DUDE

This made me uncomfortable/depressed. The guy is addicted and thinks he isn't because he was able to go 30 days without it.

He just seems sad.

t. mormon

I get what your saying, but if it in no way negatively effects his life, he enjoys it, and it's helped his career enormously why would/should he stop.

He is sad. He's the saddest most late to the party fucking sycophant I've ever seen. His whole show was laughably bad even having stanhope, joey diaz and even jack black on his shit.

poor guy didnt even smoke until his late 20s and he still latches on to DUDE culture and pretend actual stoners give a shit about strains or what the fuck you're smoking out of

and i want to punch his left eye to make them both match

If your whole purpose in life is consuming drugs and talking about consuming drugs it kinda shows how shallow you are. I mean anyone can smoke weed, he isn't even particulary funny.
Also it causes cancer and a number of respiratory diseases which means your death will most likely be suffocating for 2 weeks.

I didnt say he had to stop, its his life

Why though? Probably give himself time to sober up and ask himself why he needs to get high/why doesnt he enjoy sobriety

Eventually he'll realise he is depressed and he needs to work on that before relying on perma medication

But....but....weed doesn't cause cancer!!!! Weed cures cancer!!!!!!!

Haha it's so sad some people actually believe this.

he is very particulary funny ... thats how he manages to live like this ... he's very successful in what hes doing

think again, kid

You don't have to be good in order to make money. Granted he can be "funny", but he is in no way a comedic genius. Many people can be "funny".
The people who watch his show wouldn't watch it if its topic wasn't weed. That is its main appeal, which is my whole point. He isn't that funny, but his (shallow) topical humor makes money.

Most people agree he's the weakest comic in any show he hosts, he just somehow gets amazing guests.

he isn't funny and his show is embarrassing. any time he has a vaguely coherent guest, they seem taken aback by how tedious and deeply uninteresting both he and his show are. i honestly don't understand his appeal to an adult audience. he's amateurish and his material is trite and suss af.

He's a really bad host

>Talking over the guest
>Not pursuing interesting topics but instead ending every convservation in its tracks because ITS GABE TIME OR ITS TIME FOR THE MONKEY LIGHTER LOL

I think the guests have figured out it's a stupid show and a waste of time. He never gets anyone good anymore and when he does they come in a group because they want to spend time with each other, he's unbearable 1on1.

I heard he did a show at a festival and his jokes bombed, he blamed it on weed and got cheers. His weed smoking is just a gimmick, like stanhopes drinking. Its so stoners and alcoholics can listen to someone doing the same drug as them and convince themselves its funny because theyre just like them

Isn't it one of the shows that pays guests in PR?

I hate stoners btw.

He is ok when he is the guest on other podcasts.

what's the deal with the movies he does
>Super High Me
>The Greatest Movie Ever Rolled
>ChronicCon Episode 420 A New Dope

You ever listen to his standup sets chronologically? It's actually kinda sad watching the downward spiral

he's what happens when no one has the stomach to tell you you're bad.

Pot smokers are scum, the movie was pointless and not entertaining. The fact that when pot smokers create movies it always ends up the lowest end of the film chain while also feeling awkward, forced, and very tasteless.

I hate that this is becoming the norm now. I pray for our future as a whole.

>DUDE there's absolutely nothing wrong with inhaling large amounts of foreign substances into your lungs everyday

He is painfully not funny.

Summerfags pls go

>Dudes you're killing my buzz like that is not cool yo

If he were an alcoholic we could comment right? Or we can only do that for Doug Stanhope etc?

He's in his 50s and all he does is smoke weed and talk about smoking weed.
He has no personality whatsoever. Teenage stoners only watch him because he's congenial and they think weed is the coolest thing in the world.

>I'm a loser faggot that feels the need to project this hard to salve my butt pain

Stop trying to feel superior because you don't eat or smoke or drink a substance that someone else does.

Swell answer bro, just ignore the comparison between addiction of one drug with another because it makes you upset

Healthy, logical thinking mind

i haven't gone more than a couple days without smoking since i was like 20. this man is just plainly unfunny and boring.

I always find it funny when people use this as an argument against anything. I bet you still eat red and processed meats despite that they cause cancer. 99% of fucking potato chips "cause cancer", for christ sake.

Actually you dumb cunt I said you shouldn't try and act superior because you don't do any drug and someone else does obviously that includes alcohol. Please go play in traffic.

