youtube.com/watch?v=q6iILrqqKD8
youtube.com/watch?v=AKaR4NChZ5U
youtube.com/watch?v=77E9DHDMf8w
youtube.com/watch?v=J1-Gx_98SS0.
youtube.com/watch?v=qimQ0rS7fJw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Black metal sucks

>Burzum - Filosofem

You guys need to wait for 11 months and a couple of weeks.

>Deafheaven - New Bermuda

A E S T H E T I C

pizza
no
post what you're listening to
youtube.com/watch?v=KLHdmIOh3JA

>Deafheaven
>New Bermuda

get out.

this guys voice is making me laugh, but i'm pretty high

>high
better be heroin
weed is for sludgefags

It's still the heart of winter you fucking moron!

this is good enough.

>post what you're listening to

sludge metal bread.

youtube.com/watch?v=nZB3RgTEhrQ

that file resolution

Lunar Aurora - Hoagascht

It is my favorite record of all time.
Not objectively the best record, or even metal record of all time. But the hatred and intensity is unmatched, and was a very important part of my life at that point.

its pretty good huh

Yea it's intense as fuck and the beginning of skald is probably one of my favourite moments in metal

Lunar Aurora is incredible. Slowly becoming one of my favorite black metal bands. Seelenfeuer is just beautiful.
>post what you're listening to

Temnozor - Folkstorm of the Azure Nights

bump

Possibly one of the darkest, most instense black metal you will ever listen to.

youtube.com/watch?v=841ue54z-TI

I enjoy this

Other then Metal Noir Quebecois, Forteresse is so underappreciated. Les hivers de notre époque is really good, and Par hauts bois et vastes plaines is incredible. By far my favorite Forteresse album.

This album is fantastic. I will never understand the hate.

useless posts

posers

entry level, i know, but everyone loves emperor

WHo has the best discography in black metal?

My vote goes to Paysage d'Hiver. Not a bad project in 10+ releases. With Die Festung and Winterkalte being incredible.

Immortal has the best riffs, anymore bands in the same vein as them.

inquisition

inquisition and

This album does absolutely nothing for me. I've tried it twice and it's just so boring. I like Burzum so why isn't this clicking

Don't worry, I couldn't get into it either. I've listened to hundreds of black metal albums, and Emperor just does nothing for me. Although I actually like the 1993 Emperor EP, so maybe give that a listen.

Its probably the first atomshit album. It sounds just like Wolves In The Throne Room, but trve kvlt fags will never admit it.

>Its probably the first atomshit album

that would be hvis lysett tar oss, emperor isn't atmo

I'd argue the first self-titled Burzum album was the first atmospheric black metal album, even if it didn't really have all the qualities and traits that make an atmoshit album today.

I saw some retards screeching over this bands and decided to check them out. Really enjoying their S/T, could I get some reccs for similar stuff?

youtube.com/watch?v=Jc1x_Ail9OQ

that album is like 95% riffs though

peste noire is pretty unique, but drudkh, kroda, and nokturnal mortum are some other non-obnoxious NSBM bands

Deathspell Omega is my favorite new(er) artist
Synarchy of Molten Bones was breddy damn gud, but Paracletus/FAS are amazing as far as peak sound/ideas.

Might qualify for
>I'm 15 and metaphysical Satanism sounds edgy

I'm personally more of a fan of the DSO trilogy than the Blut Aus Nord trilogy as far as the French Scene goes

RIP /metal/ general long live Black Metal General

I'm mostly just looking for other stuff that isn't 2 hours of tremolo picking and blast beats. I've been listening to a lot of Batushka and Windir as well.

I'll be checking out your reccs right now, thanks my man.

i'm assuming you're talking about BAN's 777 trilogy?

their memoria vetusta trillogy is better than that and DsO's.

