Language battle thread

Let's try to compare Spanish and English to figure out which is more primitive and dry, and which is richer. My bet is on Spanish as English is very rigid and lacks diminutive forms for adjectives.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Portuguese_and_Spanish
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*Autism thread
FTFY

Forgot to mention that descendants of subhuman tribes are not welcome on here.

>Can turn a noun into a verb easily
English wins by default, that gimmick is really good for neologisms. You can kinda do it in Spanish too but shit looks unnatural most of the time.

We do that too. Googlear.

Then why did you create this post?

Could it possibly be that you're referring to me as a subhuman? Where are your manners? Should I remind you whose country's slowly turning into a muslim shithole?

Googlear is literally the only one that sounds somewhat ok. Spanish just doesn't work that way.

Yours managed it without the muslims

But in the long run, indeed, you're fucked for good.

Nismanear

Rekt worse than Crimea

let's not go there. It's your own thread after all...

what I miss the most in english is the formality/honorifics stuff. Since they only have "you" and no "usted" or an equivalent, the language always feels less polite.
On the other hand spanish is not as over-the-top as japanese with the honorifics/formality stuff. Just the right amount of it.

Let's see which language is richer..

>Spanish
>spoken by a billion poor people

>English
>spoken by a billion rich people

Well, I guess that settles it.

The verdict: English sucked a cock.

No wonder you hate the English language. You're terrible at it.

So, now it doesn't right?

No, I'm actually very good at it. And as for you, you sucked a cock too with a swallow.

It definitely used to before the enrichment.

This is the biggest advantage of English over romance languages.

Language as a communication tool is English's game.

On the other hand, it's a very mathematical and dry language, and English literature is fairly weak compared to romance. Sure, it's more spread since more people speak it, but language as an artform is out of England's reach.

English poetry is good for limericks and little else. Even Shakespeare is about so-so, literature wise when compared to the great Italian, Spanish, French and Portuguese writers.

Sure, he was very important to the anglo world and the English language, but there are limits to the precision of the English language that it just can't overcome.

I'm glad I can speak both, desu.

que pasa con vo cochino qlo hoydia comiste tierra perkin qlo calmao no ma que esta wea toavia no termina importante que te vea cochino qlo porke ahora si ke vay a cooperar cochino qlo hoydia te fusite too golpiao cochino qlo calmao no ma soi el que te charchetea wn perkin. N.A

post that doujin in chilean spanish

Macho, ni puta idea.

Are you the same Ukranian that has delusional dreams of moving to Mexico?

What are the main distinct differences between Portuguese and Spanish aside from pronunciation?

kek, sure it's me

Here, I simplified your image for you

>Nobody cares what canadians outside of Québec think.

Portuguese looks much nicer in writing. It's also the superior language.

Now, take a look at the pictures of Spain and then the UK. See the difference?

Hard to say. English has more words in dictionary than Spanish.
But Spanish people seems to use more different words in everyday language than English people though.

Actually, it's commonly said as:

Pai nosso, que estais nos céus,
santificado seja o Vosso nome.
Venha a nós o Vosso Reino.
Seja feita a Vossa vontade,
Assim na Terra, como no Céu.
Perdoai as nossas ofensas,
Assim como nós perdoamos a quem nos ofendeu.
E não nos deixeis cair na tentação,
Mas livrai-nos do Mal.
Ámen.

you probably got it from some sort of brazilian evangelical church, not from the official catholic european portuguese version said in mass

Writing wise? Not much.

I could explain it all, but we have more contractions and less Arabic and more Suebi influence (for real, not muh whiteness memes):

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Portuguese_and_Spanish

But I'd say it's about 80% the same. Spoken it's much more different, and Spanish seems more similar to Italian than Portuguese.

That's just because Encyclopaedia Britannica never removes words it puts in.

to be fair that doesnt mean much to have a lot of words when you at most use 10k of them . 21k is the average amount most english speakers know anyway

>torrentear
>judeizar
>ser moreados/negreados/martinezados
Que se pueda formar no implica que suene bien o práctico. En inglés suena siempre natural porque la palabra no cambia, el pero el número de sustantivos en español que puedes transformar en verbos sin que te quede una memepalabra es mucho más limitado. No es tan flexible.

El español gana en lo prosaico como dice el tuga.

>Québec
Je suis pure laine néo-brunswickois

TL;DR:

Spanish > English > Chilean