>Asking questions is 'acting superior'

man your brain is fucking retarded now, or always was, good work

>weed causes cancer
Care to back up your claim? Pretty sure if it did they would plaster that shit everywhere

anti-weed crusaders are just as bad as SJW's, I hope you realize

It's all about live and letting live...no one is better and in fact those who close themselves off from accepting that other people can enjoy different things than they do have the truly less evolved perception

I pray you fix your perspective on the world or you will have a truly depressing life

I don't shame people who smoke pot or drink to feel superior you dumb cunt. If you can't understand my point then you are in fact the retard.

Nobody cares about your faggot ass drug please kys

I've worked with enough pot smokers to say definitively they are useless pieces of shit. Always late, lazy, can barely pay attention. The only way I'd support legalization is if it's treated like alcohol. Show up to work with any in your system and you get fired on the spot. Fuck you lazy losers.

>STOP LIKING THINGS I DONT LIKE

smoking anything can cause cancer, just eat it or vape it or something lmao

You noticed people who come to work high. Degenerates. If someone after work unwinds with a j and plays videogames how does that affect you in any way? It doesn't. And you don't know about it. I guarantee you have co workers that blaze that don't advertise it. It's called not being retarded

Listen to his podcast Doug Love Movies instead it's way funnier

>cellphones cause cancer
>power lines and telephone lines cause cancer
>vehicle emission causes cancer
>eating certain foods raise risk for cancer
LOLOL WEED CAUSES CANCER YOU IDIOTS WHY WOULD YOU SMOKE DAT

Faulty comparison fallacy

Description: Comparing one thing to another that is really not related, in order to make one thing look more or less desirable than it really is.

The man doesn't even inhale. His show is nothing but a commercial and he wastes so much bud.

boring fucker

dude weed lmao

Weed and weed culture is so gay. Every pothead copies what they see on TV and stoners are the most unoriginal people to exist. They're exactly like that girl who is always saying "I'm not like every other girl". Stoners need to kill themselves. Especially the unfunny faggot Doug.

You're at risk for getting cancer simply by being alive; a cancer risk is basically unavoidable.

However, there are things that cause cancer more aggressively and acutely than others. Smoking anything will increase your probability of getting cancer by a very large amount.

>It's all about live and letting live...no one is better and in fact those who close themselves off from accepting that other people can enjoy different things than they do have the truly less evolved perception
>It's all about live and letting live...no one is better
>live and letting live...no one is better
>no one is better

This is what our world has to look forward to, a complete emasculated society of stationary drones.

coming to work high or smoking weed on the job is shitty behavior and shouldn't be tolerated. there's nothing wrong with people smoking pot at their own home

Doug Benson is retarded, unfunny, and just about everything he has done is terrible, but it has nothing to do with pot smokers or Doug Benson smoking pot. Doug Benson just isn't funny.

>shitposting on Sup Forums
>implies he might be better than anyone

If you post here, regardless of your life situation, you've done something wrong and you're worse off than normies in general.

>If your whole purpose in life is consuming drugs and talking about consuming drugs it kinda shows how shallow you are.
you should tell that to doctors and pharmacists

>doctor my kidneys are on fire
>420 blaze it faggot

>posting on Sup Forums makes you a bad person

Now whos shitposting? A person who makes millions of dollars is better than someone who makes 10 dollars an hour at fast food.

Someone who actually gives and helps society grow is better than someone who doesnt.

>Eyyyyy everything causes cancer so Just Do WhaTever The Fuck U wAnt LMAO
>Thanks Doc! #420

I specifically remember a scene in this movie when he talks to a legitimate doctor who states that smoking a plant is never going to be beneficial. I get the hate on dude weed culture, but there are a lot of worse things that people participate in. I smoke weed daily BTW.

DUDE WEED LMAO

dont let this thread die, its interesting

>tfw I use a Pax vaporizer

pretty sure his vastly more popular show is a movie trivia game show.

To me, the saddest thing about Doug Benson is how business oreinted his mind works. He is very very very good at the business side of comedy. He doesn't do 4:20 shows bc kek weed, or at least thats not the full reason, he does them because at that time almost every comedy club in the country can book him. They dont have to clear room, no one else is doing shows at that time. He is insanely good at plugs. From his dronelike cadence to announcing his audience to listen by yelling 'Dougs Plugs.' He seems off the cuff, or like hes apathetic about what he says or jokes about, but hes said several times off-show that he is afraid of mocking certain people or movies because he knows he wants/needs guests who were involved.

