Volunteers mass quitting during the Rio Olympics

olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/olympic-volunteers-quitting-because-long-hours-lack-food.html

Other urls found in this thread:

ft.com/cms/s/0/70f8b4c4-d3e0-11e4-99bd-00144feab7de.html
frombrazil.blogfolha.uol.com.br/2013/03/22/what-is-middle-class/
latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2012/09/20/brazil-middle-class-swells-as-35-mn-climb-out-poverty/
reuters.com/article/us-brazil-middle-specialreport-idUSBRE9620DT20130703
stuff.co.nz/sport/olympics/82914903/australian-olympic-rowing-coaches-robbed-at-knifepoint-as-rio-safety-fears-mount
news18.com/news/olympics/rio-sorry-as-denmark-athletes-robbed-at-olympic-village-1277546.html
edition.cnn.com/2016/08/01/sport/fire-thefts-olympic-village/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/05/team-gb-athletes-ban-brazilian-cleaners-from-entering-their-room/
rt.com/news/354897-russian-fans-house-robbed/
rt.com/news/355005-portugal-minister-robbed-rio/
breitbart.com/sports/2016/08/06/two-shot-dead-rio-olympic-sites/
petapixel.com/2016/08/05/olympic-photographer-robbed-rio-40k-gear-stolen-10-seconds/
standard.co.uk/sport/sport-olympics/rio-olympics-2016-greg-rutherford-has-mobile-phone-stolen-after-winning-bronze-a3319971.html
g1.globo.com/hora1/noticia/2016/08/morre-soldado-da-forca-nacional-baleado-por-traficantes-no-rj.html
oglobo.globo.com/rio/operacao-no-complexo-da-mare-deixa-um-morto-dois-feridos-19900363
oglobo.globo.com/rio/onibus-incendiado-apos-tiroteio-com-tres-mortos-um-ferido-19904500
reuters.com/article/us-olympics-rio-problems-idUSKCN10M21J
reuters.com/article/us-olympics-rio-basketball-m-idUSKCN10M2N2
nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11692538
reuters.com/article/us-sport-doping-brazil-olympics-idUSKCN10G0FZ
mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/swimmer-ryan-lochtes-freshly-bleached-8606918
washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/08/10/water-polo-players-complain-of-burning-eyes-after-rio-officials-attempt-to-treat-green-pool-water/
newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/11/evi-van-acker-guanabara-bay/
baka.com.au/sport/olympics/rio-2016/rio-2016-john-coates-says-this-olympics-is-the-most-difficult-he-has-encountered-20160811-gqqpko.html
balkaninsight.com/en/article/montenegro-officials-robbed-at-gunpoint-in-rio-08-10-2016
nbcnews.com/card/australian-olympic-rowing-coaches-robbed-knifepoint-n624646?cid=sm_fb
jyllands-posten.dk/sport/ol/badminton/ECE8910960/viktor-axelsen-maatte-sunde-sig-efter-fald-gennem-gulv-ved-ol-i-rio/
miamiherald.com/news/business/technology/article95019742.html
eurosport.co.uk/water-polo/rio/2016/olympics-rio-2016-too-much-chlorine-stings-water-polo-players-after-second-pool-turns-green_sto5717439/story.shtml
extracrispy.com/drinks/559/there-is-no-coffee-in-the-olympic-village?xid=partner_greatist
theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/11/rio-2016-criticised-sonny-bill-williams
demorgen.be/sport/coach-evi-van-acker-zeer-waarschijnlijk-ziek-door-vuil-water-bd6d039b/
telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/08/10/empty-arenas-at-rio-olympics-2016-give-organisers-cause-for-worr/
horseandhound.co.uk/rio-2016-olympics-news/first-dutch-horse-arena-rio-olympics-dressage-retired-586865
twitter.com/AnonBabble

JUST.

We coup now.

>without a hitch

damn huehues still won't admit they've fucked these olympics up massively

They aren't really quitting. They only volunteered to get the uniform and clock, so they can sell it at a high price in the internet as a souvenir.

do you brazilfags ever get tired of defending this clear shitshow?!

no

It's going without a hitch tho.
No, because it makes most of this board mad as fuck.

