Other urls found in this thread:

grrm.livejournal.com/327569.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>wake up dizzy and tired
>trip
>impaled by a sword

Game of Plebs was a mistake.

left looks retarded

The high fantasy shit is the worst part of GoT.

if you die by falling onto a pile a swords, you deserve to die.

>le reeee

this

it's because D&D can't handle it. Someone else should've been in charge of the show.

Jews needed a recognisable easily marketable representation.

Noone wears a helmet in the show either, I distinctly recall in the books they had very ornate designs too and they just did away with that because muh actors need recognition

Show version has an iconic and stylish look, and it actually looks like a throne. Book version just looks silly

The hound had his helmet in the first season, but that's about it. I wish they would have Ramsay wear his red helmet for bastardbowl but that's not gonna happen

Left isn't practical. Right has a style that works

Why don't you go back in time 5 years and make this thread? Why don't you focus on getting a good job instead of blaming D&D for your failures? Why??

A king actually died that way

Yeah,
Was literally the point of the chair. It's meant to be a constant reminder that ruling is a duty, not a privilege. It was intended to be sharp and uncomfortable so that a ruler never gets too comfortable in his role.

If you were drunk/stupid enough to fall and impale yourself, clearly you're not meant to rule

Defeats entire reason it's made of swords.

Aegon made it in a way so that you couldn't lean back on it or you'd get impaled, a symbol of the hardship of being a king, much like Damocles' sword

>Allowing an entire nation of senseless pirates to exist (at least the Vikings farmed)
>Steppe nomads don't even use bows
>Thinly populated continent the size of South America is one kingdom

>left fan art
>right official work approved by rmmmartin

No king should sit his throne tired

Only 1 in 10 ironborn are Vikings, much like the actual Vikings, which was a profession and not a nationality.

The majority of the islands fish, mine or herd goats

They can't even afford the CGI for the direwolves, I don't know what happened but HBO has been slashing budgets since rome.

Budget and practicality, you retard.

>I don't know what happened
People are stealing the series on the internet.

Martin actually said he liked the left one better, but D&D thought it was too silly

They should have made the chair have some sword sticking out added to the tv show chair. Trying to make a chair like the left would take a lot of time and might not be doable on a tv show budget when they need that money for other resources

And there was Roberts Stag-Helmet in a background shot I think

This

/thread

If the throne was fuckhuge, the Littlefinger couldn't have his ebin line about how there aren't even 200 blades

Game of Thrones, pirated or not, makes more money than any HBO show ever and it's blu ray sales are the same.

yet they have been cutting the budget every season since season 4

Too bad Martin is too much of a pussy to do anything about it

Having seen the real chair in person its a plastic cast mold, it would be almost impossible to make a mold of the left version. The chair has broken several times and had to be replaced, imagine trying to replace something like the left one.

The main cast are able to negotiate for more every season I'd imagine, it's not like Daario who had 15 minutes of air time before getting replaced.

Go back to bed dabid

Actors demand more and more with every season.

I'm guessing that's why they purged a large amount of their cast

>

Are you people so fucking ignorant that you don't understand production limitations?

lord of the rings made castles and shit with less of a budget than got

If the one on the left was what they really used they'd have a new king every two weeks because there would be accidental deaths literally all the time.

>they have been cutting the budget every season since season 4

But this is the most expensive season at $100 million. Why do you lie?

Nope.

LOTR's budget was 180 mil, GOT has 20 mil

What a dick

K, Sup Forums

>lord of the rings made castles
No they didn't

Nah LotR is around 180 mil and GoT is something like 20~mil. Also elaborating on the prop budget again, the budget for candles is massive (I cant specify, but keep an eye out for the candles on screen ,they are special "church candles" which give of a larger than normal flame but cost an arm and a leg to buy, they stock millions of them) and they actually made the icewall in the studio, full scale, you can walk around ontop of the camp atop it. Same with the castles, all fully built and you can walk around inside them. Their being frugal with the budget because they have to make and film in so many different places and sets over a very long period.

