Listened to this the first time, and man this ambient track really drags it down...

Listened to this the first time, and man this ambient track really drags it down, it so jarring compared to everything else and it drags on so much that it really takes me out of the album, any suggestions for appreciating it?

A broken water heater

What if I only like the ambient track and deleted all the other ones?

Like, on listening again, skipping the ambient track is so much better. I feel like the ambient track and the rest of the album would be things i'd listen to at completely different times

pleb

>this ambient track really drags it down
Pleb. You'll learn to appreciate it when you mature.

Care to actually explain?

There's on explanation here. It's a great track and he explains the reasoning behind such tracks on his Youtube videos. It breaks the mood of an otherwise violent album, calms the listener for the following and final track, it's as if it were a dream sequence. It also helps that it's repetitive and repetition is something I (and many, many, many others) enjoy in music. Plus, it's actually good.

Which, I should add and perhaps reserve for a future thread, he does in a very non-pretentious way very unlike other musicians who cannot help for the life of them avoid pretentiousness and eye-roll inducing arrogance regarding their creative process.

Det som engang var > s/t >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Filosofem

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to listen to it more. Ty for an actual response my dude

No problemo. It grows on you with time.

rundgang ummmm
die

I like putting that track on in bed when i'm really tired and want to go to sleep.I don't think that tracks meant to be "good" as you put it but rather create a state within in your mind that is almost hypnotic and takes you away from reality.When i hear certain notes and instruments being intruduce they kick off different visuals in my head if i'm invested enough. i usually imagine my self wandering in a forest or a cave.The synth notes are drips of water , the bass notes that slowly come in are creatures and the long syths is the wind blowing ect.. I'ts not the same every time but this is just a example.Heres a quote from from his website anyway that he trys to explain:

Burzum was an attempt to create (or "recreate" if You like) an imaginary past, a world of fantasy - that in turn was based on our Pagan past. Burzum in itself was a spell. The songs were spells and the albums were arranged in a special way, to make the spells work. Burzum was not intended for live-shows, but instead it was supposed to be listened to in the evening, when the sunbeams couldn't vaporize the power of the magic, and when the listener was alone - preferably in his or her bed, going to sleep.

That's what I was talking about. He might've been a kid when he made these, but there's no way to deny he was a gifted musician with a vision for his work.

Plus, he explains the reasoning behind it, so it's not like there's room for speculation as to why he'd make half the Filosofem album a repetitive synth track.

watch gummo kek

ambient burzum is best burzum

I imagine Decrepitude I is played as you submerge into a cold, sepia toned, lake and Rundtgåing av den transcendentale egenhetens stott is played as you stay submerged in the lake, paralyzed and unable to die.

The lake is only about 3 feet deep and you are only about a foot underneath the surface, but you're submerged horizontally. You are close to the shore and all you need to do to reach the surface is to just get up, but you are paralyzed, unable to move, stuck in the lake. Little glimmers of light peak through the brown water as seaweed brushes against your body.

You remain in the lake for years, unable to die, but forever suffering.

Decrepitude II closes the album off as your body decays into nothingness, and your dust flows through the lake for the rest of eternity.

At-least that's how I interpret it.

What do you eat to survive for years?

funyuns

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss > Anything else

Varg intended people to listen to his albums as they were falling asleep. So try that.

I skip the track. If I ever want to listen to it, I just listen to the first 5 minutes.

The ambient track is the last track on the album Filosofem.

Umm, no it's not. Gebrechlichkeit II is the final track on the album, and I wouldn't call it ambient.

It's not

>German title

DESU Dunkelheit sounds more like post-hardcore than Black Metal. Imagine the guitar tone was something normal and the vocals weren't bm vocals. It's like something Unwound might've written.