If only more volunteers had met their Spar Trajkovic

Clear bait thread but most will bite anyway

Good. IOC could very likely afford to pay all these workers. I hope more quit. Still haven't seen how them quitting is affecting the games.

>I- I was just pretending to be retarded, joke's on you, hehe

>Sponsors are going to make money off the Olympics
>Constructors are going to make money off the Olympics
>Media is going to make money off the Olympics
>Athletes are going to make money off the Olympics

Is it correct to say that volunteers in the Olympics are retarded?

The problem is that you just expect us to agree with you and roll over, that's not going to happen.

Are you out of excuses for the low attendance yet?

>the tickets are too expensive
>no one actually cares about any of these bullshit disciplines
>why would I go watch a sport anyway??!? let me post about how stupid watching sports is on a dedicated sport discussion image board which I attend regularly
>it was too cold and rainy, who'd go
>it was too hot, why would I go look at some people running lol
>

The main excuse is that we don't care about most sports. 85% of the tickets were sold, money is not the problem. People just don't give a fuck about meme sports.

OLIVED

that was included in my list, come up with something new

It's not a excuse when it's the truth. People go, watch a bit, see it's boring as fuck and then leave to eat outside or go to the beach.

>let's buy a ticket and not show up

What?

Also it's the fucking olympics. Anything below 99% of all tickets sold is a disaster.

>money is not the problem.

It is a problem. Stop damage controlling.

>Brazil’s Secretariat of Strategic Affairs last defined “middle class” in 2012 as anyone living in a household with per capita income of R$291-R$1,019 ($99-$347) per month, although definitions vary slightly across the country’s institutions.
ft.com/cms/s/0/70f8b4c4-d3e0-11e4-99bd-00144feab7de.html

>One friend of mine, from a favela in Rio, complains bitterly that she and her family are now considered ‘middle class’ while they face exclusion, hardship, and even open prejudice and racism every single day. The government is right to include her in the demographic middle class. But she’s also very right.
frombrazil.blogfolha.uol.com.br/2013/03/22/what-is-middle-class/

>The document, produced by the Presidential Office of Strategic Affairs, sets a per capita monthly income of 291 reais ($75) as the threshold for middle class status.
latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2012/09/20/brazil-middle-class-swells-as-35-mn-climb-out-poverty/

>The very notion of middle class in Brazil is quite different from the standards of North America and Western Europe.
>Instead, the term is used broadly to include almost anyone able to pay rent, put food on the table and perhaps pay a monthly installment on the refrigerator, microwave or television that Brazil's government often touts as a sign of their emergence. The so-called "Classe C," the bottom rung of Brazil's middle class, earns as little as 1730 reais a month, about $430, and, unlike the much-smaller upper middle class, relies largely on public transportation, health services and schools.
reuters.com/article/us-brazil-middle-specialreport-idUSBRE9620DT20130703

I don't know why you keep repeating it, it is the worst excuse. I don't know why the IOC expects the thirds world countries to be even slightly cultured.

Nice articles but where does it say anything about ticket sales. They were sold, people are just not going and the IOC refuses to give the rest to schoolchildren.

>They were sold, people are just not going
heh, honorary American for all the shit you produce

CUTE

sudacas already consider themselves 'american' because they're too but hurt to admit the seven continent model is the correct one

The mayor tried to buy the tickets from the IOC, but the courts prohibited it for electoral reasons. That's a win for us, as they would be bought with our money.

I'm quite certain if the Olympics were in any European city, all events would be filled out, yes even the "boring" ones. You know why? Because people would come for the atmosphere and the experience, because it's a massive fucking event for which athletes and fans from all around the world come.

But since Rio is a hellhole where most people are happy if they're not being shot by black 15 year olds, you can't understand these concepts.

>That's a win for us, as they would be bought with our money.
You're financing these entire Olympic Games without even seeing a single centavo of tax paid by the IOC.
What a win for you.

Blame the IOC.

It's in the article. Those fucks have $900 per diem and don't provide shit for the volunteers?!

Fuck them. This is not on Rio. Fuck IOC.