Dont take me for defending GoT but what theyve done with that budget is actually kindof impressive.

GRRM has no sense of scale.
Ice Wall is also retarded.

This.

Too big, took awkward lookinv. Shit hardly looks safe to sit on either.

He's a bona fide retard.

He wrote that the Wall was 700 feet, then when the show made it exact he got mad at how big it was

That's the point

agreed it is exaggerated but it was not supposed to be safe to sit. it was supposed to remind the king about his enemies

read the whole conversation, you fucking twat

Less is more.

It was made by an insane person who conquered the world with dragons.

It was forged and designed by smiths and dragons, not craftsmen.

Its dangerous and burdensome to sit on, just as it is dangerous and burdensome to rule

How about you read a motherfuckin book

not in this case. The iron throne is supposed to show everyone what a crazy fucker the mad king was.

Lol for real?

Your mistake is one thing.

The series does not follow the books.

But why do the last seasons feel so cheap compared to the first ones when their budget increased? I'm sure there's an explanation but I don't get it.

It's not fan art. It's a picture approved by Martin for his World of Ice and Fire book, which has art of various locations and events that most closely resemble martins description

Yeah

So?

>he got mad
>oh I may have made the wall too big!
are very different things, you fucking faggot

Both look awful.

The whole sword throne gimmick is shit at it's core though so there's not much they could have done.

ITT: Hipster who got into the books because of how much they loved the show post about how shit the show is.

Please tell this is the last season and the fucking spam stops on Sup Forums soon

>he doesn't know that GRRM has anger management issues and friendly yells at fans

Maybe two more seasons. Next year is apparently 7 episodes instead of the usual 10.

>'m'lord, our soldiers need new swords for theirs have rusted and become brittle!"
>fuck you faggot. Respect the throne.

Dumb.

He could've taken a simple throne, and stuck a few daggers on it and it would've done the same job but without wasting all those swords.

The left does look pretty bitchin' though.

so you sperging out like a fatfuck autist is completely pointless

no one fucking cares about the books

it was made with the swords of his enemies, faggot

jesus, he didn't do anything wrong, you fucking cunt. He just explained why it looks the way it does.

>Game of thrones has been halfassed as fuck since day one...
Who knew?!

>...and is getting worse every day

Left looks like a stack of hay. Right actually looks cool.

grrm.livejournal.com/327569.html

How would they even get the thing on the left into the room?
Or out of it, for that matter?

Or build it at all, they don't know anything about welding do they?

Could have been forged in the throne room itself.

And you do realize it was made with dragonfire right?

Why do you even bother giving your opinion if you don't know what the topic is about?

>Could have been forged in the throne room itself.
Yeah and then they took down the forge and cleaned everything up?
That's even more ridiculous than the chair itself.

>And you do realize it was made with dragonfire right?
I seriously doubt that dragons can provide a flame of adequate quality.
A welding flame doesn't just need heat.

there's magic involved and they never really explain how it was made. Just roll with it.

The magic we have seen so far is rather underwhelming and near certainly not capable of welding.

>implying the Mad King built the Iron Throne

>samefagging to come to your own defense

autism at its worst, boi

This is why showfags are the typical murican audience

The left pic is an artist depiction of the Iron Throne from the books, right one from the show.

Obviously millions of people have read the book and know that difference by now. Stop acting smart, you are not.

Gurrrrm dick Eater detected

Even though I would prefer left over right:

>Smaller budget at the time of Season 1
>The person sitting there would be waaaaay higher than the rest of the set, which would hinder scene composition, make it a bitch to shoot.
>Being a large set piece in Season 1 it would have to be practical to shoot around, seeing as lots of important scenes are shot in the throne room
>Show throne is overall more iconic and, ultimately, more believable

It's like you don't even use your brain cells

Read the books, or just the lore from asoiaf. Theu just collected the swords from fallen enemies and melted some of them together to form a rudimentary throne.

The point was not to build a comfortable chair, instead it was about showing what happens to anyone who opposes Targaryen rule.

No need for good welding technique, as long as they stick together it was good to go.