Nottingham Forest fan here

Nottingham Forest fan here
>Champions of England in 1978
>Champions of Europe in 1979 and 1980
>Won some League Cups and almost got to the UEFA Cup final in 1984
>Finished 3rd in the Premier League in 1995
>Relegated from the Premier League in 1999, never came back
>Relegated to League 1 in 2005, thankfully got back into the championship in 2008
>Almost got promoted in 2010 and 2011
>Ever since we've became an average Championship team going nowhere
>Derby 5 - 0 Forest
>Transfer embargo
>Leicester City destroyed the Premier League and humiliated every other club

Is it fair to say that I've lost patience with my favourite team after nearly 20 years of mediocrity? Should I just look for another team to support? Has anyone here changed their favourite team?

are you the paki from beaver falls?

Are you fucking serious? Your team is your team, you horrible plastic cunt. I'm unironically disgusted.

no

>t. loyal Man U supporter

>giving up because your club isn't winning European trophies any more

Pathetic

Nigga does this flag look Chinese to you?

>giving up on the tricky trees

you aren't worthy to walk the same stands as cloughie did before us

>Should I just look for another team to support?

m890 just look other teams like Luton, Millwall, West Ham, Leeds, Derby, Watford, Crystal Palace, Wolves, Cardiff, Swansea, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Doncaster etc. which won in the last 20 years FUCKIN NOTHING. Forest at least can wank with 2 (two) CL until the end of the football era, and being in championship is not a real struggle since with a lucky season you still can get promoted (see Hull)

this desu

My post was stupid, I instantly regret making it. I'm a complete dumb ass.

yeah

supporting any sports team is entirely arbitrary

If it makes any of you feel better, I feel ashamed.

What she said

Forest til I die!

there is absolutely nothing wrong with changing teams

I absolutely feel ashamed of my self, you're right

>this flag
>this heresy against my beloved reds

absolutely disgusting

This

Sup Forums is just part of that loud minority that takes sports way too seriously, they're autistic about the topic like Sup Forums is about anime

Donny Rovers won the JPT in around 2008/9 :^)

>this is what Americans actually believe

Sports really are just light entertainment and commercials for you lards, aren't they?

You're welcome to fuck off any time, gringo

Dont! I've had sympathies for nottingham since the early nineties as they struggled to stay in premier league. My father told me all about glory days of the 70s and 80s football and he was quite fond of nottingham, ajax, st ettiene... You may not be champion league regular, but you have rich history and a dream that one day you'll come back and take the premier title by surprise.

no, we care about winning. How can you guys deal with a team that will never win anything ever and be destined for 14th place in the second or third league? How is that entertaining?

sweden YES

I'm not gonna be a plastic. I dunno what I was thinking when writing this nonsense. I'm just gutted about Forest's constant mediocrity when we could be much better as a club.

>yanks

Not a swede, croat, but my mobile internet provider is swedish. Eh

you are the one complaining. Enjoy staying miserable

but im

When you actually go to football matches instead of sitting on your fat ass with a remote in hand you might finally understand exactly how that is entertaining

How is it entertaining if you just pick a team who will win anyway, so you can go "YAY that's my team" when they inevitably do? Because you must know that's not really your team. You can't enjoy that victory, it's just some unconnected group of athletes. Light entertainment.

When will steaua come back romanian bro? What happened to romanian football?

You can be an Arsenal fan with all of us Americans

I want to see a friendly between Portland Timbers and Nottingham Forrest.

why would you support a team that will no matter what? that is called bandwagoning. Start to support a team that is just ok, with a chance of winning

>When will steaua come back romanian bro
Hopefully never
>What happened to romanian football?
Shit stadiums with a running track,shit football being player, nobody really trying to attract people to the grounds resulting in no money being put into football,thus shit performances and the league being reduced to 14 teams.

What is the point in that? That's ridiculous.

I can't imagine supporting a team that I have zero connection to and I can't go and see on a regular basis.

Where's that lady from Alabama who shot a fan for not being loyal enough? She's the hero we need right now.

Also forest fan here. FUCK YOU 2 BEE QUITEEE HONESSTT.

You're Forest til you die. Imagine what cloughie is thinking about you right now. baka.

Shame what happened to your school of football... I used to know every player in your squas in the 90s... Stelea, hagi, dumitrescu.
Seeing bulgaria and romania at the current olympics makes you think that iron communist fist did something well. You used to have 20+ medals...

thats why you build a connection to the team. Also, the US is massive, so its hard to see games if you live in the middle of nowhere

Or, you know, a team that actually represents you in some capacity. Every time you talk about "picking" a team, the hollowness of American sporting culture is plain to see.

>build a connection

>thats why you build a connection to the team
but you don't, if you don't grow up with it then there is no connection. This is the definition of plastic.

Also, the US is massive, so its hard to see games if you live in the middle of nowhere
Well yes, that would be fucking shit. The answer: have more teams so that you can actually go to games.

what are you guys retarded? you don't need to go to games to get a connection to a team. Watch them on TV, listen on the radio, and read articles keep up with them.

it is not that simple senpai

>you don't need to go to games to get a connection to a team
No of course, just buy some merch and sit on your sofa and it's basically the same

>it is not that simple senpai
It really would be if it wasn't for your outrageously communist system

>he's still unironically defending being a plastic

I think it's good that Americans can't into football, to be honest. I don't want your tacky commercial attitude getting all over the world's favourite game. Stick to your containment 'sports' and you'll be fine.

not even a retard would put a team in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't matter what system US sports have

its already happening. US fans are liking soccer and bandwagon their teams hard. It is inevitable and there is nothing you can do about it

Every town here with 100k population has a team. Even Burnley have less than that and they're in the Premier League.

So what's your excuse? Don't like sports enough?