I didn't want these olympics when they were announced. Glad that we didn't give away more money for giving away tix.

>Glad that we didn't give away more money for giving away tix.

>spend 10 Billion bucks on Olympics
>"i'm glad that they didn't spend a hundred grand more"

It was actually 5 billion USD. The IOC says ticket sales are on target (don't know why empty seats, but can speculate). And yes, I am glad we don't spend more money on it.

Just imagine how bad the paralympics are gonna be.
Channel 4 UK is gonna have a field day.

Never watched a paralympics. Never cared for it either. Don't think any brazilian cares. Unaware if anyone in the world actually watches it.

Paralympics in RIO? Will they include those with Zika?

>Don't think any brazilian cares.
You dont, thats why its going to be so entertaining for me. Ch4 in the UK is going to make olympic officials squirm when shit goes wrong in the Paralympics.

Why the hell are people trying so hard to make the Olympics look like a disaster? Even Sup Forums isn't this autistic about it.

So far there were issues with the village, public attendance and the water color, but those are minor problems. I get you guys were expecting terrorist attacks, zika outbreaks and riots, but getting so pissed because people didn't get hurt is just ridiculous.

I came to Rio expecting to get robbed at least, but so far it's going great. Your soldiers are chill as fuck and quite good at keeping shit at bay. You monkeys did a good job.

Awesome. The IOC needs a kick in the butt. Not that they will give a shit since they will keep on doing what they do, which is filling their pockets.

Cops here are anything but chill af. Army has to be tho (and they are deployed to intimidate, not act).
I think the banter here is just for lolz. Some people are butthurt with the crowds. But the games are going on without any significant problems.

watch weightlifting now.
The crowd is a absolute disgrace

???
kys

>pay a monthly installment on the refrigerator, microwave or television

BUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

BUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

funny, i am watching that now too. people are cheering big for the georgian.

>I came to Rio
Where are you from?

I live here.

dont forget that coach that got killed in the hue taxi when they crashed into a wall

People die in car accidents. Sorry.

I'm from Bolivia.

I'd be surprised if there were no accidents and robberies at all, after all, only counting the athletes there are 10 thousand, and it's Rio.

From what I've seen, the only way someone could possibly get robbed is by going near ghettos or being extremely unlucky, security is quite tight. Last time I came here you could still find kids roaming about in big traffic areas.

>me on the right

There was the car crash and the Lochte mugging. I wish we had more deets on that mugging, but he didn't file a police report so we'll never know.
Don't kid yourself tho. Muggings happen to the richfags in copa/ipanema/leblon more often than you think.

And the country host is also retarded that doomed the finances of a city to make money for those jews.

>Greek official suffers $11,000 theft and Australian rowing coaches robbed at knifepoint as Rio crime targets Olympics
stuff.co.nz/sport/olympics/82914903/australian-olympic-rowing-coaches-robbed-at-knifepoint-as-rio-safety-fears-mount

news18.com/news/olympics/rio-sorry-as-denmark-athletes-robbed-at-olympic-village-1277546.html

edition.cnn.com/2016/08/01/sport/fire-thefts-olympic-village/

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/05/team-gb-athletes-ban-brazilian-cleaners-from-entering-their-room/

rt.com/news/354897-russian-fans-house-robbed/

rt.com/news/355005-portugal-minister-robbed-rio/

breitbart.com/sports/2016/08/06/two-shot-dead-rio-olympic-sites/

petapixel.com/2016/08/05/olympic-photographer-robbed-rio-40k-gear-stolen-10-seconds/

standard.co.uk/sport/sport-olympics/rio-olympics-2016-greg-rutherford-has-mobile-phone-stolen-after-winning-bronze-a3319971.html

Rio 2016: Soldier that got shot in the head died today
g1.globo.com/hora1/noticia/2016/08/morre-soldado-da-forca-nacional-baleado-por-traficantes-no-rj.html

An operation was carried out to avenge his death:
oglobo.globo.com/rio/operacao-no-complexo-da-mare-deixa-um-morto-dois-feridos-19900363

