So are we just going to ignore that Animal Collective did this years before Eno with "transverse temporal gyrus" and...

So are we just going to ignore that Animal Collective did this years before Eno with "transverse temporal gyrus" and arguably did it better?

>$39.99
are you fucking serious

anyway anco are not the first to have a stab at endless algorothmic music. pretty sure Eno has even done this before

>AnCo
>free program

>Eno
>40 dollar app

>40 dollar app that won't be usable in a decade
>doesn't even include mp3s
Barf

I think the difference is that it seems Eno intends for us all to talk around town with this literally playing out of our butts

What did I just read

It sounds suspiciously good coming directly out of my phone speaker. Then not only is there a phone app but it's correlated literally to the sky? Too much of a coincidence. He's going for some massive scope Zaireeka type thing.

and sorry i didnt even catch my typo till now

talk = walk

TTG isn't available anymore is it though?

The computer app is I believe

>anyway anco are not the first to have a stab at endless algorothmic music.
this

>literally costs 40 dollars
What the fuck was he thinking?

have you posted this almost verbatim in another thread?

yes except this is the first time I've said it correlates literally to the sky

Reflection is much more complex (and infinitely more listenable) than TTG. Though I agree that the price is far too high for something which will stop being supported in a few years.

>t-the m-music industry is dying, please support poor artists like me
And baby boomers will fall for the meme once again.

I think the rationale was
>You'd pay £10 for a CD version, but with this you're effectively getting infinite music so it should cost three times as much
The problem is I don't think they accounted for the lack of support the app will get, meaning that the 'true' version of the album will disappear forever in a few years.

Post other artists who have made endless ambient music apps before AnCo

This.
People will be lucky if the app works on their phones in three to four years, it should include the MP3 version at the very least for that ridiculous price.

Eno & Chilvers were making them for years before AnCo. And Eno had been making algorithmic ambient for years before that.

Also TTG isn't really generative ambient. Firstly it isn't ambient in sound at all. Also all it does is play pre-recorded sounds at randomised intervals. Reflection is doing much more than that.

>post other artists who made apps
>doesn't

>all it does is play pre recorded sounds at randomized intervals
No it does much more than that, samples are slower/faster, the intervals aren't random, the volume/audio channels are different every time, the track will sometimes have a different sonic palette/focus, it's more complicated than you make it seem. And just because it doesn't sound like Eno's ambient or typical ambient, doesn't make it not ambient

>>doesn't
...Can you not read? Chilvers put out his first one four years before AnCo.

>samples are slower/faster, the intervals aren't random, the volume/audio channels are different every time, the track will sometimes have a different sonic palette/focus
All those things are incredibly trivial and easy to accomplish. The point with Reflection is that it's all generative - no pre-recorded samples, no repetition, and completely new sounds and ideas are constantly being created by the software.

>just because it doesn't sound like Eno's ambient or typical ambient, doesn't make it not ambient
>just because it doesn't sound like ambient doesn't make it not ambient
It has ambient sections but the piece as a whole features too many loud, jarring and abrasive samples and progresses/changes far too quickly to be classified as ambient.