Bowie: "How about this, lads? How about we make a Scott Walker album but instead of it being dark...

>Bowie: "How about this, lads? How about we make a Scott Walker album but instead of it being dark, harrowing and innovative we take all that shit out and distill it into yet another bland pop album?"
>Me: "Wow. 10/10. AOTY 2016. So innovative. So progressive"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V01oQ_BsX00&
robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?name=Nicki Minaj
robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?name=Soulja Boy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Bowie died of cancer in january 2016

I wasn't going to bring that shit up. I know people were praising the fuck out of Blackstar even before he died. They were just as wrong then as they are now.

Just accept that you love a hack and that Scott Walker is too over your head.

>bland
Ok, 'pop' is understandable. I don't get how so many people call it blant.

It doesn't take the risks. Of course, Bowie never really "experimented," even on Heroes and Low.

Scott Walker is better than Bowie ever was.

I agree

Scaruffi gave Blackstar a 4.5/10.

havent' even listened to blackstar yet and dont know who the fuck scott walker is, just wanted to use that pic, genius.

what did he meant by this

>dont know who the fuck scott walker is
Go back to r/music, please

>his final album
>his most personal work
>no major creative collaborators
>completely centered on his forthcoming demise
>universally acclaimed and hailed as another masterpiece
>jazz-rock deemed as another bold style change and probably his most experimental work

I'm surprised Scaruffi didn't give it a 3/10, especially after ending it on such a line as "most amateurs would be ashamed to release it". Half the review was simply about how much he hates his aged vocals.

It's honestly one of very few albums I would give a 10/10 but i'm surprised Scaruffi doesn't hate it more

He gave it a 4/10

ok

Yea, it does sounds like Scott Walker, but it does a few things better than Scott Walker (and a few things worse). I mean it's ok for two artists to make similar music it's not like there's hundreds of albums with this sound, only a handful

Scott 1-4 are some of my favorite albums
blackstar was great
bitch botch sucks
fite me

i dont know why this post reminds me of this

Really accurate. Kind of spooky. It doesn't invalidate my point, mind.

>It's honestly one of very few albums I would give a 10/10
Just listen to Tilt already, man. Seriousl

>Scott Walker
bye rddit

>This is truly tragic news. A monumental loss. He was always beyond generous to me. Within our industry he was definitely the most important artist this country has ever produced.

-Scott Walker on Bowie's death.

kek, is so funny to see scott fans being so pretentious, the man himself liked Bowie.

oops

Dislike Blackstar as a work of art is not the same as disliking David Bowie as a person. Stop reaching, you'll dislocate something

*disliking

oops

>the most important artist this country has ever produced

he's not talking about him as a person there friendo

Was about to say this.

Accept that even your reddit tier hero Scott Walker fully acknowledges the genius of Bowie and stop replying.

>reddit tier hero Scott Walker
Now there's an insult that has lost all meaning. Is Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza reddit, too? How about Diamanda Galas? Is it just a free for all now? Is any music you dislike reddit?

This is the only good post in this thread.

Walker was Bowie's idol, he covered Nite Flights, it's okay to be influenced by them. Might as well post this, a birthday message from him to Bowie and he's really moved by it: youtube.com/watch?v=V01oQ_BsX00&

I remember you. the guy who called this album 'diet bish bosch'

please kill yourself

Since when is Scott Walker 'reddit-tier?' The fuck are you guys on

OP's complaint is against the claims that it's original when it isn't

>Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza
Fuck me that's reddit. Being reddit doesn't mean bad music, necessarily. It just stands for msuic which is le so deep dude xD. Pseudo-intellectual shit which tries painfully hard to be deep and meaningful.

Right, so it HAS lost all meaning. Gone the way of "fedora". It's not enough to call music shit now, you have to attempt to undermine it by linking it to a social group even when it doesn't make any goddamn sense.

>Scott Walker invented Jazz
also title track sounds more like Fever Ray than Scott Walker

how is this different then Sup Forums?

>jazz-rock deemed as another bold style change and probably his most experimental work
I puked. Who the fuck gets impressed by jazz rock on 2017

>dont know who the fuck Scott walker is

>Pop album
I don't like pop music either, hence I only enjoy 7 of his albums. I wouldn't really call Blackstar pop though. I understand that there are many people who are too afraid of thinking anything about music other then what Scaruffi thinks.

Outside of the pasta I have never read any Scruffy. More of a Christgau guy

>More of a Christgau guy
He's even worse. At least I can take Scaruffi seriously, but not too seriously.
robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?name=Nicki Minaj
robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?name=Soulja Boy

You're right. It sounds just like a Rihanna album.

You're right, it is universally accepted that music which is good enough to be popular is bad because nobody should agree on quality.

You're right. You are a special snowflake for listening to weird shit.

Good for you OP. You really too down David Bowie.

yes it does friendo.

Try to dial it back next time. This is not a good look on you... or anyone, really