As a revenge for the attack on the favela, a bus was burned:
oglobo.globo.com/rio/onibus-incendiado-apos-tiroteio-com-tres-mortos-um-ferido-19904500

>Rio organizers put on brave face as Games problems pile up
reuters.com/article/us-olympics-rio-problems-idUSKCN10M21J

>something explodes and Spain x Nigeria basketball arena has to be evacuated
reuters.com/article/us-olympics-rio-basketball-m-idUSKCN10M2N2

>first Chinese athlete caught doping
nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11692538

>Brazil athletes not dope-tested ahead of Rio : report
reuters.com/article/us-sport-doping-brazil-olympics-idUSKCN10G0FZ

>Ryan Lochte's hair turns green too just like the swimming pool
mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/swimmer-ryan-lochtes-freshly-bleached-8606918

>Water polo players complain of burning eyes after Rio officials attempt to treat green pool water
washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/08/10/water-polo-players-complain-of-burning-eyes-after-rio-officials-attempt-to-treat-green-pool-water/

>Belgian Becomes First Sailor To Fall Ill During Olympics After Sailing Rio’s Polluted Waters
newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/11/evi-van-acker-guanabara-bay/

>John Coates says this Rio Olympics is the 'most difficult' he has encountered
>The pointed take follows his stinging declaration, in April 2014, that the host city's preparations were "the worst" he'd experienced; topping Athens in 2004.
baka.com.au/sport/olympics/rio-2016/rio-2016-john-coates-says-this-olympics-is-the-most-difficult-he-has-encountered-20160811-gqqpko.html

Montenegro's Olympic Committee officials robbed at gunpoint, car hijacked in Rio
balkaninsight.com/en/article/montenegro-officials-robbed-at-gunpoint-in-rio-08-10-2016

Australian Olympic Rowing Coaches Robbed at Knifepoint
>Two Australian Olympic rowing coaches were robbed at knifepoint Friday night while walking between hotels in Ipanema, a spokesperson for Australia's Olympic Committee confirmed Saturday.
nbcnews.com/card/australian-olympic-rowing-coaches-robbed-knifepoint-n624646?cid=sm_fb

Danish athlete fell through the floor into a small hole during practice in Rio
jyllands-posten.dk/sport/ol/badminton/ECE8910960/viktor-axelsen-maatte-sunde-sig-efter-fald-gennem-gulv-ved-ol-i-rio/

miamiherald.com/news/business/technology/article95019742.html

>'Argh, my eyes!': Rio chiefs turn water polo pool blue again... but end up stining athletes' eyes
eurosport.co.uk/water-polo/rio/2016/olympics-rio-2016-too-much-chlorine-stings-water-polo-players-after-second-pool-turns-green_sto5717439/story.shtml

>There Is No Coffee in the Olympic Village
extracrispy.com/drinks/559/there-is-no-coffee-in-the-olympic-village?xid=partner_greatist

>Rio criticised after Sonny Bill Williams waits 90 minutes for ambulance
theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/11/rio-2016-criticised-sonny-bill-williams

>Belgian sailor most likely contracted infection from contaminated water (Dutch, translation in comments)
demorgen.be/sport/coach-evi-van-acker-zeer-waarschijnlijk-ziek-door-vuil-water-bd6d039b/

>Empty arenas at Rio Olympics 2016 give organisers cause for worry
telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/08/10/empty-arenas-at-rio-olympics-2016-give-organisers-cause-for-worr/

>Dutch dressage team down by one after horse bitten and contracts 'body full of toxic fever'
horseandhound.co.uk/rio-2016-olympics-news/first-dutch-horse-arena-rio-olympics-dressage-retired-586865

Patético

>Expecting Rio to have security for an international even when cariocas don't have security in their lives.

Your expectations were way to high lad.

thanks based brazilbro, it's nice at least one of you isn't a subhuman huemonkey in total denial about what a complete and utter shitshow these games have been

His research is missing the multiple shootouts this week which killed at least 7 & wounded many more in the ghettos. But he did mention Lochte's hair turning green and some celeb having difficulty to get an ambulance. Hey, at least he ain't complaining about the booing.

She's not a looker, but that's cute as fuck