Also should mention Triangle by Schammasch, yet another trilogy, this one came out as a single release. Also qualifies as more avant-garde than pure black metal by any means. I'm a fan of the concept as a whole though

>BAN returns to black metal and makes arguably their best album in the genre since the debut
>in 2014
Really can't say I expected that

It deserved to die

Yes, should have clarified. 777 isn't bad by any stretch it's just way more industrial than BM.

it's been more or less dead for awhile, there was a thread a few days ago that had over 100 posts and less than 10 posters

I'd say DSO's high points are better than Blut Aus Nord's; thinking Kênose and Diabolus Absconditus along with parts of Paracletus and "Shrine of Mad Laughter".

bump

Burzum s/t is pure riffshit cut with maybe 10% atmoshit

Name my atmoshit burzum-ripoff black metal band moo

bought(property), sold(guitar)

You all need to make like your song lyrics and sacrifice yourself to Satan to fuck off

haha!

sag tit

recently got into black metal, any recommendations outside the obvious ones?

youtube.com/watch?v=q6iILrqqKD8

wow you're plebs
wow you're dumb. synthesizers=/=atmoshit. emperor used synths as part of the central melodies in their music. they didn't just put it in the background to make it sound ambient like atmoshit. the synths on that album are up front and in your face. hell, some of the synth lines are just as hard hitting as the guitar riffs. (see 1:40 on cosmic keys)

it's symphonic black metal and it sounds nothing like wittr. listen to the melodies on in the nightside eclipse. it's SO much more evil

What are your favorite albums of all you've listened to? It's hard to make recs without knowing what you like.

With that said, check out the Greek black metal scene. It's really underappreciated, with some of the best black metal albums coming from there.

Agatus - Dawn of Martydom
Rotting Christ - Triarchy of Lost Lovers
Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp

These are some of the classics.

good rec. i thought i was the only one who knew about this album. the bass is so good

Necropole is probably one of the best "new" black metal bands. I prefer Atavisme... though, such a good record.

Absurd, Peste Noire, Satanic Warmaster

ty

i haven't listened to this one yet. i'll check it out.

This guy knows what's up.
youtube.com/watch?v=AKaR4NChZ5U

this is so fucking good
I love this demo so much
wish more people did a chorus/flange type thing with vocals more in bm

>wish more people did a chorus/flange type thing with vocals more in bm
Me too my man. But i feel like it would be hard to pull it off as well as Varathron did.

>no Watain

let me fix that

youtube.com/watch?v=77E9DHDMf8w

ew

i haven't gone through many entire albums yet, mainly just individual songs. started out with bathory's old stuff and went through the entire discography. under the sign of the black mark was the one that really stood out for me.

other favourites has to be bloodsrit's helveteshymner, thyrfing's vansinnesvisor, acerbitas' EP and irrbloss with yggdrasil. i also adore everything moonsorrow's done but uncertain if they count as black metal at this point.

generally i prefer when there's some folkish tunes to it since we're talking favourites, but i also like a lot of the rawer stuff like the song the guy above linked and stuff like youtube.com/watch?v=J1-Gx_98SS0. i also dig stuff like xasthur and make a change... kill yourself.

will add the greek stuff you linked to the list. rotting christ is good

>generally i prefer when there's some folkish tunes:

Kampfar - Mellom Skogkledde Aaser
Myrkgrav - Trollskau, Skromt Og Kolabrenning
Graveland - Immortal Pride
Saor - Aura

>i also dig stuff like xasthur and make a change... kill yourself

I hope your mental health is okay:
Leviathan - The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide
Ancestral - Avowal
Striborg - Embittered Darkness
Thantifaxath - Sacred White Noise
Silencer - Death, Pierce Me

are the early graveland albums worth listening to?

Depends how early you go to. The stretch of albums from 1994 to 2000 (starting with Carpathian Wolves up to Creed of Iron) are phenomenal and some of the best black metal to come out from Poland. With Immortal Pride being Gravelands magnum opus. The handful of EP's released in the early 90's aren't as good, except for In the Glare of Burning Churches which is incredible and really worth listening to.

You really should try Rimfrost, Hate Forest and Negative Plane

good band desu, they get too much hate

fuck off hipster faggots, deafheaven sucks ass

Itt entry level albums
Arkcanum - Kostogher

much appreciated, now i've got some listening for a while

True Mayhem forever. Fuck Burzum. Hail Darkthrone.

Looks like someone is ashamed of Hammer & Butcher Co. post 2000`s product and hadn`t even bought a CD

>Fuck Burzum. Hail Darkthrone.
Do you even know that Varg & Fenriz are pals?

bump

Stop listening to Mayhem

no this is the first atmo shit youtube.com/watch?v=qimQ0rS7fJw

deathcrush is great
live in Leipzig is fantastic
rest is trash but influential trash

>mayhem
>burzum
>darkthrone
jeez what's wrong with you

Fenriz posted about my band!

I bet you feel real accomplished huh?