He is essentially the oposite of what i look for in a comic, which is someone who is only thinking about hammering our their jokes until their razor sharp, recording them, then tossing them out to start again.

Doug just travels around, doing calculations to ensure he'll always be making steady profit, and tells passibly funny jokes to an audienve around the world who LOVES when he even just says his own name.

So yea, I'm sure he wouldnt care that much that a bunch of people on a Sup Forums thread thinks it's sad he smokes too much weed.

He just gets high, thinks of ways he associate weed and weed culture into "clever" wordplay. Whichever he laughs at the most gets turned into a movie.

Is he really addicted to weed though? He suffered no effects whether stond 24/7 and a month dry. If this was "super Drunk me" or "Super heroin me". He would be dead if he tried to just "stop" either of those things.

he makes joke version of morgan spurlock vehicles. thats been the joke from the beginning.

>spending $300 for a device to smoke weed out of

good goy

Holy shit you just made me remember the WKYK sketch. Nothing but whiskey for 30 days

>it's helped his career enormously

it is his career. his comedic act would not exist without it. hes garbage that will always resort back to dude weed lmao and deserves no praise

>Weed cures cancer

the use of medical marijuana helps to relieve pain and restore appetite in cancer/chemo patients. it doesnt fucking cure it.

No...it is YOU THAT IS THE SHITPOSTER

you mean breathing? or else, explain why oxygen isn't "foreign" but weed is.

His whole stoner schtick gets old after 5 mins. Worst comedian.

weed smokers are plebs of the highest order.

The use of cannabanoids has been shown to reverse pancreatic and brain cancer in mice recently though

>The guy is addicted and thinks he isn't because he was able to go 30 days without it.
he isn't though. try to go 30 days without alcohol when you're genuinely addicted. you'll get hospitalized after a severe seizure attack, if you're lucky. he's just an obnoxious weed smoker

He's mostly not funny but I like his movie podcast

the thing that annoys me most about Doug is that since he is a fresh smoker, he has no idea or tact in handling trippers, Jack Black is a prime example, every time someone is feeling "bad vibes man" he just exasperates the situation.

oh shit! someone tell the doctors! how do they not know that the cure for cancer has been right under their nose all along!

youd have to listen for more than five minutes for him to even make a weed reference. That whole thing is baked into his celebrity. He mostly just makes nonsequitors about pop culture. His biggest crutch is probably that he uses the audience a lot, whether it's tweets or the people at the show. He really doesnt make many jokes ive ever noticed where weed was the setup, and even fewer where it was the punchline

the amount of stoner logic in this thread is really funny desu.

>dude weed is just like air

>gets the scientific method

When the highlight of your career is being a guest on VH1 Best Week Ever you know youve made some questionable life choices

what bait are you even trying to put out there? Flesh out this bait more, please.

Do stoners like him even exist anymore? Most weed users I know just use it to get them down from their addiction to Adderall they take for work.

There's a whole world out there, you know. You are either intensely out of touch, or just trying to hard to be funny.

>literally one post

>Inhaling smoke doesn't cause cancer
This is news to me user

vaporizing and edibles exist, friend.

weed isn't inherently carcinogenic.

Oh really? Tell us about your life, Brad Pitt

Those episodes where king jeselnik or based david cross just rip his stupid show apart while theyre on.

is it hard coping with face blindness?

Benson is a mess but i'm pretty sure if you can go 30 days without something you aren't really addicted. dependency maybe

>There are people who unironically support or even use marijuana on Sup Forums

Jesus Christ.

Stanhope seems like a genuine fuckup to me.

Most people do

not all, not even most, alcoholics suffer those kind of withdrawls

and yet he's still more successful than you

you are either out of touch, baiting, trying to be funny, or all of the above.

whether either or all, i would wager youre less healthy than Doug Benson, a 50 yr old man, and most likely on the upper percentile of unhealthy americans.

>used to be mega stoner
>training for new job
>3rd day or so
>lunch hour
>HMMM I GUESS I COULD HAVE A TINY BIT
>back to work blazed as fuck
>praying no one notices
>"okay guys so now we're going to be playing a game with upper management"
>HR lady, floor manager and main supervisor enter the room
>ohboy.jpg

Probably the stupidest thing I've ever done, never again. Still smoke after work though

>le silly adversary comic

when did success become objecive? beta opinion

yea. youre right. those people, weed wasnt their problem. they havent learned the importance of working hard yet. and the weed might be slowing down that process.

fuck off quentin

If success is measured in liver striations and lung tar, then yes