".

Integrity doesn't win.

You bunch of cuckolds.

>burgers lose
>BAN IT BAN IT BAN IT

This board is such a shithole during Olympics. Diving isn't new, and the only way you can win by diving is if your adversaries fuck up and slow down. It's not faster, it's what desperate people try when they know they have no chance.

Fuck, some people have always done that. A monkey got a lot of shit for saying on TV he always does it. It's a common tactic, it simply isn't banned because any real athlete would never fuck up and slow down when shit is tight.

It's quite funny actually, the land of freedom screaming "BAN IT!!!" as first thing when they lose.

C
U
C
K
S J W

>lose
>got silver

>brazlel
>2G,2S,2B

How much cash did you get from Lochte, mr ape escape?

>This amount of butthurt

my sides

She was stumbling and did the most efficient thing to still try and win the race.
She bet on herself and won.

Fuck off, especially considering you still let Gatlin run for you despite being a certified doping user.

>New meta

kek

>haha your country is bad!

Like I said, Olympics bring in trash like you. Diving Isn't new, it's not something with direct impact to any athlete.

I don't think it's part of the sportsman spirit diving at the end, but it doesn't mean we should change the rules for every unprepared athletes that fucks up at the end. You're as retarded as the faggot some time ago suggesting we should pad boxer's elbows so they wouldn't slip in.

What they should have is electronic sensor belts strapped to their waist that will register which one crosses first. Fencing does it like this, why can't track?

>new meta
I fucking lost it

Casuals OUT

If MJ says it wasnt, then it wasnt

What do you expect from niggers, OP?

Isn't it actually slower if you dive?

Its not against rules and not exactly unsportmanship either as long as you aren't affecting next lanes too much, but this might blow into an unsafe practice though with people hurting themselves in the fall or just getting run over by the person next to them.

I don't think there's anything wrong with current system.

Was the second place person American? I didn't even know. I just hate to see the sport defiled like this. Falling down is not an Olympic sport and should not be rewarded with a medal.

webm pls

yes, because your brain immediatly thinks you're going to hurt yourself so you fall slower
BUT if you going for a suicide jump it is faster, needs a fucking perfect mind tho

>Was the second place person American? I didn't even know
>i-i'm not mad i s-swear

DELET THIS

thank you

Yes. She didn't win because of the dive, she won because she was faster, period. If anything the dive took a few .01 from her time. But it's a nice symbolic image, so whatever. In the end that's the whole value of sports overall.

Tripped my ass. She looks over to see her competition and deliberately launches into a dive. Cheating duplicitous bitch should not only have her medal revoked but be banned from all future Olympics.

Diving for the line is never cheating stop being silly.

>it's the average fat retard amerishit episode

Diving isn't against the rules, burger.

He just needs to appease the British audience.

>cheating

How? She gave her all, and the American didn't.

One of them was worried and hesitant, the other was willing to give up everything for a shot at gold. Guess who won?

>you almost can feel the exact moment where her legs are full on lactic acid and give up.

THAT'S A FUCKING DIVE HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT fof je9w gjweporfj
poejrowjego
ig
gepgkw
g

sprinting is a total meme

and i cant believe more people dont do what she did

The rules need to be changed. I'm with on this, decide by winner's foot only.

I'm all for diving but you've gotta pay the price for it to count. If you get up and aren't missing a tooth or bleeding from a broken nose it should be minus 1 place

>lose
>"THE RULES SHOULD BE CHANGED!"

Classy

b8

It's a land race m8, if you want to dive go join the swimmers.

>we

>we can't swim
>too many swimming events!