What happens here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cm0jzntW7C4
youtube.com/watch?v=A5ra9cXx1-o
youtube.com/watch?v=pRxUbv90lLI
youtube.com/watch?v=hGLSSUHrOeE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtu.be/cm0jzntW7C4

Did somebody say "the south will rise again"?

youtube.com/watch?v=A5ra9cXx1-o

Men with children's haircuts.
Mostly really nice people.
Some really scary Blair Witch Project deep-woods communities.

There was hardly even any fighting in Alabama during the ACW.

Eternal subtropical summer from April to November, godawful governance, lots of Baptists and nice people, overall.

Neo-confederates, grinding poverty, and in spite of it all everyone is very polite to strangers.

Crime, poverty, and retardation.

They kept giving me free beer because I had a funny accent.

At least they're not Mississippi

Go fuck yourself.

Okay

you have my exact regional.

Is your name Connor?

You two should meet and... do something together.

Honestly, whoever is behind that post is someone I have some connection to; whether I know him or a friend of theirs. most of the population of Harrison county is in Biloxi, d'Iberville, and Gulfport, with some in Saucier, Long Beach, and Pass Christian

Well that's a given, aren't you guys all inbreds down there anyway ?

I'm imported from New Mexico, so not quite me. We do have a running joke in dville that Vancleave is the inbred capital of Mississippi, which is technically true, but I think only one family was actually inbred and it just spread as a meme.

No surprise t b h, the folks probably have nothing better to do. What brought you there from New Mexico, if you don't mind me asking?

Dad was in the military, 25 years i think when he was discharged in 2013. took us all over southern U.S. (never been up north in my life except Boise). Lived in Cali for a year, then Georgia for a year~, then NM for 7~ish. 2010 is when we moved down here.

Damn dude, that sounds kinda rough, but I imagine it was also cool to get to see some variety. What has your favorite state been thus far?

Better than Mississippi t'bh

Inbreeding

Probably New Mexico, since ABQ was where I was raised. MS is pretty shit, even on the coast where I live is pretty bland. New Orleans is jam packed with stuff to, which is cool and all, but the whole city reeks and shanty neighborhoods are parallel to major businesses. I went to Colorado once, can't remember the city though. It was nothing but snow, though.

The only thing I can name about alabama worth mentioning is the college football, same with mississippi. That and how often we're pounded by hurricanes, floods, and tornados

As someone who lives in Washington but has travelled through states ranked lower (such as Wisconsin and North Carolina), I don't understand this map.

>pretty bland
>jam-packed, but shanty neighborhoods parallel to major buisnesses
>nothing but snow

Such is life in flyovers, huh?

>how often we're pounded by hurricanes, floods, and tornados
Fuck, how horrifying. Sounds like a pretty good reason to avoid the middle and coastal areas of America.

Do you live on the west or east side? I'd say that eastern WA falls under the average and seattle sits above average. Tbh east side is comfier though so i dont give a fuck

>he doesn't have extra flags
Eastern Washington is definitely poorer than the Seattle area, but no place in the state is worse than White Center or Tacoma. Except maybe Yakima.

I think the day or the day after Trump was inaugurated a tornado hit Hattiesburg and Petal. I know a few people who were affected, including people attending William Carey, which was also partially destroyed. one thing I never got is why people built their homes so low - whenever it rains hard for 3 or more days parts of my town flood entirely and people literally have to canoe from their home to higher ground to where they (hopefully) parked their car.

pic related, taken after the tornado in petal

Ice Road Truckers

holy fuck, we really need to build weather-controlling technology.

:)

I can't imagine how bad the snow storms get in alaska. Do you live in the capital, Anchorage, or somewhere even more remote?

pic semi-related, a friend of mine's backyard after several days of heavy rain. The entire land is flat and still managed to flood enough to where driving was not possible

scratch that, I completely forgot I had regionals on lmao. the better question is what brought you to Alaska of all places?

Snow storms aren't an issue unless you live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, and no, I live in a small town ~40mi. outside of Anchorage (Juneau is our capital, btw), used to live there though. I've lived here my whole life.

How the fuck does it get that bad down there? Do you not have proper drain systems or something? Like honestly you'd think these conditions would require relocation or renovation.

The problem is that gulf coast mississippi is an uphill battle toward the center - the farther south you get the closer to sea level you get. I live pretty deep in d'Iberville, and I think I'm still not even 10 feet above sea level. There is a neighborhood next to mine however that is built lower than mine, and as a result all the flat land floods. Some people have remedied this by building their houses on stilts like the pic I posted, but a lot of them still have to sit through the flooding. I don't think it's too bad, however, cause I never see garbage flooding onto the roads.

As for drainage systems, they're bad. Our beach in Biloxi is an artificial one - they just dumped a bunch of sand on rocks and called it good. There are open sewage pipes running into the gulf that visitors can stand and walk on.

HOME SWEET HOME
O
M
E

S
W
E
E
T

H
O
M
E

tornadoes year round

Tfw I live 15 min from tacoma.

I would too if the roads weren't packed with Somalis and Chinks of every shade.

sorry to hear that user

lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=pRxUbv90lLI

>weather-controlling technology
It already exists.

Not in the right places, evidently.

Well tbf it doesnt stop rain, only seeds rain clouds.

Something we could really use down here

youtube.com/watch?v=hGLSSUHrOeE

Sweet home.

Fuck off, mississippi is the best state.

Used to live in Madison. Pretty good place to live imo.