Americans...

Americans, is it worth driving around between your cities or would most of this be boring freeway with nowhere to stop and nothing to see?

There is a shitload of stuff to see from New York to DC. Everything else would be crap though, especially SF-Portland and Portland-Yellowstone.

If you stay on the freeways you'll just experience the boring freeway obviously. Take the time out to plan a trip that gets you off of the freeway, into some small towns and doing some sight seeing, eating and drinking the local fare, stop to take tours of local breweries, visit museums, stop at some national parks to experience the splendor of the new world.

yeah obviously this would be ideal but I am not going to plan the 'in between' destinations, in australia you either have freeway through bush with soundwalls on either side or a highway which goes directly though town centres and its easy to stop and get out
I just wanted to know if I would be more likely to see the former or latter in america

The latter but there are many back roads that take you away from the highway and it's possible to travel across the country using them. It just depends on how much time you're willing to spend driving through curvy back roads, also you'll have to dodge slow crossing farm animals, woodland creatures dashing into the road, slow farm tractors, and you'll hit train crossings as well.

All the states vertically aligned with nebraska or iowa (except Louisiana) are ones you drive straight through. In the mountains you should hit all or as many national parks as you can. You are missing great opportunities, hikes, and views by driving straight through the rockies in both the dry south and wetter north.

A lot of that Vegas to San Francisco drive will be boring and ugly, but the rest of it will have plenty of interesting scenery, especially that drive up the PNW and into Yellowstone.

Our countryside is nice. Avoid road trips through the Great Plains states, though.

Usually boring. Roadtrips in the Southwest, New England, and California can be fun because the scenery is pretty.

>driving straight through Minnesota and Texas
>not driving straight through Louisiana

You're crazy if you drive straight through Louisiana, the food alone is worth the trip.

You can get Cajun food anywhere, you don't have to go into nigger ghettos or pidgin-French swamps to do that

Popeyes doesn't count, nigger

you're just afraid of black people got it.

Only Maine to Florida is worth driving.

East Coast I remember a lot of nice stops.
Everywhere else no. Well there are some funny places in some midwest states and Texas but it's still a whole lot of nothing.

Just drive along this highway as every state here has something to see.

Samefag

(You)

cuck

there is plenty of civilization between cities

>driving on our shit highways
Get plane tickets. If you don't want to get raped by TSA, you're outta luck

Drive through Maine, nothing but the same thick forest until I get on the 95 to Portland, traffic, but mangeable, NH for 30 seconds, them MA, same forest, didn't take 495 around Boston, get stuck in traffic, die of old age before making it any farther south.

Great fucking directions

the I8 from phoenix to yuma is pretty fucking barren

Just remember if you drive through pic related.

Boston->NYC->Philly->Baltimore->DC->Richmond->Virginia Beaches

This is a great route to see awesome historic cities
There are other intermediate ones you can go to like Providence and you can really just keep going to Charleston and Atlanta if you want to but Southern Cities aren't that great (neither is Baltimore really)
Virginia and North Carolina Beaches are pretty fucking beautiful and kick the ass of anything Atlantic City has to offer

Imagine nothing but miles and miles and miles of this.

I can almost hear the country music..

Nah, more like the wind blowing as tumbleweeds bound across the road.

Defiinitely not boring.

And I would recommend taking the Pacific highway 1 from Vegas to SFO and not the inland route. Sure it's a little round about, but imo worth the distance.

SFO to Portland nothing great except you could make a small diversion to see Crater National park.

Portland to Boise (enroute Yellowstone) would probably the most boring (relatively) part of the trip.

From there I'd advise you to take the south entrance for the Yellowstone (your map shows west entrance i believe) so that you can see Grand Tetons as well on the way. That's a kickass road trip. But watch out for the asshole deers.

p.s: If you are going to portland just to go to yellowstone, I'd suggest taking the I-80 from SFO to visit Lake Tahoe on Nevada-Cali border and then proceed from there to Yellowstone via Salt lake city

(cont...)

I live in the mountain state area and have driven all over the area. AMA

My suggestion - take the pacific highway 1 (vegas ->bakersfield -> morro bay) and then driving up to SFO

What's the point of having soundwalls innabush?

kangaroos complained to tony abbott about the noise

I can't say for out east or west but I know in the Midwest (on like I35 and I90) there's tons of cool small towns and thing to see.

It will be bushland then soundwalls as soon as the bush ends and some houses might be nearby so one or the other, both boring

good info

sounds good but probably too much driving, more than 1 day at a time quickly becomes boring, a drive between two cities is alright since you have time in between

Avoid the Southeast and middle america.

>proud of country
>cuck
Fuck you. There's plenty of amazing places in the USA outside of the east coast.
Don't have to. I've been there, and it's awful. I told OP to avoid the plains states. Pic is the next state over, though
>OC

It's the same shit here, what the fuck are you talking about?

Are you saying that our cunts have similar landscapes?

Stay in Australia.

The drive down highway 1 from San Francisco to LA is beyond compare.

On your map though, nothing but NY to DC

tl;dr "blacks have good food, shame blacks cook it"

Go to Baltimore, you'll love it.

if you drive from the east through the interior to say chicago, you are going to see a sea of green and rail lines unto the horizon, as it is flat, and solid farmland.

He's not wrong though. I went to a McDonalds in NOLA and it was the worst MD experience ever. The restaurant was built into the side of a building that wasnt even finished; the side door was locked from the inside and two other doors remained locked: you could get stuck in there and never come out. While I was there 2 fights broke out while we were waiting for food, guess the races. Lastly, the place was poorly lit and and the walls and floors looked like they hadnt been mopped in months. This trend followed throughout NOLA as well. Shame, since LA has such good food.

I've always wondered how people drove in these roads. You would think that with the excellent sight lines and lack of places to hide for cops that everyone casually does triple digits on these roads

>tfw PA
>tfw windy pothole hell
>tfw have a big boat car that handles like shit

>owning a car

lamaoing @ ur life

although owning a car is probably a lot cheaper & necessary than here

>USA
>public transport

Your destinations are trite. Congratulations on getting the idea of the American road trip totally wrong.
Now, when discussing how fake, shitty, dumb, or whatever the popular criticism of the US is at the time, you can speak with authority!
Yeah, cars are a necessity for most of us. Since our population density is so low and clustered, it doesn't make as much sense to invest in public transportation outside of major cities.

Americans can you tell me what your major banks are? What bank account do you use for sending/withdraw money?

>implying I'm not into cars
Driving a car on the open road is a blissful feeling for me. I hope I end up with a 2nd gen Pontiac Trans-am someday.