How long before "grandpa rock" becomes a thing?

How long before "grandpa rock" becomes a thing?

Sabbath

buddy holly stuff is grandpa rock

Dad rock has to become a thing first. It's not because it's just a Reddit meme perpetrated by underage plebs.

Most people who listened to them probably have grendchildren already

The Beatles are already grandpa rock

Idunno, people still only refer to 90s rock as dadrock jokingly even though it's a true label now

I guess we're mostly mid 20s so our parents are late 40s to 50s, so 70s rock is still our 'dadrock'. Maybe give it 10 more years and the next generation will be referring to Zep et all as 'grandpa rock'

early surf rock sounds like grandpa rock

Already a thing. My mom wasn't even alive when Bruce Springsteen put out his first album.

When will hipsters get over their daddy issues and stop passively aggressively referring to rock music as dadrock?

Maybe when they hit 40 and realize all the rap and electronic music they listen to is also now old

my grandparents were in their early 20s when black sabbath released their first album

ozzy is literally old enough to be my grandfather

>He doesn't own his mom's Bruce Springsteen records

When you finally lose your virginity

dadrock is my favorite genre its not a slur you idiot

Ozzy is probably your grandfather

My grandparents grew up and started families before Rock n Roll even started.

this

By the time kanye becomes dadrap

already exists

dad new wave doesn't have a ring to it

most dadrock was released during my granpdarents generation and before you yell mods like an autist im 22. The true definition of dadrock is that you can buy a band shirt from jcpenney or walmart since theres a huge gap beween the beatles/stones and gnr/nirvana

It already is. It's just the term hasn't caught on yet.

My grandparents were part of the Glenn Miller generation.